It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Post subject: Chopping samples
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:30 pm 

Hey, new to this site and the 303!

So far, I have figured out how to record samples (am doing so from my computer till i hook up turntable), but I have 1 question...

say I have an 8-bar sample, is there any way to chop that sample into 8 pieces and assign each 1/8th of the sample into the 8 pads???

probably a really dumb question, but I tried looking around and couldnt find any videos or answers :S

edit : figured it out, no longer need help on this.

Post subject: Re: Chopping samples
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 pm 

I encourage you to share how you solved the issue for the benefit of others who will search the forums later on.
Om

Post subject: Re: Chopping samples
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:46 am 

Oh, well yeah i dont think there is an auto chop feature on the 303 (not that I know of), so you have to do it by using the mark button.

To do that, you hold mark, and then hit the pad with the sample...it then marks it from the start to whenever you hit mark again (in this case at the end of the first bar). Once you've gotten that bar set up so it i guess matches the tempo you recorded the sample at, you resample it into another bar using the resample feature (hold down resample then hit record, select the pad you want to record to, then hit record, and then the pad you want to record from...it wont stop recording until you hit it again)

Afterwards, you mark the next bar, rinse and repeat