It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 am

Post subject: music isnt sumn to market all the mfing time
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:02 pm 

Always felt at home here with those folks creating for sake of creating, music lovers etc. For a long time it seemed necessary hanging tight to recordings since it seemed disproportionate working on projects for months/years for virtually no audience. Yearned for respect, not appreciation.
Almost certainly took it too seriously, good things only started happening once people said what i was making was trash :wink:

Anyways, when do you feel ready to release all those heaters your sitting on :?:
Especially if you use SP as standalone, no DAW

Post subject: Re: music isnt sumn to market all the mfing time
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:52 am 

Spoken like a true spambot.

Jk

If you have tons of beats, I guess its best to pick the best of the best of the litter and make a tape with them. Don't try to go 30 tracks on one tape, divide them up to multiple series of tapes. Do 12 tracks and test the waters with that.

Post subject: Re: music isnt sumn to market all the mfing time
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:02 pm 

tuffgenius wrote:
good things only started happening once people said what i was making was trash :wink:

sometimes negative reinforcement can be the most powerful thing in the world. strange. but yes, i always try to get people to criticize my music, so i can figure out ways to improve my craft!!! if everyone tells you your cooking is amazing, but it actually tastes like shit, you won't ever get better!!!

tuffgenius wrote:
Anyways, when do you feel ready to release all those heaters your sitting on :?:
Especially if you use SP as standalone, no DAW

i've been working on my "magnum opus" for the past 4 years and none of it is released. at this point, i'm pretty much doing it for myself. i'm not trying to impress anyone or blow up from it, i know it's going to completely tank in that aspect because my following has been dead for a long time. anyways, when i was more depressed, my plan was to finish the album and kill myself. "magnum opus" means someone's greatest work of all time, as an artist. now i've gotten out of that mindset (or at least i am trying to). all the beats are sampled and arranged only on sp303, only vinyl samples. so far, it's 82 minutes long and 45 tracks. ha. now i'm working on adding the last couple beats, then moving on to the adlibs.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks