It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:45 am

Post subject: Recording/ Backing up Patterns to Memory Cards
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 am 

What up y'all,

Is it possible to backup all the patterns saved on the SP into a memory card and then sample new sounds and make new patterns using a new memory card. The intent is to keep all of my existing patterns saved on the 1st memory card and then be able to create new sounds and patterns on the SP with a new card. Then if i needed to I could put in the old memory card and load up my old patterns. Is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated i've been in a little rut and i need to start making beats again. i want to start making new beats but i don't want to lose my old ones.

Again, any help is much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 am 

i cant say that i think thats entirely possible. you can back up sounds but the reclaimming of patterns need to be tested by making some shyt patterns and testing it yourself. i personally broke away from the pack rat mentality when i discovered external hard drives. and if u sample from records 9/ 10 if your just starting youll remember what u samoled due its freshness.

so take a stab and enlighten us

http://soundcloud.com/spforumspodcast/podcast-q/s-6qvGJ
[email protected]
http://www.twitter.com/dirtykics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:19 am 

word, good lookin out mang. i'll dabble a little bit and figure it out.

anybody else with some insight in this area?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:22 am 

Here's a similar thread that might help you out...

viewtopic.php?t=2759

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:29 am 

cool thanks man, i should have seen that post before. it sort of answered my question. It seems copying patterns to a memory card, removing said memory card and making new patterns on a new memory card, while still having the original patterns on the original memory card will work...

ps- my boy from the east coast, moved out to missoula a couple years ago and he really digs it there, said it's a cool town surrounded by sick scenery. thanks for your help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:10 am 

marlobeats wrote:
my boy from the east coast, moved out to missoula a couple years ago and he really digs it there, said it's a cool town surrounded by sick scenery. thanks for your help

Best place on earth man, and ya, I think your all good as far as having all your ish saved, but I'm about to try it for the first time myself, so let me know how it goes. I would definitely recommend trying to back it up via USB before you try it though. Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:31 pm 

alright y'all i tried it last night and it worked. i just tested it with a junk beat. i backed up every pattern to the memory card then went back and deleted the junk beat. then i loaded the memory card and the junk beat came back.
So this works and now i have a new memory card and fresh canvas to work with. time to get inspired and create. thanks all for your input.