It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

Post subject: Art thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:37 am 

Let’s have a consistent thread of ppl uploading shit like album covers they made (for themselves and others), graffiti, everything :)

Post subject: Re: Art thread
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:16 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:23 pm 

Sampler I been working on since July. Details soon in a future thread. Circuit is my very own recipe so its my baby. I will tell you it has Pitch/Speed and sample frequencies go from 11kHz to 22kHz.

Attachments:
20210830_004736_800x659.jpg
20210830_004736_800x659.jpg [ 399.63 KiB | Viewed 2999 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:37 pm 

Looks interesting bro, what project is it based off, or did you do it from scratch?
By "own recipe" do you mean circuit layout or all of it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:43 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Looks interesting bro, what project is it based off, or did you do it from scratch?

I saw LonerShy on youtube building a DIY sampler using little recording modules. I been making my own pedals based on old 1960's circuits so I thought I try to build a DIY sampler myself. I bought the modules in an attempt to copy Lonershy and it came with a little schematic. After a few days studying it I realize the modules are just overkill and Lonershy was cutting corners. So I ripped out the IC chips and built my own circuit around them.

I made it Line In and Line Out, former was mic level via electret mic and speaker out. 3 pitch/speed knobs, each varying in different ranges. Built a mixer inside to compensate for polyphony, which is 3 samples at the same time. Each channel has volume, gain, gate, loop and one-shot. Total sampling time is 27 seconds.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:50 pm 

SP-USER wrote:

I saw LonerShy on youtube building a DIY sampler using little recording modules. I been making my own pedals based on old 1960's circuits so I thought I try to build a DIY sampler myself. I bought the modules in an attempt to copy Lonershy and it came with a little schematic. After a few days studying it I realize the modules are just overkill and Lonershy was cutting corners. So I ripped out the IC chips and built my own circuit around them.

I made it Line In and Line Out, former was mic level via electret mic and speaker out. 3 pitch/speed knobs, each varying in different ranges. Built a mixer inside to compensate for polyphony, which is 3 samples at the same time. Each channel has volume, gain, gate, loop and one-shot. Total sampling time is 27 seconds.

Oh, almost forgot, ext source is a switch.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:22 pm 

Sounds very cool, I assume you mean those ISD chips or the like, and I really hope you demonstrate it on your YouTube channel with a direct out recording when you finish it!

Either way, looking forward to your thread about it, I love stuff like that. Since you've tackled the ISD successfully, another chip you might like is called the PT2399 which is a very popular and versatile Bucket Brigade delay chip that could easily be incorperated into your design. There must be hundreds of examples online for it as well. You could fit a switch so that you could sample the delay also, or use it as a Delay FX processor for the input. The sound is basically Korg Monotron Delay, same sort of thing - would sound seriously dirty with your ISD-based project (I'm just assuming it's ISD-based).

Anyway, really cool stuff there homie 8)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:40 am 

First one was a hand cut collage i done in the first lockdown :)
Attachment:
forum1.jpg
forum1.jpg [ 426.56 KiB | Viewed 2933 times ]

this one was from a project i never released. the guy playing the 404 was a pic of me, had to collage in a pic of my 404 and done some doodles for head and arms. the background was a tile i found, threw on some paint and wires and used photoshop to merge the two etc :)
Attachment:
forum3.jpg
forum3.jpg [ 492.37 KiB | Viewed 2933 times ]

And this was a hand cut collage with photoshop added for the CD shit etc for the homie Snick Foley (check him out, got another to show but got to wait before I can :) )
Attachment:
forum2.jpg
forum2.jpg [ 385.55 KiB | Viewed 2933 times ]

I guess the collaging shares the same mindset as sampling does with beats haha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:47 am 

Arty-looking stuff, Jaytreaze, very nice 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:28 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Sounds very cool, I assume you mean those ISD chips or the like, and I really hope you demonstrate it on your YouTube channel with a direct out recording when you finish it!

Either way, looking forward to your thread about it, I love stuff like that. Since you've tackled the ISD successfully, another chip you might like is called the PT2399 which is a very popular and versatile Bucket Brigade delay chip that could easily be incorperated into your design. There must be hundreds of examples online for it as well. You could fit a switch so that you could sample the delay also, or use it as a Delay FX processor for the input. The sound is basically Korg Monotron Delay, same sort of thing - would sound seriously dirty with your ISD-based project (I'm just assuming it's ISD-based).

Anyway, really cool stuff there homie 8)

Just noticed this. Work has been extra busy due to holidays.

Thanks SP-User! Yes, I'm using ISD1820 chips and thats only because I was using the schematic of the module as a guide to create my own. But if I had known better, I'd choose the ISD1700s which has more options as a true sampler like forward and rewind, wider pitch range, memory banks etc. The PT2399 I have look into when I found the 1700, that too is just as good but I don't think my fingers can handle all those pins, these 1820 chips are pretty basic with 14 pins and you can build a loop pedal with them. You can mod them for distortion effects, wobble and lower than lofi pitching. They are getting popular due to Lonershy's vid.

There is a schematic in making a delay pedal using LED lights and diodes, pretty simple. Saw it on youtube from India. Those guys are very inventive with everyday items, its amazing. Even made a vibrato pedal with flashing LEDs. Something new to me, but I love diy ideas on the cheap.

To keep the spirit of the thread, here is a peak at my next album cover that I drew back in June but when I got word of the MK2, I put it on hold. Will be out by 2022 after a 4 year hiatus.

Attachments:
20211129_205927_600x772.jpg
20211129_205927_600x772.jpg [ 392.66 KiB | Viewed 2862 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:26 pm 

The PT2399 is just a basic 16-Pin DIP, dead easy to handle, but anyway that's some seriously cool looking artwork bro, there's clearly some very talented people on this forum in a visually artistic sense as well as an audible one!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:44 pm 

Made this about five years ago haha about the time I bought PT-01 scratch, and was starting to get hyped about the thing
Photo is more for some grind-death band, but at the time I thought it was a good pun :mrgreen:

Attachments:
PSX_20211203_164038.jpg
PSX_20211203_164038.jpg [ 180.62 KiB | Viewed 2746 times ]