It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:01 pm

Post subject: Sp404MKii DJ MODE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:36 pm 

saw a video come up of the dj mode being used and its made me think has this feature been completely forgotten about and neglected by the community? people still play sets like its an old sp, i haven't seen anything on social media of someone using it, so...

Is this feature underestimated?
Did the changing and growing userbase of the 404 go in a direction that goes away from being a dj as well as just making music?
Is this feature necessary for this machine (i think its sick)?
Should we see more of it(I think we should)?

whats your take on it, could a different feature have been added instead of dj mode? lets hear it

Post subject: Re: Sp404MKii DJ MODE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:46 pm 

I recently thought about using the dj-mode this way:

1. Create a beat, like i usually do
2. Perform that beat, record it to a pad.
3. Export that beat to sd

Then go back to 1. After a few weeks there should be a few nice beats on the sd, waiting to get loaded into dj-mode in a live gig.

But: when i perform the beat (step 2) and record this to a pad i often use live efx like stutter, stopper, etc..so what should i do, when i load the beat to dj-mode, when the performance is already baked in? If all effects are usable in dj-mode, too i could do the performance live and had to export them without live efx to sd-card. But that is not that practical for me. When the beat is for a spbb for example. And more important: the performance efx often give a specific vibe or groove to my beat, is elemental for it's drive...
Idk, maybe i should give it a try and record my beats 2 times to a pad, one with performance, one without...