Alnitak_Kid  8%  8%  [ 1 ]
YakZUU  15%  15%  [ 2 ]
R4ph431  15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Nouk  15%  15%  [ 2 ]
IIIII  31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: SPBB274 Poll
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:52 am 

Its been a long time. Missed this place. Some really nice entries this week. Took me three listens to make some decisions.

lou-e > chill lil microwave. Like the percussion sounding snare. Herky jerky Drunken boxing chops keeps it interesting. Could use a little more seasoning

gasquette> Wow cough syrup jazzy sleepwalking anthem right here. Great pace leading into your main sample funk. Really like how you fit in the keyboard fidgeting high hats with the zombie head nodder drums. Top shelf entry this week.

lif> Damn, this one grew on me after every listen. Love how you sprinkle all sorts of drum sounds as the track goes on. Super wide sappy mix. Super interesting listen throughout the track. Grimey goodness.

yakzu> Snowy vape blanket minimal mountainside Meade for polar bears. Love how the hiss tip toes in. That whale bass that comes in sounds like it could from a whale tusk. Pitched chops melody is fit for the mystery machine

alnitak kid> Damn Ill as always. Love the intro, just comes in out for blood. 2001 impala bumpage. Kinda has that hype funky chaos that that early EL P Johnny from the hospital brought. Top shelf entry. Pretty pro sounding shit.

r4ph431> Bombshelter Bluntowski bombaclot. Top shelf microwave. Drums and chops could loop infinitely til infinity and I wouldn’t be mad. Love the reversed chop at the end and SP Stylin’

iiiii> Boards of Canada meets golden age. So many awesome nuances in this. Bass is filthy. Like the found sound percussion notes. Radio tuner transitions; upper echelon sp freakage as usual. Always been a fan

nouk> nice swinging otherworldly premier ish going on. Sweeps you up then leaves you before you can ever get too close. Like Penelope Cruz in vanilla sky

I voted iiiii

Newerstuff
http://soundcloud.com/sleeps-numb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:01 am 

Thanks for the votes y'all. I'll have a new battle up soon, let's keep this momentum going

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:26 pm 

Null Sweat wrote:
Gasquette fucked my world up.

! fresh from the steps of blessed up