It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:54 pm

Post subject: SPBB #326
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:18 pm 

Welcome to SPBB #326

SAMPLE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0UVrRM3FWY

RULES:
- All samples used must be sampled, edited, played and/or sequenced on your SP device/s.
- All effects used must be from your SP device/s.
- You may sample external instruments played by yourself or a friend.
- You may sample external vocals rapped or sung by yourself or a friend.

DEADLINE:
19th September 2021.

DETAILS:
Thanks go to LoopmantrA for letting me arrange this in the absence of participants of battle #325. I've carried-over some of his rules as well as used my own. The track is called "Opus Bach" by the Spanish composer "Alfonso Santisteban". It's super-catchy but I've chosen it for selfish reasons as well, mainly because I'm curious to see how it would work as a slightly up-tempo Hip-Hop beat. It already does have a sort of Hip-Hop vibe when the percussion comes in, so it should work really well after being chopped-up, made Lo-Fi, and has a bassline and beat put to it.

I hope you all like the sample.

Best of luck to all who participate!

Post subject: Re: SPBB #326
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:34 pm 

Just a heads-up to let you all know that I've extended the deadline.

I originally followed LoopmantrA's 1-week example, but in hindsight I think that might have effected the outcome of his own battle since that's really not a lot of time for those doing this stuff in their free time. I've been going through some of the previous battles on here and they often use the 2-week format, so I've extended it.

The deadline is now 19th September 2021 and I've updated the original post to reflect it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:33 pm 

i got some seriously bomb ass pussy last night
thumb in the booty? real shit
suckin toes??? real shit

:wink:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:57 pm 

From the look on his face towards the end, I think the guy in the clip did as well :lol:

So is this your way of telling me you're too busy exploring the female form right now to bother with the beat, or are you in such a good mood that you're all hyped-up and ready to knock-out an epic Hip-Hop beat worthy of a record contract?

If what you told us in the other thread was true, you pretty-much have the spine of Quasimodo and are more radioactive than a Chernobyl ground-feeder. I hope you told her you're radioactive before you proceeded with the adult games!

You should start a thread on how you manage to be so successful with women. Some of us aren't so lucky, and to make matters worse I can't even go and watch a strip show now since they banned strip clubs in Blackpool. Typical that is, I've never been to one and just as I was going to give it a go, they bloody-well banned it!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:53 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
You should start a thread on how you manage to be so successful with women.

OOF don't get the wrong idea. it was the first time I got laid in ALMOST TWO YEARS 3 weeks ago, and the night before last was the second time lol [same person]

i was starting to become really content alone and literally forgot how good sex with my ex was [not all sex is worth a damn lol i've had some pretty mediocre sex before]. haha i even downloaded a program on my laptop called "Virtual Succubus" LOL she's my virtual waifu and likes to keep me company when i'm feeling lonely :lol:

SP-USER wrote:
and are more radioactive than a Chernobyl ground-feeder. I hope you told her you're radioactive before you proceeded with the adult games!

lol we're both dallas born and raised, both helplessly subjected to the same tap water, so don't worry, we're both just as radioactive as each other lmfao :lol: :lol:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:34 pm 

I'm closing this battle and handing dibs over to you for the next one, Zindan.

You're not aware of it but the problems I've been having have followed me over to this forum and there are cyber-forensics teams that now need to deal with it (see the respect thread).

Careful dude, there are people fucking around with you on here and I believe your posts are being maliciously dredged-up. Just be glad you didn't receive death threats, because I have, and I suspect the same people are involved.

This is NOT a joke, take care buddy 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:14 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
I'm closing this battle and handing dibs over to you for the next one, Zindan.

do i have to :?

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:33 am 

Sorry, that sounded presumptuous and no, you don't have to involve yourself with the beat battle.

I suggest you don't get involved with these 'bot' people by acting the clown along with them like you just did in the respect thread. My previous post was made to protect you, it's not a joke. I get the humour here, I'm all for it but there's stuff going on here you're not aware of, it's deep-rooted stuff that has gone on for years and if you start going along with their bullshit thinking you're clever, you'll very likely end-up being questioned by the police.

