It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Post subject: rm1x users
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:58 pm 

i recently got one. the keypad is touch and go though. I've ordered some new switches and i'm gonna take some pictures. Now I'm still waiting on the switches but the seller seems hella cool. They seem to be broken and under-rated lately but can be had for cheap.

I don't like the depth yet. :lol: but seriously, it is a lot of machine. My 404 and padkontrol are what I jam to.

Post subject: Re: rm1x users
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:05 pm 

i lied. no pics.
just had a baby girl and didn't have the time to chronicle it.
but i have taken this beast apart (almost completely). I replaced the switches that control the music parts (keys). it's my first time to do something like this and it wasn't that bad but i had a helper who had. that was the most helpful thing. if you have any questions, holla.

it is like a new machine!
(but i wish had replaced the +1 button)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:25 pm 

I also recently purchased a replacement switch kit for the future. The stock switches have not been problematic, yet! Yamaha 24x7 also has the O.S. 1.13 Eprom for an outrageous price of $140. That's a hefty price for an eprom chip.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:43 pm 

whats this j,a midi/pad controler or something...?forgive my add

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:45 pm 

btw,everything good in your part of japan now?read they're building a much larger area around the plant.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:56 pm 

man i'm more worried about my baby girl's fever coming down than anything else right now, she's only a week old and she had a spinal tap today :shock: on the plus side they don't think it's meningitis. The country of Japan seems to be getting back to normal.

boombap, i read that you can get you're $$ back when you send in the old os eprom but idk. why is 1.12 so bad?

oh and the rm1x is a sequencer with built in sounds.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 pm 

word, I got an RS7k (rm1x big brother , same basic sound set + sampling) off of a member on vintagesynth and had to get the full key replacement deal, most stuck or double triggered. Dude was very cool about it, I think I got it done for about $150 total (he paid)

I love my SP sampler, but the RM1x and RS7k are sick, sick sequencers....does the RM1X have the beat remix stuff, where you can do different rolls/breaks/etc where it rearranges your MIDI data?

Oh sorry to hear about your kid too man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:28 am 

she's doing much better!

don't know about the midi beat shuffle. is it like the midi delay, where it will change up the beat with a turn of the pot? if so, then yes.

btw 150 sounds steep. i got my buttons (shipping and all) for twenty bones and did it myself. but only the key parts.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:22 am 

The problem with OS 1.12 is when you use the RM1X to control external modules and it sends unwanted PCs and CCs and sysexes.

For example, you want it to change the drum kit of your external module, say you send it PC(program change) 015, somewhere along the way it will revert to PC000 (the default kit), even if you put the PCs directly in your pattern.

It will also send all kinds of messages, even if you set the MIDI filter as to not send those messages.

One way to overcome this is use external gear which doesn't accept PCs or can effectively block some of the messages from the RM1X.

Mine seemed to have another problem, that when I change patterns (pattern groups to be more precise), the synth tracks seemed out of sync for a while (using only internal sounds).

I got the new chip, but haven't changed it yet. Anyone know of any site with gut shots? I looked for pics several months ago, but found nothing. Also, will I have to desolder the chip, put in a socket, then the new chip (I haven't opened it up yet)? Or is a socket already there? Any other rewiring necessary for the change?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:56 pm 

Warrika, take a look at this site. Step by step, with pics of the guts, showing how to change the O.S. eprom in the RM1x:

http://lowbroweye.com/post/4837201400/l ... amaha-rm1x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:41 pm 

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:02 am 

I was thinking of getting a Rm1x, and control the AN200/DX200s from them. But I can use it as a 1 stop shop for sequencing. But if I got another RS7000, then there’s no need to get the Rm1x since the RS7000 is one of those on steroids.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:57 am 

just a heads up for anyone who might have one or looking to get one. the sensors for the buttons tend to go bad. I replaced a set and sold mine a while ago. But I got a few sets of replacement switches left. Hollar at me if you need a new set of switches.