It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Post subject: Echo w/ Fade?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 pm 

Im trying to make an instrumental / rap for my buddies b-day, and I had a really great idea for the intro. Im sampling something from a movie saying "Happy birthday homie, happy birthday homeboy!", but then afterwards, when the person from the sample says "Make A Wish", I had an idea that I would make the "Wish" part echo while fading out / into the actual beat I am making.

Does anybody know how to do this with the sp? the closest thing i can find is tape echo and doesnt work the way I want it to.

If anybody doesn't get exactly what I mean, the only example I can think of atm, and not sure if it's a good example, is "Be Free (Remix) - Cunninlynguists"
at about 18-22sec, should notice the small fade / echo on the guitar sample

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Echo w/ Fade?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 pm 

try to resample with echo where you want the first time , then with isolator the second time to control the volume.
this should do the trick i think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:51 am 

I would set the delay effect up to match the main beat. Set the note value (knob 1) to say 4, 8 or whatever works. Then, have a duration of about 10-12 o'clock on knob 2, and a level of about 12-2 o'clock on knob 3. Then, resample the "make a wish" and right before it says "wish" turn on the delay to get the fading echo effect on just the "wish." If you match up the bpm just right, that should give you the desired effect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:41 pm 

wanna know how it really is in the hood?? most brothers don't make it past the age of 18........

but really, you got this, either turn down the balance knob, knob 3, for no echo, and then turn it up right as wish is said, and have the other knobs predetermined so it echos right, or resample it the way you want and trigger wish right as he says it, so like maybe mark wish, turn on the delay, and just get the wish echo fade out how you want it, resample it, then unmark the first and let him say wish in one or the other samples and trigger the echo pad at the right time, keep it raw my man, don't stress the perfection, i've always wanted to sample don't be a menace, so many funny lines in that