It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A DREAM SYNTH
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:22 am 

Jaytreaze wrote:
joins sp forums, doesn’t like sps, sends back sp, probably won’t ever use an sp. Lol

And the cherry on top = his/hers name is SPUSER

https://soundcloud.com/spliffsoldier
https://rickjones757.bandcamp.com/

757 2up2down

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:28 am 

Danswift wrote:
I actually went into a music store and inspected my new Gretsch before I purchased it lol ...you honestly don't think I'd shell out 800 quid for a guitar I'd never seen before do you ?.. :lol:

Actually yes, I thought you had. I seem to recall you saying it had to be shipped from America or something. Either that or this forum has finally taken its toll on me and I've gone crazy for real!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:08 pm 

spliffsoldier wrote:
And the cherry on top = his/hers name is SPUSER

Bruh, you only posted that cause you're curious if I'm male or female and whether that's me in my avatar. So just in case you was hoping to get laid or summat, no, it's not me.

That's Yutte Stensgaard, the hot blonde from the Hammer movie "Lust For A Vampire".

She be havin' an orgasm in this scene, just don't tell anyone 'bout it, it can be our little secret.

Attachments:
Lust_For_A_Vampire.jpg
Lust_For_A_Vampire.jpg [ 187.61 KiB | Viewed 20589 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:40 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
I haven't made any "racist" remarks. My comments about China are related to them being a nation of sheeple who are now paying the ultimate price for being sheeple.

Racist or not this is still harmful rhetoric. You’re taking info from an autonomous regime that will deliberately paint the nation that way and suppress the voices of the vast many that are trying to change. This is then regurgitated from an even further perspective of the outlets you’re getting your opinion from. You’re probably 3 conceptions of reality away from the truth of living there.

What about all those who have died to protect Hong Kong, all those who are political prisoners, the suicide rates, the ever growing percentage of young people beginning to dismantle the work ethos and never ending career ladder that’s killing their motivation? These alone suggests that maybe they’re not a nation of sheeple, and even if they are… do you think they have the political freedom to do so? It’s quite out of touch, distasteful, and ignorant to regard a whole nation as sheeple when you live in a nation that A. Let’s you say these things and B. Is on the other side of the political spectrum.

Anyways, staying back on track with SPs, it’s either let’s keep this forum somewhat sp related or stop cluttering the forum lol

ps, fair enough with the OCD and seller lying etc, that’s all reasonable and understandable

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:05 pm 

LMFAO, and why do you think those innocent people died for doing the right thing?

They were, in effect, murdered by the laid-back ignorance of the sheeple that are completely under the influence of the very people they were protecting their country and freedoms from!

My rhetoric is the opposite of "harmful":

- What's "harmful" is being silent about it.
- What's "harmful" is doing nothing to combat it.

This is why there's a constant agenda to make people believe that they're "racist" or "conspiracy theorists". Look around you and no matter where you look, all you will see in the street are indoctrinated sheeple with their head in their phone, completely under the influence and control of the WEF, and having no clue as to what is coming for them due to their lack of respect for privacy and freedom.

Millions of people are going to die as they attempt to shift us all globally into the same rapidly-evolving Chinese perpetual slavery regime that engulfs China (that's what this shit is all about dude).

There was a bloke in Aldi the other week, he was in line before me at the checkout. He whipped out his phone, switched the camera on and looked into it using the screen as a mirror so that he could run his fingers through his hair, worried that perhaps a strand of hair might have moved out of place or something.

Fucking white-shorts wearing, Air-Pod weilding posh cunt.

It is truly vomit-inducing to think that these pathetic excuses for human beings are in a position to do that, while people in other countries are being blown to fucking pieces due to the activities and collaborations of the WEF-serving corporations that make the very phones that the pathetic, vain pieces of shit like him are using and supporting.

So no offence bruh, but when you develop enough of a concience to stop using the services of Amazon, Facebook and all the other WEF-serving bullshit you support, then feel free to have a go at lecturing me on this stuff. Amazon basically serve the same role for our governments that Allibaba did for the Chinese govenment.

The Chinese government eventually succeeded in enslaving the largest population on earth, and they managed to do so with considerably less effective technology than they have at their disposal today, so be warned!

This tried and tested model is now being used to enslave the rest of the world.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:34 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
They were, in effect, murdered by the laid-back ignorance of the sheeple that are completely under the influence of the very people they were protecting their country and freedoms from!

i dont think its ignorance if its explicitly illegal to talk about it or even make comedic images of their leader. I dont think people in China who would at face appear laid back to you are exactly that... probably more that theyll go missing and brushed under the rug? why dont you get into contact with people in that situation and use the words you use and see how that goes? i come from a family who were also victims of a very violent, mass murderous dictatorship which only ended recently so i do speak with insight.

i find it interesting how you would look at someone born in China, a blank slate of human character, then defined by the environment theyre in growing up which is autonomous and suppressive, and then say HA theyre the villainous sheeple!!!!! nah theyre victims.

you seem to take for granted youre even able to use any internet provider of your choice to say all this when in China you don't even have the liberty of what outlet you want to use to express yourself. Instead of talking for ages on this forum about your ideas go do something about it instead.

would you go to an alcoholics anonymous meeting and self diagnose that youre suffering and struggling because you have a few pints a week with your friends infront of people facing seeerious issues? that would just be ill informed and ignorant. so why behave like that when it comes to different people facing way worse dilemmas than urs lol like even posting a meme gets some people imprisoned and missing in China. the point is unless you lived it, you will never know, so these theatrics you keep coming up with come off as super shitty and self entitled.

yes talking about issues will help but holy shit youre talking about it in an spforum and then throw in some ABBA fetish shit on the side with an extra serving of whatever woman you saw in a movie and obsess over... WITHOUT EVEN POSTING ANY SP SHIT!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: so idk who tf youre helping out

Anyways, this is a topic for a different time and place. will you ever pick up an sp again? if not, out of pure curiosity, why do you stay here?

ps. this forum runs off .php, a hypertext processer whos developers run off .net... which is owned by verisign... which are closely linked and part of the whole formation of the UN's Internet Governance Forum... and the ICAAN which oversees things are complying with U.S. law... so from everything you stand for being on this forum seems to support another group of people you hate so why stay lol... see how I can just string together shit (that is factual shit) that has some sort of link to eachother and then make a massive moral accusation? that all you do in these rants, string stuff together and end with Im good youre Bad im Right youre Wrong :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:15 pm 

Un-fucking believable :shock:

Bruh, you don't understand. The ONLY reason that Chinese citizens now live in a dictatorship is BECAUSE they behaved like sheeple in the past. They behaved EXACTLY the same way the rest of the world is now behaving right now, they sat on their backsides as a nation of sheeple and allowed the ever-increasing surveilance to be installed instead of going out in their masses and tearing that shit down!

Sure, there are people born now who had nothing to do with that sheeple behaviour, so pehaps you had better heed this as a warning so that you do not become one of those responsible for our own enslavement by making the same mistake they did.

If you spent as much time using your "Facebook" account in an attempt to bring it down and warn people about what is going on, that would be much more productive than attacking people who are taking measures to warn the poor sheeple of what is coming if they do not wake up (AND WAKE UP FUCKING FAST).

You are behaving EXACTLY how THEY want you to behave, it is the very response behaviour they've been brain-washing into the public for decades now, but you cannot see this simply BECAUSE you are brain-washed.

And finally, what you need to understand (and what the Chinese sheeple obviously didn't) is that ...

WHEN FACED WITH TYRANNY THERE IS NO LONGER A LAW TO ABIDE BY. TYRANNY IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE OPTION FOR ANY HUMAN BEING TO LIVE BY, SO AT THAT POINT IT BECOMES A MATTER OF SURVIVAL, A MATTER OF US AGAINST THEM.

IT BECOMES EVERYONE'S MORAL DUTY TO FIGHT AND WIN!

So start stocking-up on non-perishable foods if you know what's good for you. I just returned again from the shops with two carrier bags filled almost to splitting point with non-perishable foods. I'm going out every other day doing that, have been for some time now and won't be stopping until I have (at least) two years worth of supply tucked away. I know exactly what is coming even if you don't.

Oh and yes, I do have a fetish for retro women, so at least you got that part right :lol:

To be perfectly honest I think looking at retro women is just about the only enjoyment I get out of life these days. Everything else (especially society) seems to have turned to abuse, corruption and absolute shit and it is all because of decades of manipulation and abuse orchestrated by the WEF and its members!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:31 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:
Anyways, this is a topic for a different time and place. will you ever pick up an sp again? if not, out of pure curiosity, why do you stay here?

Who the fuck knows bruh? I suppose I like you bunch of freaks although fuck knows why considering how horrible you are to me sometimes, often needing a fucking good kick up the arse, especially you and Danswift!!!

My level of anger over the state of the MKII is a very real thing though, and although I want to buy another one (and still do plan to buy one regardless) I really wish they would sort it out because it is absolutely fucking appalling in its current state.

Believe it or not my anger isn't really aimed at the team who worked on it despite my harsh and angry words (well not purely them anyway). I know the way corporations work and often the teams that get to work on specific products are fighting with upper management to get things that are often not delivered to them. So there's noting can be done about the physical mistakes but at least the software mistakes can be fixed and I really hope they do so because seriously, that business with the Bus Selection and having to lock the bloody screen all the time in order to use the effects without it disappearing is just too much.

I seriously doubt they'll fix the effects issues though. I reckon it will never get a Touch Wah, you'll never be able to resample through one, you'll never see note sync on the effect LFOs nor will they ever remove that "Input Effects" restriction and allow you to resample through them.

Roland pull that crap with effects often, so I saw that one coming!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:53 pm 

yo...this guy is a lunatic :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:05 pm 

Jollyollyman wrote:
yo...this guy is a lunatic :lol: :lol:

What can I say, I guess using the MKII for a whole month has taken its toll. And I haven't seen you before, prolly an old timer who's returned just to sniff around my hot avatar!

That aside, I wish Arturia would hurry-up with those bloody manuals. I've been checking the website fours times a day since I ordered one. Makes me wonder if they still have not finalised even the launch spec and are adding more stuff to it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:48 am 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
SP-USER wrote:

That aside, I wish Arturia would hurry-up with those bloody manuals. I've been checking the website fours times a day since I ordered one. Makes me wonder if they still have not finalised even the launch spec and are adding more stuff to it.

Yeah it's not quite ready yet mate ...I've heard a rumour that Arturias engineers and development people are working around the clock ,24 hours a day with teams in split shifts...

The reason they're doing this is because Arturia didn't want to disappoint you personally- but they also know you'll inevitably be returning their product around 4 weeks or so after you receive it through the mail without trying one out beforehand in an actual music store first....

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:53 pm 

Obvs I have some sympathy with SP-User. Waaaaay too many times and waaaaay too regularly have I GASsed for a bit of equipment that entered my conscious, been sure it's the answer to my prayers, had it on my mind for days and days, read all there is to read and watched countless vids...but then you get it and all it can take is for one thing to be off or not how you expected and you completely bum out on it and want to sell it straight on. And it may not even be something 'wrong' that'll stop you from doing what you want to do with it, functionally, and can be something silly - but it's too late, you've bummed out on it and there's no going back. Sometimes you don't even want to use it once it arrives, coz you're afraid it'll break the spell, lolz, like a 'dream is better than reality' thing. It's a mental thing, something on the ASD spectrum. I recognise now that the whole GAS obsession thing usually happens when I'm depressed and need something to focus on.

Saying all that, I totally get why everyone's so perplexed by Mr User. Well, the name when having only owned an SP for two (?) brief periods of time thing I put down to being an ASD thing (coz you go all in). But, indeed, there's no one else on here that talks so much about music and gear and yet appears to produce nowt, so I get why everyone's like "Que?".

