It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:04 am

Post subject: Staying Organized...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:44 am 

3rd post.. the 505 section is slow, and I got questions :D

.. what methods do you use to stay organized on this machine? I find some of the main problems I have with the 505 is that I can't seem to stay organized. Aside from having to remember where you put samples.

I made the fatal error when I got this machine, to think that, I could copy samples and put them in other banks and delete the original sample, and think that the song would still play normally... wrong... so wrong.

Also if you have an idea mid-way through a project it's hard to go back and change something without rearranging an entire song.

what about resampling? How do you use this function? I mean how do YOU use this function.

discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:05 am 
Funniest Member of the Year '09

i usually keep small samples.

kicks snare ss hats ect ect . in the user bank,

then put larger samples, in the card bank and just work down,

doesnt take long to fill up, wipe , and do it all over again :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:13 am 

well i just formatted my card... figured I would start fresh there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:20 pm 

For resampling,just peep Olby's tutorials on Youtube and he really explain it very well and you'll grasp it really fast especially if you have your 505 nearby...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:16 pm 
MV Award Winner '09

my method of 505 sample management was that i created library of my favorite drum samples (sampled of wax) and saved them into all internal sample banks. thus when i was creating a beat i always had my drums in the sampler even when i have formatted the card. so i sampled the shit and put it on the card and sequenced beats with the drums from the internal memory. if i wanted to change the sample i just copied it to the card and modified using resample (to stack up many samples or change quality). so when the card got full i just copied it all to my pc (a backup) then formatted and had a clean setup with my fav drums in place.

WARNING! Just remember to back up your drums from internal memory because if you lost them (memory corruption or sumethin') or change/overwrite them all your beats will be fucked up (the drum parts).

it takes some time to get into it but after i mastered it i was able to get this baby playing at it best.

regards,
olby