It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

Post subject: How often do you bounce your beats out?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:49 am 

I have been really filling up and saving EVERYTHING that I make and just keeping it on my SD card. I've filled up every bank with a beat and just considered saving all of the fills and kinda starting over.

So how do you organize your beats? Do you make one and cook it for awhile til you are satisfied and then flip it out and get rid of the project?

Tell me your work flow for when you have a finished product!

Post subject: Re: How often do you bounce your beats out?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:44 am 

For each track I have a designated folder, where I keep everything, but I mean EVERYTHING : clean samples, fx'd samples, tracks from where the samples were chopped, Cubase / Studio one projects, alternate exports, drum only and harmony only exports - if I'm planning to use the track live, wanna have it chopped into groups for playing around, same goes for chopping into chorus /verse / bridge, but I rarely chop the track this way, I'm keen to getting there myself instead of just pushing the designated pad when the time comes (when I do the live set).
Naming these is actually the biggest problem. I tried everything. Eventually settled for things like "That snare sound you recorded at Woody's" or "Screeching door / TV background" y'know :D but it's still a bit of a bummer when I gotta find some ancient sound used so long ago I can't even remember what the track was.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:27 am 

my 303 has enough memory to work on one track at a time. finish the whole thing, save it, delete it from the 303, next track

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:19 pm 

I feel like it might be a bit of an advantage when composing on the 303 with such a limit. It forces you to make a track and then release it off in into the wild. but live sets im sure are near impossible.

I do the same thing with naming! "that one reverby snare thing"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:49 am 

john_mckale wrote:
I feel like it might be a bit of an advantage when composing on the 303 with such a limit. It forces you to make a track and then release it off in into the wild. but live sets im sure are near impossible.

I do the same thing with naming! "that one reverby snare thing"

yep live sets not possible

i use my 404SX for that! thing can hold literally like weeks of sound lmfao

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:24 pm 

When I've used the SP live, which I havent done for a while!!! is have like different parts on different pads, so pad 1 is an intro, pad 2 like a verse etc and then other pads might have little chops, vocal snippets etc, just to add to the main body of the track parts, that way you can drop in/out different parts, layers, add effects etc. In terms of saving it I would have a folder "track name" with sub folders in "main parts" and maybe another folder "one shots, talking samples", another "drum hits" etc. But i also like to keep a more "live one man band" type element, so I'll play guitar or synth or something live over the top of some of the looped parts.

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com