It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:22 pm

Post subject: MV 8800 My new Ish!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:55 pm 

Well what started off as me trading an old technic 1200 for a sp 202 and ensoniq eps turned into a trade a few weeks later for a sp 505 and sampletrak st 224 in the same day . Than selling them both in the same day because my goal was to buy maschine studio but one on my boys was selling his mv 8800 and I was ok let me see whats good cause I had a mv 8000 a few years back once I got on the mv 8800 the work flow was real smooth I don't know how roland dropped the ball with it cause maschine is a straight jack of the mv workflow wise anyway I'm Loving this joint .

Post subject: Re: MV 8800 My new Ish!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:24 pm 

MV8800 is one of the most underrated pieces of gear ever....its the brain of my studio, can't imagine producing stuff without it. Post when you get some new tracks made on it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:18 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

richiedinero wrote:
I don't know how roland dropped the ball with it

Well they really fixed the software with the last few software versions (or really anything after the initial first version) and had a much better team of music producers to provide them with the feedback the machine needed.

Some recent talk on the Roland MV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPJyoyLwb6I

About 4:00 minutes in there's talk on the MV here as well as comparing to the MPC and such and some more Roland gear talk that might be interesting. A bit less MV specific though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K23pTIp_AU4

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:26 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

blavatsky wrote:
MV8800 is one of the most underrated pieces of gear ever....

Yeah, definitely true. It's a bit weird, because in terms of work-flow the MV-8800 still looks nicer to me than anything the MPC X or MPC Live does now (which are closer to a rough iteration of what is the software Maschine-style software work flow and much much less the MPC 4000 work flow). And there are bugs on the X and Live, some crashes even.

So.... despite wanting to update to newer hardware in a new all-in-one box I still feel it might be up to Roland to make a successor to the MV-8800 themselves to satisfy my needs. That's how good the MV-8800 is.

And nope, I'm not hating on MPCs at all. It's similar to how most cats out there would probably argue the MPC 4000 is still the best Akai MPC, with perhaps the 3000 having the best sound. Tracking out sequences per out is a pain on those though, still the MPC 5000 did not come close despite being a more updated version in a hardware sense.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:51 am 

blavatsky wrote:
MV8800 is one of the most underrated pieces of gear ever....its the brain of my studio, can't imagine producing stuff without it.

WORD IS FVCKING BOND!

8)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:35 pm 

MV is a beast. Had one for a year or so. Loved it but ultimately sold it after getting an Ableton Push, was just too slow in comparison. Bang for buck tho the MV can’t be touched. I’d cop another if one popped up at a good price. It’s a shame they only had 2 MIDI outs and the output expansion board costs more than the machine itself lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:02 pm 

^ damn

they didnt really see it through like it should have been . i only remember seeing RZA really push the unit commercially ..