It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:11 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let’s talk music
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:41 am 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
^^^^^
Edgelord.

Anyway ...Heres how the rules of Hip Hop were rewritten way back when from the real Rap revolutionaries...

Public Enemy 'Hazy Shade Of Criminal '

https://youtu.be/l030pm_wuZ0

Public Enemy 'Welcome To The Terrordome'

https://youtu.be/m5t7n-EeE1o

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:43 am 

fine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:27 am 

Danswift wrote:
^^^^^
Edgelord.

Got it in one, damn right I'm playing the "Edgelord" bruh, it's an attempt to coerce you dick-endowed chicks into posting something with true, controversial conviction for once!

That "Hazy Shade Of Criminal" track you just posted, I reckon that was the best 'Hip-Hop' track you posted so far. It doesn't fit what I'm getting at even in the slightest, but it's a good track because at least the artist performing it appears to have a genuine interest in the subject matter he is rapping about.

You can respond by calling me an "Edgelord" but from some of the musically related comments you make I get the impression that you're actually quite an accomplished musician. And if you are then you MUST know that the best music out there is AWAYS music that comes from the heart!

Artists who sing or rap about stuff they really have no interest in is largely why most of the stuff out there is boring vanilla garbage.

When Necro raps about his chosen subject matter, it's VERY clear he couldn't give a flying fuck about how politically incorrect it is. There's no point rapping about controversial subjects unless you have both a genuine interest in the subject matter and are prepared to be frank about it in your lyrics with NOTHING out of bounds.

That's what Necro does and is why his records are thoroughly enjoyable masterpieces in their subject matter. I don't think I've ever heard a disappointing album from him, he seems to go at it like a psycho without a conscience and that's exactly what he should do with such subject matter, because it's perfectly fitting of what it is.

He's currently the only Hip-Hop artist out there I am prepared to part with cash to purchase for vinyl. It's raw and controversial, produced and presented with a true passion for the subject matter, even the artwork for those albums are dope!

So you might think well ok then, if the Public Enemy track was cool then why am I dismissing it in comparison to the sort of track that Necro produces? Well the answer to that is very simple; it is because the subject matter being rapped about by Public Enemy is about as controversial as having peanut butter on toast and forgetting to lay down some standard butter first.

If she were still alive, I could play that Public Enemy track in the car while taking my nana out shopping, and she wouldn't bat an eyelid. If she'd been subjected to a track by Necro though, I'd have likely got some pretty strange looks!

So that's the difference bruh, the subject matter of Public Enemy is not controversial enough. That track could be played over a supermarket loudspeaker and people would just hear it as vanilla Hip-Hop. In contrast, can you imagine hearing Necro letting rip over the speakers of a supermarket while doing your shopping?

Exaclty, it's never going to happen because people be like ...

"Hey, did he just say what I thought he said?"
"Yeah he just said it again, quick, call the police!"

So in short bruh, if it's not something the woke brigade would love to see you put on a watch list for, then you can almost guarantee it's vanilla! Now more than ever it's important to recognise artists who truly, genuinely sing and rap about controversial subjects and DO NOT allow political correctness to get in their way in ANY way, shape or form!

So the "Edgelord" awaits a more fitting set of links, and rembering the reason your previous suggestion failed to impress, if you're hesitant to link to them at least mention some non-vanilla artists I could check-out and research myself.

ellaguru wrote:
fine

Bruh, you are my retro-movie/retro-music advisory homie on here, and I just want you to know that even if you confirm "chick with dick" status by failing to provid me a non-vanilla link, I will not hold it against you.

Yours Truly,
SP-USER in edgelord mode :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:49 am 

Damn, maybe do some digging into the history and see where public enemy falls on the timeline combined with what they rapped about and how they made it,, calling them soft is bad taste

I’m pretty sure rapping about American Racism, media corruption, corporate agenda, economic inequality, during the late 80s onwards is not an entirely easy thing to do and you can’t deny that they’re important topic matters

Unless you want a track talking about lizards ruling the WEF and idk mark Zuckerberg and some coronavirus in there too then idk where the fuck ur gunna find that, it probably is out there but as some micro niche

If you’re not hearing what you want, maybe do some digging and research the archeology of hip hop and it might make more sense to you why hip hop is hip hop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:57 am 

After listening to this Necro guy you’re talking about I see it lol. Just another dad pissed that he can’t talk shit on Facebook so he grabbed a free to use boombap beat and listened to Eminem rap god on loop to work out what schemes he should use. The guys pulling wool over ur eyes “underground hip hop boom bap anthem music rap hit east coast rap” the guy just wants views for that sweet YouTube ad juice. This is like that corny Tom Macdonald shit all over again… these are the same people who cry about cancel culture that get pissed off at music critics like Anthony Fantano, for example, giving an opinion that doesn’t align with theirs…

Last edited by Jaytreaze on Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:00 pm 

FLOL.

