It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 pm

Post subject: Tournament proposal
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 7:55 pm 

Yo SP fam
I used to be a huge Warcraft III fan, still am tbh :D - so I was wondering if you're up for a Warcraft themed SP tournament?
We'd need at least 12 contestants, split into four teams (four races obviously - orc, human, night elf and undead) - we'd be doing tracks only from source material of the selected race - I honestly think it would be a blast, since the soundtrack theme for each race is different and pretty damn good sample source for playing around.
We could stretch it - one of the reasons I'm proposing three contestants within one team - as in top two from each team would move to a second round, then the winners from each race would move to another round, so that's like semi finals, and then the top two go to finals.
So I'm guessing it's couple of months at least.
Also the contestants would have to take a role of a specific hero within the selected race, and use only his/hers quotes from the sound bank as vocals, we'd all be using the same drum samples ofc, and I'm thinking of leaving using external instruments like bass, keys or something else as optional. Possibly just one instrument for each round of the tournament.
I'm willing to host it, obtain and prepare the source material for each race, and if at least 11 of you think this could be fun, then say it right here in this post :)
Also if you have some proposal about the rules of the tournament etc - feel free to share it. The only thing I'd insist on is that the contestants use only the source material for their race and the drum samples provided. Oh and all SP and literally nothing else - meaning if you use some instrument, you gotta record it via 'external source' of the SP - I think it evens the field a lot, plus it makes it a bit harder. Possibly leaving mastering / compression of the final track via PC as optional as well.

All in all, if you're willing to participate, just leave the comment here
When we reach number 12 - if we reach number 12 - I'm hosting it.
We could try with 8 as well (2 per race that is) but that's only three rounds, and I would like to hear as much different beats from the same source material as humanly possible :)
Peace

Post subject: Re: Tournament proposal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:16 pm 

Dis sounds interestin.. somethin to do at least

Post subject: Re: Tournament proposal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:34 pm 

AhkEn wrote:
Dis sounds interestin.. somethin to do at least

Thanks man... I think it could be a blast, but we really need at least three contestants per race (so that's 12 altogether) in order for it to really get somewhere.. Dunno. It's still an open invitation to anyone interested, I'm still keen on doing it, and hosting the battle if necessary :)