I think he's in love with the *idea* of making music. And, again, I have sympathy. I was obvs relatively musically productive with school bands and then bands and I did a one-man band 'beats and guitar/effects' thing in the early-mid 00s but after that point it became more about the gear and chasing the "perfect" set-up (probs coz my disposable income went up, lolz). I would imagine the music I wanted to make and think about it all the time and the instruments and gear I'd "need" to make/record it but, again, once I'd assembled it all (and I would have to wait until the whole set-up was assembled before I even tried), I was too "afraid" to actually try to make anything and break the spell coz I didn't want to find out that I wasn't capable of making the music in my head. It was nicer just to have the fancy vintage gear and dream...so I'd constantly swap around and chase stuff and find fault as a means of procrastination. It wasn't until I got the SP1200 in 2018, with its über limitations (IMPORTANT!), that I was 'unlocked' and shit started to flow again (after 12 wasted years!). Years before, I chose to get a MPC2kxl over an SP1200 coz I *thought* I needed stereo, 32mb ram, internal effects etc etc etc...but the SP, with its mono-only 4x2.5 seconds, was the machine for me after all, after wasting years of doing fuck all with the MPC. And that's the main point - you don't need a piece that can do everything you *think* you need it to do. You just need the desire to make tuneage and the *right* machine for you. And, now I've learnt that lesson, I have the most stripped-down set-up I have in decades and yet I feel totes inspired.
And take the SP303. I'd previously rejected one twice - first time coz I didn't think the effects were all that and the second (Feb this year, lolz) because of its sequencing limitations compared to previous machines. But, I fancied one again for whatever reason, got one and this time something's 'clicked', coz I just got stuck in with it. (That can also happen in reverse - the first time I got an Amiga, I was shitting tunes. The 2nd time, nada.)

In conclusion...Stop thinking about SPECS...and start making AURAL SEX! You've got two tape 4-tracks - you could do ALL KINDS of shit with those with just an 80s Casio keyboard and a MIDIverb.

Ain't tryna be nasty at all. I, for one, am glad that he's here with his mad waffley posts (potkettleblacklolz), SP or not. I just wish, for him, that he'd stop thinking and start doing. Shit or get off the pot, like.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:52 pm 

Danswift wrote:
Yeah it's not quite ready yet mate ...I've heard a rumour that Arturias engineers and development people are working around the clock ,24 hours a day with teams in split shifts...

The reason they're doing this is because Arturia didn't want to disappoint you personally ...

Perhaps they've seen the way I lay into Roland :lol:

Anyway mate, cool to hear you have connections to these peeps and can get this sort of info. Speaking of which, I saw that video with Sébastien Rochard and was wondering if you could ask him what type of Coffee he drank before making that video, cause whatever it was, I'd like to sample a few jars of it myself!

I know the MiniFreak is awesome and all but I still reckon there was some fancy "Special Blend" French Coffee consumed before that video was made, and I'd love to know what it's called!

He seems like a friendly, chilled sorta dude so he'll prolly share that info with you!

See the SECOND video on this page:
https://www.arturia.com/products/hardwa ... /resources

Run Of The Hind wrote:
In conclusion...Stop thinking about SPECS...and start making AURAL SEX! You've got two tape 4-tracks - you could do ALL KINDS of shit with those with just an 80s Casio keyboard and a MIDIverb.

Ain't tryna be nasty at all. I, for one, am glad that he's here with his mad waffley posts (potkettleblacklolz), SP or not. I just wish, for him, that he'd stop thinking and start doing. Shit or get off the pot, like.

Thanks for the kind words mate, and likewise, I love your waffle posts :lol:

Funny you should mention using the 4-Tracks though, cause I keep meaning to get them out, just to see if I could do something using only the RoAT connected to them. Only reason I haven't is cause I'm just too distracted at trying to get my main rig together so that I can get on and hopefully knuckle-down to some tracks.

It's not only audio gear I'm looking at though. I don't really talk about it here but I am also secretly looking for my ideal camera as well. I already have the full perpetual licence of DaVinci Resolve Studio and still no bloody camera to enjoy it. So what I've been doing between posting on here is downloading footage from various models of camera that have been uploaded to YouTube etc, and I've been processing it in Resolve using my own processing techniques to see which cameras allow me to fake real film the best (and it's often surprising which cameras do and which do not).

So that's really another thing I've been obsessing over cause I'm absoultely obsessed with the look of film and the process of simulating it correctly so that I can use it on my own stuff (and I totally intend to shoot an indie). I've got to get a pocketable camera that gives the right sort of aesthetic for processing, and they are not cheap, they cost a bloody fortune!

Last edited by SP-USER on Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:11 pm 

You'll never find the ideal ANYTHING. Find something you LOVE...and USE IT, flaws/limitations and all!!!

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:33 pm 

Run Of The Hind wrote:
You'll never find the ideal ANYTHING. Find something you LOVE...and USE IT, flaws/limitations and all!!!

You’ll find this is exactly the line of thought almost anyone ever interviewed abt using the sp says, the limitations inspire:)

And it also feels really cool when you find a small trick that feels like only you discovered when working away around a flaw or limitation haha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next