Public Enemy getting played in a supermarket ?

That's actually pretty hilarious.

Seriously though you obviously have no idea of the body of work P.E. have produced over the years so I'd suggest that you do a little research and actually listen to their records in chronological order.

And also those 2 tracks I posted had absolutely nothing to do with anyone asking for links to tracks which may contain controversial subject matter .
They were posted for the simple reason that Public Enemy make dope,thought provoking and powerful music ...which is the whole point of the thread itself .

Last edited by Danswift on Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:02 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:
After listening to this Necro guy you’re talking about I see it lol. Just another dad pissed that he can’t talk shit on Facebook so he grabbed a free to use boombap beat and listened to Eminem rap god on loop to work out what schemes he should use. The guys pulling wool over ur eyes “underground hip hop boom bap anthem music rap hit east coast rap” the guy just wants views for that sweet YouTube ad juice. This is like that corny Tom Macdonald shit all over again.

Yep.

You nailed it Jaytreaze .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:03 pm 

Thankyou Dan I’d like to have this thread dedicated to more sharing of music but it’s kind of off putting seeing a brick wall of shit talk about lizards and mark Zuckerberg so I can see why people don’t share much anymore :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:08 pm 

Jaytreaze, there you go again, that's typical social media-influenced discourse coming from you and it's not how things work in the real world.

In the real world and in actual face-to-face situations a person is expected to be able to stand their ground with their statments and opinions, and back-up what they say.

You just dismissed one of the few rappers out there who genuinely does show conviction in the way he portrays highly controversial subject matter, and it's not just the subject matter, it's the unrelenting, raw way it's portrayed that makes his albums thoroughly enjoyable, he exploits artistic licence to the max, he really lets rip!

I couldn't give a flying fuck about the commercial side of things. What he does to generate an interest in his work is not related to what I'm talking about here. He's obviously going to take as many opportunities as he can to generate an income from his work, be it on YouTube or wherever else, and so he should. Good for him since he obviously faces the same struggles every other artist out there faces (more so in his case because of the controversial subject matter which I'm amazed has even lasted on 'Censor Central' YouTube).

So I'm sorry bruh, but you cannot make statements like that without backing them up with something harder hitting. You don't have to like what Necro produces or even Necro himself, but when I hold him up as a bar for you to raise, then you either need to raise that bar by providing a link, or admit defeat.

So in a nutshell, show me a Hip-Hop artist who tackles such controversial subject matter as Necro does, and does so with the same sort of raw, unrelenting mentality.

- Show me = Great, that's what I want you to do!
- Fail to show me = My suspicions are valid and you is chicks with dicks!

And Danswift, come on bruh, you know very well that was your social media-inspired way of dealing with the fact that you cannot provide a link to an artist who raises that bar!

This discussion is a perfect example of why forums with "Like" and "Dislike" buttons are poison. The fact of the matter is that in this discussion both yourself and Jaytreaze would have thumbed-down my posts by now regardless of the fact that what I'm saying is in fact perfectly valid. The problem of course it that the down-votes would represent nothing other than the fact that you cannon prove me wrong, so the fact that I'm right would mean wrongful represented by those down-votes.

Such is the idea behind the society-poisoning "Like" system, it was designed to train society into behaving as sheep, because it's easier to "Like" or "Dislike" something than it is to have to explain yourself.

There's no "Dislike" button on here for anyone to press, so instead you handled the situation in the same social media-influenced manner by agreeing with the nonsense Jaytreaze just posted, without actually backing it up with any form of validity. So the same goes for you bruh; show me (if you can). If you cannot then of course that is fine too!

At this point I think it's fair to say that referring to me as an edgelord is quite an amusing juxtaposition. I'm not the one showing myself to have a completely vanilla mind-set though being unable to accomodate the request.

This is why I said the other day, I'll have to start joining some Dark Web communities, like-minded people and all that. Surface-web forums these days seem to be almost completely occupied by the politically correct, which makes sense I suppose due to the amount of censorship that is tolerated.

