It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:34 am

Post subject: USB latency issue
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:22 am 

Hello all. Just found this site and really wish I had found it a few years back when I first bought my SP606. There's a wealth of information here. Big thanks to all contributors.

So I'm using my 606 as a sound card for my dual core 2.4Ghz PC that has 2G of RAM. Thanks to this site I am now able to trigger MIDI instruments in in Ableton using the pads on the 606.

My 606 is only connected to the PC via USB, not MIDI cable. My speakers are connected to the outs on the 606.

Problem is I have a very large latency issue when triggering sounds in Ableton. I think there's even a latency in the recording of MIDI data and not just the monitoring of the sound.

I'd love to hear any suggestions anyone has on how to fix this.

Is this a USB issue?

Should I get a sound card with a MIDI interface and connect via MIDI? If so which do you recommend? Unfortunately money is an issue.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Post subject: Re: USB latency issue
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:33 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

It's most likely a driver issue and related to using your Ableton DAW in combination with your SP-606.

If you download and try the free Reaper program, you could see if it has that problem too. Just to rule out any software related stuff.

I'd have to say though, I had almost zero latency issues at all. Especially in P606. Did you try that?

I remember with my sp-555 I had major latency issues in I think it was Sonar. Totally useless, but my SP-555 worked fine with other DAWs.

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox