It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 pm

Post subject: Re: Mystery New CASIO - 20th January 2022
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:21 pm 

That’s why Casio flooded the market with all these cheap kid keyboards with built in speakers, patterns, and very little effects or ways to change or (god forbid) create custom patterns. Not Casio. You get whatever’s crammed inside. But what probably costs $80 to make they sell for $3-500 on every Amazon or toy shop, and since every kid one day asks their parents “I wanna learn keyboards, will you buy me one?”. Most parents will refuse to buy a Korg, Roland or Yamaha, but they’ll see Casio & whip out their credit card. And Casio USED to put out professional synths & a drum machine or two. But they just got stuck in the kid market. Granted, they never went out of business, but they didn’t innovate a decent synth that didn’t come without pre programmed sounds/patterns.

So here we are, they made these hush hush until last week, and already they suck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:00 pm 

maybe one day behringher will remake also a cz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:48 am 

Perhaps? But not too sure if Casio could pull the breaks on Behringer’s warpath of copying their products??

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:46 am 

I get why peeps think CASIO make shit keyboards, but seriously, their home keyboards blow Yamaha out of the water. Compare the CASIO WK-7600 for example to the YAMAHA EW-310 which were in direct competition with each other at the time.

Download the user manuals for both those products and you'll see just how sophisticated the CASIO gear is campared to what YAMAHA give you for the same price. The YAMAHA is a 76-Key box of presets while the CASIO is a full-on arranger with a full accompaniment style editor on board and even some sound editing thrown in for good measure.

So I agree they are putting out shit keyboards, but that's a recent thing. Like I said, I won't even touch the CT-X5000, and that's because they thought it acceptable to leave-out tweaking knobs on a flagship arranger, and remove custom sample loading.

Their stupidity will cost them dearly, and so will the limitations of these new releases they have hyped-up so much. The only thing those new keyboards have going for them are the nice keybeds and the AiX soundset (which is very nice). The rest of it is a complete waste of time, and the Volca Synthesis side of it will become a brick as soon as CASIO stop updating the app, or Apple or Google break it.

Synthtopia need to get their article edited too, and fast, beacause that link you posted on the previous page suggests "50 user-programmable rhythms", when in fact the rhythms are not user programmable. All you can do is load user rhythms into it via the USB.