It's enough to bore a person into to slitting their fucking wrist!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:16 pm 

What u say can be valid but I can still dislike and disagree with the basis of what I like hip hop for is the craft, artswork, skill and talent, and not using hip hop with no give-back to the community as a Trojan horse to express fringe ideologies with ppl in lizard masks dancing around. I’m in this forum because I like to share music, make music, and connect with people on that basis with similar understandings of what hip hop and beats are, you seem to be here to just rant. So feel free to join a different forum. This isn’t an ideology recruitment forum, it’s simply music

Anyways, back to the program, let’s stick to sharing music
Here’s a junt from Memphis TN https://youtu.be/C1S7iBjbaAg been looping this one lately, enjoy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:12 pm 

Well that was quite bitchy-sounding Jaytreaze, but I do like you better when you get angry, it makes a change from the cringe-worthy pussy-footing way you normally respond. If you keep it up I might even have to buy you a male manicure set for Christmas, my dear!

As for Cuntberg, well funny enough the only video that crosses my mind whenever I hear about how many more people have died because of him and his society-poisoning bullshit, is this one:

DISCRETION ADVISED:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MFMze2L4II

Can you believe it though, people still support Cuntberg by visiting and promoting his websites? No shit, there are actually people out there who still support this plastic-faced prick, and are so full of themselves they don't even feel like they need to warn others about him!

As for being welcome to join another forum, yeah I'll be joining quite a few of 'em bruh :lol:

They'll all be Dark Web commuinities though, not wasting my time joining any more surface-web communities. I'm a memeber of this one and believe me that's more than enough 'surface-web' for me, lol.

By the way I never saw Danswift's other post before making my last one, I only saw the one-liner post so I'll reply later. I'm looking at sampler videos right now and just cannot be bothered.

Bruh ... :mrgreen:

Well anyway ladies, will see you again later, prolly after tea tonight so don't forget to make yourselves presentable. Comb your hair, sure, put on a spot of lipstick and do your fingernails, fine, just don't powder your nipples again!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:51 pm 

Oh ..the irony of a dude who posts Abba tracks and gushes their panties about how wonderful that inane,plastic, nursery rhyming garbage sounds telling people they have vanilla tastes in music ... :lol:

You're a walking talking bag of contradictions man.

And yes, you're also most definitely on the wrong forum ..and if you want the kind of subject matter that I believe you do I highly doubt you'll find it here .

An Edgelord?

Yeah,that is exactly what you are ..the term suits you perfectly,a custom fit if you will.
You've proved that here on the SP Forums already,time and time again.
You'd also be much more suited to the activities within the dark web so fill your boots son .

See you on the Silk Road..

Hopefully we won't be reading about you in the news or seeing your sketchy mugshot on our TV sets one day soon for all the wrong reasons .

It's utterly hilarious that you're on SP Forums, that your handle is SP-User but you don't actually own a SP of any description, make any SP related or any other music... zilch...a big nothing...it's all elephant talk .
And before you start telling me about the 404 MK 2 you'll be eventually getting I'll give you less than a month before you decide it's going back lol.

Meantime, if you want some musical nihilism with your Corn Flakes I'd suggest you go on YouTube and listen to the first couple of N.W.A. albums,then maybe some tracks from The Gheto Boys for a nice,good old fashioned unhealthy slice of misogyny, mindless violence, psychotic experiences,anti authoritarian behavior and wanton drug abuse.
That should suit you just fine in fact...smoke a blunt and relax, at the very least it might even stop you ranting for an hour or so about Mark Zuckerberg and the lizards or moronically insulting the LGBTQ community in a music sharing thread .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:07 pm 

Been reading the Dilla time book, crazy how much was going on inbetween these slum village releases, so here’s the Fan-Tas-Tic volumes :) peace every1

https://youtu.be/dWs10qHi0HI

https://youtu.be/UD-Y50DPanI

Which of the two is you guys favourites? And speaking of Dilla production,
Here’s the video to drop which I still can’t get over how it was filmed backwards effortlessly https://youtu.be/wqVsfGQ_1SU

And here’s a final one when it comes to producers involved in group efforts :)
https://youtu.be/rRxdyftPVeo Love this shit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:08 pm 

https://youtu.be/bfD_G-nu6sM

This is a must watch documentary about and made by stones throw records btw guys, check it out for sure

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:47 pm 

Hang on, the page-end approaches and I don't want my super-important post dissappearing after a few seconds, so see next page!

Oooh, the anticipation, eh ladies? :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 311 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 21  Next