It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

Post subject: Re: A Musical Genre I've Fallen in Love With:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:42 pm 

zindan wrote:
SP-USER wrote:
Looking forward to that album though, sounds interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z5gB1Xuhfo

Well, where is your album?

Don't get me wrong, I do like it but I'm not even aware of the name used to describe the practice of what you did here. You've basically taken a Japanese artist's City Pop track, put it though some dynamics and overdubbed a beat.

Surely a lot of fun, but what is the practice known as?
I honestly don't know.

It's technically not remastering, it's technically not remixing either (or maybe it is).
What is it, or in other words, on what skill would I be expected to judge it if I had to?

And isn't and "Album" supposed to have more than one track?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:58 am 

lmfao this geriatric low-functioning ASD fool with twice the OCD i have never ceases to entertain :lol: really goes so far as to pretend he doesn't understand english two days after describing how to forge a roland sp-808ex out of dust and marmoset semen :lol: :lol: :lol:

then again maybe it's 100% genuine and he really believed that a jazz fusion piece from 1968 was a modern hip hop beat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunch of disturbingly pathetic neurodivergent cretins making up the handful of regularly active users remaining on sp-forums in 2022 [edit: at least there are still a few decent and even wholesome people left, including a couple newjacks that show a lot of promising skill]

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

Last edited by zindan on Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:17 am 

hey "SP-USER," why did the chicken cross the road?

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:38 pm 

So that's three perfectly normal, perfectly civilised questions aimed at you so far in this thread and you've not been able to answer any of them.

You're just jealous and I know why :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:34 pm 

Well, I see you chose to ignore the three questions and decided to troll two other threads instead.
Might as well take this opportunity to bring you in line over your comments here.

zindan wrote:
lmfao this geriatric low-functioning ASD fool with twice the OCD i have never ceases to entertain :lol:

As pointed out before, I'm not old. I'm in my fourties FFS, and because I'm neither a drinker nor a smoker, I look like I'm in my early to mid thirties. I'm not the one balding at 21 either btw, you are, so I'm guessing I look younger than you do!

You are taking my love of music and movies from the 70s and 80s far too literally. The reason I listen to and watch that stuff is because, as I'm sure the vast majority of the population would agree, the music and movies that were made back then were far superior to the agenda-fuelled, talentless shit that is being put out there these days!

The women back then literally oozed sex appeal, they would walk the street and it would be dripping from them!

So figure it out, dumb-ass, the clues are all there, so if the Rover SD1 Vitesse was my dream car as a drooling teenager in the 80s, and that beast was released in 1985, that must surely mean that since I was as a teenager at the time, I was also at least thirteen years old at the time. Actually I think it might have been just before I entered my teens, but either way,
even the dumbest of dumb would still be able to work out that it would be impossible for me to have reached even middle-aged status, nevermind the "Old Fuck" status you often label us with here (as if wisdom and life experience is a bad thing anyway).

You're just jealous, you're jealous cause we got to experience the 80s for real whereas all you can do is dream what it was like compared to now. And it's true I assure you, we had it a heck of a lot better than you do. Everything was better back then, the gear, the values people had, the way women looked and behaved, the music, the movies, the cars, the liberation, the freedom, everything.

zindan wrote:
then again maybe it's 100% genuine and he really believed that a jazz fusion piece from 1968 was a modern hip hop beat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where do you get these things from, you retarded little blob of radioactive sperm? I neither thought (or said) that it was a "Modern Hip-Hop Beat". I merely pointed out why I liked it, and I'm quite sure I'll enjoy the two albums he pointed out too, and for the same reason. Haven't listened to them yet since my ears are only just starting to fully clear today after the flu I had, but I will indeed listen to them.

zindan wrote:
bunch of disturbingly pathetic neurodivergent cretins ...

Bruh, I live in Blackpool, there are all sorts of 'characters' here, including me!

I'm the most wholesome character of all, but very soon you're in for a rather interesting insight into life here since I'd like to promote something Blackpool-related. I've decided to dedicate a thread to it, and that thread will contain footage you are well advised to watch if you want to understand why characters like myself are like we are, so watch out for it ... coming soon ...

The thread will be called "Blackpool: Desire and Depravity" :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:22 pm 

Man, what a bummer, it seems the album (as per the original thread subject) was never made available on Vinyl, only CD. All of the tracks are available on Vinyl, but it would mean buying each of the albums they're originally taken from and man, the prices of those things!

I'll just pick-up the CD instead then, and record it to cassette for some analogue sweetness!