It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:26 pm 

I've never seen this page until today. Was looking up info on the MK2 and found this forum and your childish/self centered babblings!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:54 pm 

Behold…..Don’t ask me any questions either. I only saw the pic.

Attachments:
1FA5E858-BDB2-40BC-89DA-7900270B4E80.png
1FA5E858-BDB2-40BC-89DA-7900270B4E80.png [ 1.79 MiB | Viewed 73529 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:45 pm 

robotsnake wrote:
I've never seen this page until today. Was looking up info on the MK2 and found this forum and your childish/self centered babblings!

Well it just goes to show how lucky you can get then, doesn't it :lol:

It looks as if my "childish ramblings" were spot-on regards my display suspicions. So tell me, now that we've established I was right about the display, and that you're obsessed enough with me to have a pop at me about a "childish rambling" that happened to be spot-on, where do you go from here in terms of trolling?

You're either a troll or a shill from Roland, but either way ... :roll:

Headphones wrote:
Behold…..Don’t ask me any questions either. I only saw the pic.

Don't like the display at all, but it looks very nice otherwise. It'll be interesting to see if it still suffers any of the original's shortcomings though. Not being negative, I like it other than the display, but nothing surprises me with the bullshit manufacturers pull these days.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:15 pm 

Sorry to say this, but I just noticed quite an epic design flaw, two in fact :shock:

Those pads look opaque to me, and even if the text is back lit, I think such a small area of the pad being lit might get annoying. Another indication that the designer has no clue about the product's target user-base is that the most commonly used effects are not assigned to the front effects quick-selection buttons. Correct me if I'm wrong but "Vinyl Sim" and "Reverb" are far more commonly used by 404 beat makers than "Resonator" is.

Absolutely fucking clueless they are, although I still do like the overall look of it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:21 pm 

The screen I can live with. Would be majorly disappointed if there were less fx. If there’s more, I’m good. Other than that, I hear there’s FINALLY a USB port. Something everybody needed years ago. But it’s nice to know it should be dead easy to drag/drop the samples.

I have not heard how it sounds however. That’s got to be paramount. If it’s sounds more clean/pristine than the 404 mk1/SX/A (I only own a mk1), it’s not a deal breaker for me. But I’m sure there’s an effect that can easily downgrade your samples if you want to make people think you made it on a SP202/303?

Pricing: no idea, but they better price this UNDER the MPC One, or a new buyer might just decide on the MPC One. It’s insanity to charge $800 for this, and Roland better not say “Well, we had to price it that high due to a Microchip shortage….”. That will anger most of their fanbase right there.

Is it what we waited 8 years for? I’m hoping. But don’t know just yet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:38 pm 

Just noticed something else as well, no SD Card symbol could mean no SD Card slot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:20 pm 

Wow, potential issues aside, I think I just spotted something VERY cool!!!

If you look closely there's an option called "Envelope", and it's written below a button called "Pitch/Speed". If that suggests what I think it suggests then not only are we able to finally speed-up and slow-down samples, but also drive the pitch by an "Envelope". If you drive pitch by an envelope, in effect, you get to make custom "Tape Stop" and even "Tape Start" effects.

I could be getting over-excited, but basically that's what those effects are - envelope-driven pitch!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:43 pm 

Bigger, better, faster, stronger.

The SP-404MKII has everything people love about its predecessor—with some serious upgrades like 17 ultra-expressive pads and updated knobs for smooth, hands-on control. And beatmaking is even quicker with speedy boot time, swift project loading and sample import, and easy project access via 16 GB of internal storage. Longtime users and new beatmakers alike will feel right at home with the intuitive layout and classic SP effects, plus a revamped sampling and sequencing workflow, Skip Back Sampling for quick performance capture, DJ mode to mix beats live, and more.

Guerilla beatmaking.

People who make music with SP samplers love the rapid workflow, portability, and tactile approach they offer. The SP-404MKII takes this experience even further, retaining the lightweight-yet-rugged design while adding features that make it even easier to create in any scenario. Bang out beats anywhere with AA or mobile battery power, capture audio from or stream direct to your mobile device via USB, or collaborate with a partner using the dual Headphones outputs and mic/guitar input.

A sampler with soul.

With the SP404MKII’s vivid OLED screen and zoomable waveform view, sample editing is smooth like butter. Chop up samples by tapping out edit points in real time, or use auto chop to slice samples automatically. Then finesse them with envelope and pitch shift, and use the new resampling workflow to re-record patterns and effects layers for detailed sound design. And with Skip Back Sampling, you can instantly grab those golden moments by capturing up to 25 seconds of audio from your last performance.

All about effects.

Process, flip, and twist your sounds with legendary SP effects and a selection of new classics. SP staples like Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper are now joined with powerful additions that include Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator, and Resonator. Layer and route multiple simultaneous bus effects for intricate sound textures, or plug into the mic/guitar input and jam with ready-to-go Vocoder, Auto Pitch, and Guitar Amp Simulator effects.

Performance-tuned sequencing.

The SP-404MKII gives you the flexibility to create patterns with unique feel and energy. There’s adjustable input quantize and shuffle for custom swing, Pad Link for firing off multiple samples with a single tap, a Roll button for variable note repeat, and BPM-per-bank for instant tempo changes. It’s also possible to organize patterns for different sets and chain them together to automate playback. With your hands freed up, you can stretch out on the SP effects controls or let rip on your favorite synth.

Sound stash.

Dive into beatmaking with the pre-loaded sounds in the SP-404MKII’s blazing-fast 16 GB of internal memory. There’s a huge collection of curated samples to choose from and plenty of room to augment them with your private sound stash. And you can now load even more sounds at once, with 160 samples across each project for expanded performance and beatmaking combinations.

Break beats. Not banks.

You shouldn’t need to take out a bank loan to make beats or produce tracks. The SP-404MKII is more powerful and more affordable than ever, making it easy to add its rapid workflow and characteristic sound to your existing setup. And with all it can do, the SP-404MKII may be the only piece you need for production and performance.

Customize it.

You work hard to be a unique artist—so why play on cookie-cutter gear that looks like everyone else’s? Personalize your SP-404MKII with your own style or branding for a look that’s as distinctive as your sound. Grab the faceplate template to create custom overlays, style your startup screen with personalized logos, or select a screensaver that matches your vibe.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:45 pm 

Well done, Roland, that looks and sounds very nice actually 8)
Bit pissed-off about the lack of an SD Card slot though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:58 pm 

This is definitely the SP I always wanted.

Btw, that leak came from SamAsh, the Elektronauts had a thread but was taken down but thats where that pic is from.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:00 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Wow, potential issues aside, I think I just spotted something VERY cool!!!

If you look closely there's an option called "Envelope", and it's written below a button called "Pitch/Speed". If that suggests what I think it suggests then not only are we able to finally speed-up and slow-down samples, but also drive the pitch by an "Envelope". If you drive pitch by an envelope, in effect, you get to make custom "Tape Stop" and even "Tape Start" effects.

I could be getting over-excited, but basically that's what those effects are - envelope-driven pitch!

Definitely! It does have a full blown DJ Mode, so you could be right.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:22 am 

Would be damn cool, that's for sure!

I'm baffled regards the pads though, cause looking at it even closer they don't look as if they light up at all. The text on the pads actuallly looks printed on, not transparent back-lit. If the pads don't light at all, there must be a major change in the way it works.

Very odd, cause otherwise how would you know which pads are free and which are selected etc?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:34 am 

It'll light up through the numbers, the 404A is like that too. Must be a trend among the manufacturers because the MPCs and the S2400 have black pads but light up around the pad's frame.

You know what is SUPER DOPE? That it can also sample via USB not only computers but mobile phones. Thats mega big for me because most stuff I got on my androids... I never had a laptop :oops: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:56 am 

I read from the screenshots that were taken down that "External SD Card (sold separately) was listed under the specs.

I also noticed there seems to be no built in mic. not sure how much that will be missed but wanted to point it out nevertheless.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:43 am 

what up mothafuccas!

long time, long time.
I been on another planet for a minute, lol

this new mkii shit looks alright. I'll def cop it.
it will be great to work with ipad and whatnot.

BUT, idk about all this dj stuff. that seems a bit lame to me. I mean who's gonna use that and how?

Also, hope the screen looks better than i'm imagining it will. i mean, waveform on that little thing, meh, we'll see.

jah, for better or worse yall probably gonna be seeing more of me from now on.
be light!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 37  Next