It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:12 pm

Post subject: yo
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:29 am 

whats good

Post subject: Re: yo
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 5:16 pm 

i been addicted to your stuff last month again, did you sense it and come back?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:04 am 

Woe wrote:

what stuff? Ive been sensing deep feels for SP, I don't think I can describe this movement with precise language.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am 

susan balmar wrote:
Woe wrote:

what stuff? Ive been sensing deep feels for SP, I don't think I can describe this movement with precise language.

honestly a lot of warm thighs and the ***** is very iconic to me too growing up on that. been hoping to see you again soon

What gear you on and what do you still have laying around?!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:59 am 

is this real lol it sounds like two AI pretending to have a conversation

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:34 pm 

Woe wrote:
susan balmar wrote:
Woe wrote:

honestly a lot of warm thighs and the ***** is very iconic to me too growing up on that. been hoping to see you again soon

What gear you on and what do you still have laying around?!

can't sus if i know u from here before or not ~ *****? lol

also, i have sp404 og next to me... and two mpd-24 pads, one i got recently cuz my old one is a victim of neglect and much abuse. I got this tech to throw beats on original gameboy SP hardware and can re-sample from it direct~ was thinking about doin beat shit with it but kinda busy doing 6 hour days drawing manga rn.

Last edited by susan balmar on Tue May 21, 2024 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:35 pm 

IIIII wrote:
is this real lol it sounds like two AI pretending to have a conversation

thx for your input.... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 12:18 pm 

You dont know me, but weve spoken here and there over the years.

still on the mpd24 and black japanese og 404 after all this time, nice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 5:42 pm 

:o woe you have a utoob channel right? I vaguely remember you having some golden videos storedl. Share it
Pls

Attachments:
Screenshot_20240217_141547_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20240217_141547_Instagram.jpg [ 538.35 KiB | Viewed 3002 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:18 pm 

Woe wrote:
You dont know me, but weve spoken here and there over the years.

still on the mpd24 and black japanese og 404 after all this time, nice

well its nice to meet you Woe. 8) Are u making stuff yrself?

i sold my old 404 to some guy off craigslist ~ the banks were full of material.
I tried to quit beats, and sps, and everything that I could associate with it. I did nothing but supercollider for a while, then I only did piano and midi modules (alesis, integra, mt32).
but u know, i almost got 404 tattooed on my body, either, 404 or something else thats personal. I kinda want the 404 tat cuz it has strong sentimental or significant power in my life. Not just about the hardware itself but maybe just the phrase alone "404".

I dont have interest in whatever roland or teenager engineering makin to cater to the wave~ so I got an OG sp thats exactly the same~ black jp~ jp sellers are the illest BTW~ and MINT mpd24~ I have my og og mpd24 the pads still work but she's lookin pretty dystopian.

when i was younger, i had no respect for my gear.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:46 pm 

susan balmar wrote:

well its nice to meet you Woe. 8) Are u making stuff yrself?

i sold my old 404 to some guy off craigslist ~ the banks were full of material.
I tried to quit beats, and sps, and everything that I could associate with it. I did nothing but supercollider for a while, then I only did piano and midi modules (alesis, integra, mt32).
but u know, i almost got 404 tattooed on my body, either, 404 or something else thats personal. I kinda want the 404 tat cuz it has strong sentimental or significant power in my life. Not just about the hardware itself but maybe just the phrase alone "404".

I dont have interest in whatever roland or teenager engineering makin to cater to the wave~ so I got an OG sp thats exactly the same~ black jp~ jp sellers are the illest BTW~ and MINT mpd24~ I have my og og mpd24 the pads still work but she's lookin pretty dystopian.

when i was younger, i had no respect for my gear.

feel like the majority went through gear like that back in those days

I dont really put anything i make out there but i like experimenting with stuff . i just sold my fm synth yesterday and looking for some different synth to play with.
currently i got a sp202 dr202 sp404og and a mk2. youre not missing much on the mk2.
it has a few nice features i like but i kinda want to trade it in for another og instead. that japanese yellow wouold be nice
supercollider is sick, ive seen some cool stuff come out of that. i been looking into making my own mididevice+basicsynth for a bit now based on stm32 but dont have much time to properly work on that. got some cool ideas, just need a bit mroe time.
also, If i knew i would have gotten that 404 of you in a heartbeat.

P00K wrote:
:o woe you have a utoob channel right? I vaguely remember you having some golden videos storedl. Share it
Pls

haha no I have nothing rare, only a deleted jalen video and part of a long forgotten gangbl00d(?!) tape wonder where the other half went

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:27 am 

yellow sp ?What? never seen that one #bumblebee
(it lookin real sexy~!)
I hated orange and it took me ten years to love it.
then I hated yellow even more, and it took me a few weeks to learn to love it.

supercollider is amazing~ not for everyone.
I danced around with code a bunch, I'm not a tru programmer type person.
So im kinda distancing myself from that grind. I don't think its necessary.
I just need to have fun.
yes.....i *would* like access to more controls on sp, release, attack, real pitch, real panning...
but whatever, I don't think it really matters.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 4:00 am 

ayy, welcome back
so glad to see you back on your SP shit!

I remember texting you on some site like 1,5 years ago and rambled about all this nostalgia, all of it, praising all the creative cats, the battles, dojo feelng, olympics, SLF, all the legendary tapes that I'll bump forever! this forum had always this magical feeling I can't really describe it. The whole thing shaped me so much and pushed me further into my love for music as a teenager. So glad I found this forum like 13 years ago, I think I was browsing thru blogspot after blogspot at night and then stumbled over a CULP or p00k release (o7) on some random mexican blog if I remember correctly and the rest is history. Damn I miss the blog internet era as well.

It was a magical time and I'll be forever thankful that I was so lucky to experience all of this when I was younger. And that's just ~me~ who was basically a shy lurker from europe :oops: who basically ran away everytime someone asked me to drop something, publicly, or work together, that's the only thing I pretty much regret, but I wasn't ready and in a bad headspace for a long time. Also selling my SP-303 and another OG SP-404 back then way too underpriced for basically poison :|

But it's all good I rebought the OG at some point. let's bring the magic back!
S/O Jalen wherever you are, Ill never will forget when you sent me that whole Lord beatjistzu bruce li bolo yeung BLACK BELT THEATRE package with something along the lines like "be careful, this might ruin your life forever :mrgreen:

Quote:

damn a SP404 tattoo sounds like the perfect fit, can only imagine how much all this means to you. if someone can / should rock that then it's definitely Y0U :!:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qkt4zi8KGU

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 5:54 pm 

susan balmar wrote:
yellow sp ?What? never seen that one #bumblebee

yeaa japan got the cool red and yellow, ketchup and mustard combo and black ofc, as they always get the good

susan balmar wrote:
yes.....i *would* like access to more controls on sp, release, attack, real pitch, real panning...
but whatever, I don't think it really matters.

I mean dont get me wrong its a nice device but its gives so much extra and everything sounds hifi out of hte box, and some of the filters and fx sounds so meh, esp my favourite the 404 wah is so fun and soudns amazing on the og but the mk2 has an lfo based one it just goes rather than respond to freq ah well

CAPTCHA404 wrote:
who was basically a shy lurker from europe :oops:

your story and mine match up a lot, lost twin?!
and jalen is still out making stuff check it out its different but still amazing, he got talent flowing