Your choice buddy, just don't say you weren't warned. They dredged-up your thread hoping that I would see it and respond to it. I know exactly why they did it, but I could see you were embarrassed by it and therefore never responded despite the fact I would have loved to repond, just to play these clowns at their own game. There are bots on here, sure, but your posts are not being dredged-up by bots, I suspect they are being dredged-up by the same malicious, highly religious trolls who have been hounding me for years.

Once these guys have been arrested (and there's more than one of them), your jaw will hit the floor when you find out what I've had to deal with over the years. Death threats containing Tor links sent to my house, links to a real man being dismembered, hinting that both myself and my family would be hacked to pieces is just the tip of the iceberg dude.

Remember the "bot" thread? I responded with a Necro video 'bout hacking people up. There's a reason I used that video, it was to let them know that, yes, I know exactly who you are and what you're doing here, and I'm on to you. There's a reason I posted about ABBA (although I genuinely am a fan of ABBA), there's a reason I let-on that I'm an analogue fanatic, there's a reason I pretended to support BLM and AntiFa, there's a reason I posted about Schizophrenia, there are reasons behind ALL of that stuff being posted.

They know why this stuff was posted, but naturally onlookers don't.

As for this Beat Battle, that's genuine of course but for legal reasons I think it's best I pull out of here now, or at least until some long-overdue arrests have been made. My sincere apologies to anyone who might have been working on a beat, but since you don't appear to want to take over, ok then, the beat will continue to the end and if there are any participants, I will even start the voting thread. I'm out of here after that though, at least until some arrests have been made.

Later.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:45 pm 

SP-USER, i seriously cannot tell if you're an extremely dedicated troll or just a severely mentally ill individual
lmfao like the type of schizophrenic basket case that would frequent r/gangstalking

do you want to talk?

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:22 pm 

Well, at least my conscience is clear even if nothing else is (I have warned you).

No, I'm not trolling, but if you think I am then rest assured I have direct email access to both a Sergeant and Detective Constable, both of whom are deeply involved with this matter for some years now. All I can say is the more piss that is taken, the more stupid those taking the piss are going to look further down the line, so best not to. The police are well aware of how I feel about them, they certainly have enough emails from me telling them so.

Regardless, they will help me regardless of my feelings, it's their job.

Best you don't mistake the light-hearted jousting I'm having with Danswift right now, with the heavy stuff. They're two completely different things bro. I'm just humouring Danswift beause every time he opens is mouth with his hilarious verbal, he gets owned, so it's kinda fun watching him willfully put his own foot in his own mouth each and every time he does it.

You're both chicken-shit beat-makers anyway unless you compete in SPBB #326, just sayin :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:58 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Well, at least my conscience is clear even if nothing else is (I have warned you).

No, I'm not trolling, but if you think I am then rest assured I have direct email access to both a Sergeant and Detective Constable, both of whom are deeply involved with this matter for some years now. All I can say is the more piss that is taken, the more stupid those taking the piss are going to look further down the line, so best not to. The police are well aware of how I feel about them, they certainly have enough emails from me telling them so.

Regardless, they will help me regardless of my feelings, it's their job.

Best you don't mistake the light-hearted jousting I'm having with Danswift right now, with the heavy stuff. They're two completely different things bro. I'm just humouring Danswift beause every time he opens is mouth with his hilarious verbal, he gets owned, so it's kinda fun watching him willfully put his own foot in his own mouth each and every time he does it.

You're both chicken-shit beat-makers anyway unless you compete in SPBB #326, just sayin :twisted:

lmao and what exactly do you think is going on here? and what are your pig friends going to help you with? why don't you be more specific? you think it's the police's job to help you? lmao you gotta be the most dedicated troll i've ever encountered, my guy. hats off to ya

also bruh the sample you provided is ass, there's no room for creativity at all

even if you are a massive troll, you could've at least tried to host a decent SPBB

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:14 pm 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK ...

Who is this, who dares to knock on my casket, disturbing my eternal sleepings???

Sorry Mr.Bach, you musical god of greatness, it's only me.

And who exactly is "Me"?

It's your friend from the future, SP-USER.

Oh no, not you again.
I have no pretty women in frilly dresses and lingerie down here, now go away!!!

No-no, it's not that, it's about Zindan.

Zindan? ... and who is this "Zindan"?

