It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:53 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:28 pm 

that's true Doc, but any sampler i own wouldn't stay in mint condition for long :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:35 pm 
303 Award Winner '09

True but those original ones are like a bimmer or a benz 'cause you can just replace the parts and it will last forever. They sell everything to fully restore those machine 'cause I've done it to the one I used to own.

I would be interested to know how hard it is to get replacement pads and such for my sp-303.

Post subject: that new MP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:29 pm 

I was looking around on (that forum dedicated to MPCs) and it was mildly entertaining- yet a bit scary- I hope it doesn't happen on THIS fine forum.
But there were posts about the new MPC that were CLEARLY written by Akai surrogates .... Like:

Mr. Beat Guy

(insert big 'ol paragraph on how the new MPC is the bees kness, blah, blah- sounding like copy for the Sweetwater catalog, yet posing as 'just one of the guys')

Now the other users were pointing out that this was an insulting attempt at viral marketing- and what you had is a bunch of vicious back & forths, accusations, and speculations on whether or not you could use the new MPC to find Osama Bin Laden or if the synth sounded like a Jenna Haze orgasm. Taken lightly I could only be amused- and hoped these posters were also spending time making some music.

That's really cool that Mike hopped on here, had the decency to announce himself, and is actually helpful.. as opposed to (that other site dedicated to MPCs) which has dumb pop up ads , and everybody trying to $ell their MPC Bibles or whatever- and a bunch of rich dudes posting pictures of their pristine 4Ks .. it really makes me appreciate this board way more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:47 pm 
404 Award Winner '09 + Beat of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09

yep thats the mpc forums for ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:34 am 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

I think it's a problem you easily run into when a forum starts to grow that big, here everything is still nice and cozy if you know what I mean. There's literally no hate on here, even the sometimes negative comments towards Akai are all meant seriously you know and not for the sake of hating on the 'others'.

I think there's too much wannabes-but-never-gonna-bes over there ruining the whole forum because they got frustrated or something or just hate for loosing an argument over nothing. I'm not saying that there aren't wannabes on here (hell, I'm probably one of them, depending on how you'd look at it), but on here everybody just helps eachother out in peace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:24 am 

I'd like to see some examples of actual music made by a real person using the 5000. I'm sure it kicks a hella lotta arse - peeps telling us how good it is would do well to SHOW us!! :roll: No hate; just a request 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:41 am 
303 Award Winner '09

It'd be cool to see it compared to the Linn Drum II side by side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:04 am 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Cosign on the request by 606man there, I'd like to see more of it in action too. So far the movies about people using the built in synth for example did not at all impress me mucho.