It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 pm

Post subject: Prices Skyrocketing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:36 pm 

hey, i want to buy a second sampler but see the prices are skyrocketing so hard since months or even years. idk if it's because of the "lo-fi beat" hype but thats my only explanation. I had a SP-404 and a SP-303 a few years ago, unfortunately I was struggling and had to sell my SP-303. If I now see the prices I want to bite myself in the ass. :cry: Supply and demand, if kids are willing to pay these prices they gonna be sold. I remember the days when you could buy a SP-202 for like what, 80€? That was a normal price. Now I see none under 200€.
even Korg Microsamplers are getting more expensive if I remember correctly.. :?: I go on ebay and type in Zoom sampletrak ST-224 and I see one for 250 and one for 325€ wow.

Idk what I even want to achieve with this thread, I doubt someone has a special tip which sampler isnt "hype $$$ infested"...
But for broke bitches like us this trend is sad to see, even though it was kinda predictable

One thing I tried out what was affordable and seemed cool in combination with a SP-404 was the Microsampler PO-33 KO, tried it out a few days but idk I just couldn't get into it.

Post subject: Re: Prices Skyrocketing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:55 pm 

Peep the Yamaha SU series dawg.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:24 pm 

Older MPCs go for a pretty good price usually. At least, where I live. Also, a mk1 Octatrack can be bought for as little as 650€. I saw an SX go for 300€ about a week ago, which is pretty fair as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:40 pm 

CAPTAIN SPACE KARATE wrote:
Peep the Yamaha SU series dawg.

Had the yamaha su10 years ago and it was pretty sweet but the su200 looks even more interesting thanks for that one

@aadu3k Yeah MPC500 may be an option, it's cheaper than SP404s where I looked now
mk1 Octatrack may be dope but it's out of my price range :?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:41 am 

Jellyfish wrote:
One thing I tried out what was affordable and seemed cool in combination with a SP-404 was the Microsampler PO-33 KO, tried it out a few days but idk I just couldn't get into it.

Still I think that if there was a way to link two ones and have their audio out tracked the possibilities would be endless. It forces you to work like with an old sampler. You must think breaks first before you move forward. Also the way it can be backed up put you in some Madlib frenzy. That time he sent those CDs holding hundreds of beats to Stonethrow.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:21 pm 

I think that's the Japanese market on ebay/Amazon/Reverb lately. They got plenty of parts & plenty of the original synths/samplers out there. So they expect you to pay a bit more than they should be worth, and a bunch more on their expensive shipping. (Oh we'll send you a SP202, but we need $80 in shipping to the US).

It's hard to argue that you can sorta find old school gear out there, but then you gotta pay the inflated prices. Because it's supply & demand. Nature of the beast.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:34 am 

Gabanoise_Records wrote:
Jellyfish wrote:

Still I think that if there was a way to link two ones and have their audio out tracked the possibilities would be endless. It forces you to work like with an old sampler. You must think breaks first before you move forward. Also the way it can be backed up put you in some Madlib frenzy. That time he sent those CDs holding hundreds of beats to Stonethrow.
Word, the machine is pretty fun, liked the sequencer and all that pitch stuff. But the UI is very frustrating imo, I like limitation but that thing was just too small for me

Headphones wrote:
I think that's the Japanese market on ebay/Amazon/Reverb lately. They got plenty of parts & plenty of the original synths/samplers out there. So they expect you to pay a bit more than they should be worth, and a bunch more on their expensive shipping. (Oh we'll send you a SP202, but we need $80 in shipping to the US).

It's hard to argue that you can sorta find old school gear out there, but then you gotta pay the inflated prices. Because it's supply & demand. Nature of the beast.

Am I understanding correctly you are living in Japan and / or are japanese? Never heard of that reverb site thanks for the rec, I know of craigslist but it's useless for me as I'm from Germany

Well I bought a Kalimba now, like the sound and you can sample crazy or beautiful stuff with that little instrument :)
When when I have Money I'll look for a MPC, SP-202 if I find a cheap one or a SP303..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 am 

aadu3k wrote:
Older MPCs go for a pretty good price usually. At least, where I live. Also, a mk1 Octatrack can be bought for as little as 650€. I saw an SX go for 300€ about a week ago, which is pretty fair as well.

Just bought one for 570€! It's an amazing sampler, so glad I got it.