SouthPaaw  7%  7%  [ 2 ]
DJ Pogo Angel  14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Nouk  0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Null Sweat  10%  10%  [ 3 ]
IIIII  14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject: Re: SPBB #302 Poll
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:13 am 

Y'all went hard on the delegation sample. Full track here https://youtu.be/BbMzoSVKp1Q take some time to listen if you haven't heard it, one of my fav songs

Voted for

BanPan - so much personality and humor I love it. Great drums. Really thought u would win this

Null Sweat - flipped some of the harder samples. Very enjoyable

Runner up southpaaw, the vocal samples and the drums blend with your sample cuts very nice.

Thanks to everyone for making this a battle to remember. We really keeping this alive!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:55 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

I think Lif knocked it out of the park this time, very creative and a lot going on. Also voted Null Sweat, man you have a good ear for texture and layering sounds.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:33 pm 

Once again inspired by all your guys beats. Truly. Love this shit.

Greenshirt- nice choppy vibe! Love the vocal quality on the intro.

MaleficentDiscoint3-gave me acid flashbacks lol. I like abstract vibe, maybe a more consistent beat would help getting the bounce in it.

BanPan-This was fire. Nice to hear some less boom bap kinda beat. The switch up in the middle was dope. I’m gunna be singing “issue isn’t about ass. Dirty ass” for the next week :lol: Was this all on SP?! You’re a wizard bro.

Asha C-loved your bass and think you flipped that sample better than me. Nice to hear some mellow vibes from u man. Also variation in the beat was nice which I’m realising is pretty key to keeping my attention and ears happy.

Lif- your beats are hard man! Got in a hole listening to your stuff after some crazy strong edibles and was playing for my girlfriend too, she was liking it. That ending too! I’m a fanboy lol

Frankie Lee- felt like I was underwater!! Love the sample flip. The distorted kick was a little too dirty for me, it nearly blew my car speakers out hahah. But good vibe regardless.

Ryba-suuuper clean. Sounded like a really finished track. You got me at “you got ittt” vocal sample. Nice work man. When the guitar came in I knew this would be one vote regardless.

Fishaman- dope bro. Something in the bounce was addictive. Love the sound you got with the chops and effects. The guitar is so dope on it.

DJ Pogo- the sound literally surrounded me in my headphones. Really rich texture and then those fucking keys came in. Again someone who flipped that sample better than me. I’m gunna be listening to this again 100%. Nice bass too man.

NOUK-We flipped that sample similarly. Clearly you got great taste haha. Your snare was crispy af!!! And the bass deep and mellow. Good shit.

Null- I want to hear someone jump on that!!! So much space for a hook, bars and you could go so many different flows on it. Really nice and unique man.

IIIII- last but in no way least. Really sick sound. Got flylo vibes I think cus the tambourines. Really skilled bounce, syncopated and groovy. I went full bobble head listening.

My votes went to Ryba and BanPan

And no biggie but did anyone vote for themselves?? I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose of two vote system but hey

Love

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:26 pm 

ryba wrote:
Strange. I see 3 voted me in comments, but only 1 really voted?

I just realized 1 of my vote goes to Southpaaw intead of you :x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:48 am 

Thanks for the votes and comments! Man, I'm digging how active it's been in the arena. I hope it stays this way for a while. Even Dibiase popped in. (I thought we were all gonna get murked!) :lol: 13 entries and 29 votes ain't bad at all. Congrats BanPan, Pogo and IIIII! Let's do it again fellas.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:55 am 

I'll let the others figure it out, I've dug up enough samples already

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:21 am 

Null Sweat wrote:
Thanks for the votes and comments! Man, I'm digging how active it's been in the arena. I hope it stays this way for a while. Even Dibiase popped in. (I thought we were all gonna get murked!) :lol: 13 entries and 29 votes ain't bad at all. Congrats BanPan, Pogo and IIIII! Let's do it again fellas.

when did dibia$e pop in??

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:27 pm 

first timer here ding ding, reminds me of the oldcshool stbb soundcloud/ stones throw forum days. Votes: 1 Ban pan, love the bounce, and 2 iiiii felt myself trippin through sludge loved it. Looking forward to the next battle..cheers :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:45 pm 

BanPan and I are cooking something up, stay tuned