It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 am

Post subject: og 404 firmware 1.05 update
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:21 pm 

does anyone know what this update does?

does it alter the sound of the 404 in anyway?

Post subject: Re: og 404 firmware 1.05 update
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:13 am 

What's funny is i just figured this out today i haven't done the update yet but i was having a problem with resampling and knob3 whenever i would turn the knob to increase the fx output it would edit the sample volume instead which sucked it would even show a number value for the volume so the Roland support site says the updates fixes some resample and display issues i downloaded the update but i don't have a card reader so i am lost for the moment

Something else to think about is this resample bug actually is Easier than the subsonic mute trick or replicating ADSR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:53 pm 

YAKUL wrote:
What's funny is i just figured this out today i haven't done the update yet but i was having a problem with resampling and knob3 whenever i would turn the knob to increase the fx output it would edit the sample volume instead which sucked it would even show a number value for the volume so the Roland support site says the updates fixes some resample and display issues i downloaded the update but i don't have a card reader so i am lost for the moment

Something else to think about is this resample bug actually is Easier than the subsonic mute trick or replicating ADSR

I updated my 404 to fix the resample problem. Update only takes a minute once you get a card reader. There's nothing to it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:08 pm 

Good to know !! I am waiting on a card reader myself i am having memory card problems can't wait to get ultimately frustrated with that shit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:47 am 

updating runs the risk of ruining your 404 and having to send it to Roland. like myself at this moment. be careful.

UPDATE: they told me how to fix it now its all gravy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:56 pm 

1.05 is available on the japanese Roland site but for some reason not on the english
https://www.roland.com/jp/support/by_product/sp-404/updates_drivers/

I've converted the .sit archive to a .zip
Attachment:
SP404_105.zip [480.28 KiB]
Downloaded 490 times

The CRC32 checksums of the firmware files are
9390f0f0 SP404_105/DCOAPL.BIN
b4c6d57d SP404_105/DCOAPL2.BIN

:!:
Please be careful updating especially if it can cause an issue as the user above suggested. So far I haven't tested the update for myself.
Please leave a comment if you upgraded.

Below is the translated changelog and update instructions.

Last edited by syflom on Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm 

The changelog (Google) translated from Japanese is as such

Changes
Quote:

[Ver.1.05] [Ver.1.04] [Ver.1.02]
[GATE] / [LOOP] / [REVERSE] will be effective for Sample of Protected Bank while Resampling is in standby.
Fixed a bug that does not display an error even if Truncate can not execute due to insufficient memory.
Corrected Send / Return Mode display to "S.on" "S.oF" correctly when [PATTERN SELECT], [START / END / LEVEL], and [TIME / BPM] are lit Did.
When exporting sample of specific condition in WAV format, audio file having a length shorter than the actual playing time was sometimes created.
Added adjustment function of digital level (internal processing level).
Method of operation Hold down the [CANCEL] button and hold down the [START / END / LEVEL] button, turn the "CTRL 3 / MFX" knob.
Setting value -3 dB, 0 dB, 3 dB, 6 dB, 9 dB, 12 dB * When power is turned on, it is always set to 0 dB.
When you select MFX with the "CTRL 3 / MFX" knob while holding down the [MFX] button, you can check MFX change even when the pad lights up.
MFX value can be changed with "CTRL 3 / MFX" knob during resampling.
Fixed that the setting of MIDI synchronous mode returns to the factory default state when inserting a memory card.
Even when samples sampled with "LO - FI" were exported as audio files, the LO - FI feeling similar to that generated on the main unit was correctly reproduced.
Corrected so that "Prt" indicating that protection was properly displayed when trying to erase the protected pattern.
Fixed a problem that useless bars were added in playback when using real time erase a lot when creating a pattern.

Update Procedure
Quote:
Follow the procedure below to install the decompressed system program to SP - 404.
Make the computer and card reader / writer usable.
Insert the memory card into the card reader / writer.
Copy the update files "DCOAPL.BIN" and "DCOAPL2.BIN" in the unzipped folder to the root of the memory card (top level).
Remove the memory card from the memory card reader / writer by the following method.

[Safely Remove Memory Card]
[When using Windows]
Disconnect (stop) connection with the card reader / writer by removing the device displayed in the task bar at the bottom right of the screen. Then, remove the memory card from the card reader / writer.
Turn off the power of SP - 404.
Insert the memory card created above into the card slot of the SP - 404.
When you turn on the SP - 404, the update will start automatically. (The PAD lights up sequentially while updating, and the processing time is counted down on the display.)
The update is completed when the display display becomes "000". (Processing time about 30 seconds).
Turn off the power of the SP - 404 and remove the memory card.
Please check that SP-404 is the latest version after turning on / off the power again.

【Caution】Be sure to delete
the copied "DCOAPL.BIN" file and "DCOAPL2.BIN" file when using the memory card used for the update with SP - 404 normally . If you insert it into SP - 404 without erasing it will be updated every time SP - 404 starts up.

Attachment:
SP-404 1.05 changelog translated.pdf [1.76 MiB]
Downloaded 490 times

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:40 pm 

Hello i know that the post is old but i am thinking of updating my sp, is it worth it? Are there really any risks of ruin it? The current firmware of my sp is 1.03

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:37 pm 

Kacabtz wrote:
Hello i know that the post is old but i am thinking of updating my sp, is it worth it? Are there really any risks of ruin it? The current firmware of my sp is 1.03

If you leave your machine alone while updating, it should be alright.
Dunno why only roland jp has 1.05 on their site. I installed it years ago, and don't have any problems.