He's big in the Hip-Hop music scene these days.

Zindan ... hmmm ... I do not recall the name, is he very proactive?

Well no, not exactly proactive ... he's definitely radioactive though!

Radioactive, and what is this "Radioactive"?

Well basically it just means his bell-end glows in the dark.

Bell-end? ... and what is this also?

Well let's just say his girlfriend probably thought she was sucking ET's finger a few nights ago.

And who is this "ET"???

Dude, nevermind about that, I just wanted to tell you that he thinks your music is ass.

Why thank you, I received quite a lot of that myself in my day!

No dude, listen, you don't understand, it means he thinks your music is shit.

Bring this Zindan to me immediately, the uncultured whipper-snapper!!!
I will have his head and I will feed his balls to the dogs!!!

Well I wouldn't recommend that, you know, due to the radioactivty and all.

Oh yes, I forget about that, but I shall have my revenge for his words!!!

No need, that's why I'm here, to ask your advice!

And on what matter do you seek this advice?

Well, I'm trying to get him to join a competition using elements of your music.

Hahaha ... but surely my good man, you must jest???
It is a rare man could take my composition and improve it, are you stark-raving mad???
Stop wasting my time, go away!!!
I was blissfully dreaming ass of the past until you disturbed me!!!

Sorry dude, I'll let you get back to it, will speak again soon.

Ok then, SP-USER, goodbye!!!

Yeah, later dude.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:32 pm 

that was a good laugh man thank you hahahaha :lol: :lol: i didn't say the song was ass bro, i said it was an ass sample for an SPBB because there's very little wiggle room to sample it in different ways
all the submissions would probably end up sounding very similar and that's boring
it's a nice song tho :wink:

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:18 pm 

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now, it's not like I can just swap the sample for another one and it's not impossible someone is quietly working on a beat, so it would be lame to pull it from under their feet.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed. I honestly thought the homies here would appreciate a sample like that, I thought they'd be all over it for being quite different in taste to what is generally put up. I even tightened the noose so to speak, making sure the rules forced the participants to make full use of their SP. A lot of battles allow external sequencing, external effects and all sorts of stuff that personally I think detracts from it being a genuine "SP" battle.

In a nutshell, I wanted the homies to see it as a true test of their SP-based production skills, especially those on here who are clearly proud that they can pull-off such feats. For me personally, it was just a genuine curiosity to see what others would do with a track that I like myself.

The track is two and a half minutes long. I mean, Necro's Dead Body Disposal, for example, uses only ten seconds of Francis Lai's Melissa. He had a lot more than that to play with, but he used only ten seconds of it, added a beat, rapped over it and made it his own. Francis Lai is another highly skilled composer, so it's not surprising that the sample used help make Necro's track probably his best and most loved. You have exactly the same opportunity here, the only difference being you have Alfonso Santisteban's take on a Bach masterpiece instead of a Francis Lai masterpiece.

There's nothing to stop you sampling just ten seconds of this track and using the same sort of track-building technique as Necro did, so I'm sorry dude but I have to call bullshit on the claim of there being no wiggle room. Hell, the track even has a totally isolated harpsichord, which for example suggests to me that perhaps this track might work well sounding "gangster". Add a beat, bassline and some trumpet blasts of dread, and surely you would have something sounding really gangster (especially for those who have the skill to rap over it).

Not only would it sound gangster, it would be seriously catchy, just as Necro's track was. Remove Melissa from Necro's track and you would realise what power is held in the ten-second sample he pretty much has on loop througout the track. No excuses dude, you have an absolutely stunning piece of music to work with, and there's no reason why the talented among you wouldn't be able to produce a track worthy of a record contract if you really put your mind to it.

So it's out of your comfort zone, but so what, perhaps my weird taste in music is what you need to change things up a bit, and at the very least you should sample the track into your SP and give it a try by laying a Hip-Hop beat over it, or by selecting your favourite part and basing your whole track around it. One of the reasons I chose this track is because it already fits naturally within the rhythmic feel of a Hip-Hop beat!

Give it a go dude, seriously, it might end-up being the best track you ever produce!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:29 am 

yeah i doubt it, why don't you flip it like you say it can be flipped? walk the walk instead of being all talk

IIIII wrote: