It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

Post subject: Mastering help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:36 am 

Edit: *SOLVED*

Got a first small project of abt 11 tracks (run time of 20ish min) that im looking to get mastered but I have no clue where to go/who to ask and need help. Anyone got any leads on mastering 404 stuff or anyone in here with experience in mastering?

Last edited by Jaytreaze on Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mastering help
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:11 am 

Not sure where you live but I found almost a dozen studios offering the service in biking distance of me. I would use someone local if you can

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:36 am 

Also you can look to the post below this

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:32 pm 

hey man, my bad for not being active but i got it all sorted, thanks for the reply :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:48 am 

Hey Jay, what about your mastering solution?

I like mastering with the sp-family. I often record my beats/tracks to a pad and then use the mk2 or 2 sps in series for eq + comp efx. In the daw i finally add a limiter then.

Sometimes i do it all in the DAW i use vsts made by toneboosters and softube then.

When i' ve produced an ep or a whole album - like you did - i used to master with t-racks, a mastering tool by ik multimedia, because you can equal volume and loudness of all your tracks easily and you have a nice "before/after" - button.

But my masterchain is always basic, just eq, comp, limiter. I've ruined two well mixed album by overmastering it - so there has to be some caution in mastering self-produced music.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:33 pm 

TGN wrote:

I like mastering with the sp-family. I often record my beats/tracks to a pad and then use the mk2 or 2 sps in series for eq + comp efx. In the daw i finally add a limiter then.

Sometimes i do it all in the DAW i use vsts made by toneboosters and softube then.

When i' ve produced an ep or a whole album - like you did - i used to master with t-racks, a mastering tool by ik multimedia, because you can equal volume and loudness of all your tracks easily and you have a nice "before/after" - button.

But my masterchain is always basic, just eq, comp, limiter. I've ruined two well mixed album by overmastering it - so there has to be some caution in mastering self-produced music.

hey bro, I do have a very simple mastering chain in ableton with stock plugins plus some external plugins but I reached out to someone who managed to make it sound the way I had in mind, just wasn't able to figure it out myself haha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:33 pm 

TGN wrote:

hey bro, I do have a very simple mastering chain in ableton with stock plugins plus some external plugins but I reached out to someone who managed to make it sound the way I had in mind, just wasn't able to figure it out myself haha

I also anaged to get the track5 comprexxor for free on a promo they did but never used it really haha

And i agree, when mastering your own music maybe you feel like its never enough so you just overdo it:(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:11 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:

Looking forward to your upcoming stuff. :)
How to you find your mastering guy? www?