It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

Post subject: Questions about the SP-505
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:35 pm 

Hey.

So I gather you can't go in and out of sampling mode while the sequencer is playing. Can you program new patterns though without stopping the sequencer?

How well does the 505 sync to external midi clock sources? My Zoom SampleTrak can't sync for shit.

Finally, will sample loops automatically follow along the tempo if I slow/speed up the external clock? Is it a matter of setting the sample playback mode or do I have to route it through a time stretch effect?

Sorry last one. How do you all deal with no tune/pitch control?? One of the best things to do with samples is pitch them way way down to get weird murky textures

Post subject: Re: Questions about the SP-505
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:52 pm 

So I gather you can't go in and out of sampling mode while the sequencer is playing. Can you program new patterns though without stopping the sequencer?
no

How well does the 505 sync to external midi clock sources? My Zoom SampleTrak can't sync for shit.
normally, it works well. BTW, what's wrong with the st224 (i got one)?i sync it with some machines

Finally, will sample loops automatically follow along the tempo if I slow/speed up the external clock? Is it a matter of setting the sample playback mode or do I have to route it through a time stretch effect?
never tried that; but maybe if the loop is on phrase mode and it's sequenced, then this should follows the external gear tempo

Sorry last one. How do you all deal with no tune/pitch control?? One of the best things to do with samples is pitch them way way down to get weird murky textures
that's one of the great misses on the sps...only the 202 and the 808 got this feature, but the 505 has this strange pitch function that is unique

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:09 am 

Hi ellaguru! I've seen you on the SampleTrak forums!

ellaguru wrote:

normally, it works well. BTW, what's wrong with the st224 (i got one)?i sync it with some machines

Songs/sequences on the ST-224 will fall out of sync within a few bars when slaved, so I always have to trigger the songs every few bars

I'm hoping to use the SP-505 for longer samples and loops (tops, beats, rhythmic loops), so hopefully it wont fall out of sync like the ST-224s. I still plan on using my ST-224s for one shots and fx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:50 pm 

SP Curious wrote:
Hi ellaguru! I've seen you on the SampleTrak forums!

mad respect man!: ) was you on it? what was your name?

SP Curious wrote:
Songs/sequences on the ST-224 will fall out of sync within a few bars when slaved, so I always have to trigger the songs every few bars

that's strange; are you sure you do the same process as for live st224 sequencing? i mean, just try to keep pushing play/stop+loop/mark before the external seq starts and see if it works

SP Curious wrote:
I'm hoping to use the SP-505 for longer samples and loops (tops, beats, rhythmic loops), so hopefully it wont fall out of sync like the ST-224s. I still plan on using my ST-224s for one shots and fx

midi sync is ok on the 505, don't worry ; )

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:39 pm 

Not to intergect rudly here and get off topic but would either of yall be able to send me the preset data from your boxes? I lost my preset data durig and OS upgrade and currently have a sb(brick) 505