It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:08 pm 

TGN wrote:
I don't know what to do. In the end i simply wait for greens epic battle or when the 404mk2 is in stock everywhere.

Personally I was just gonna wait until the retailers caught up with demand cause I didn't want to pre-order. In the end though I pre-ordered after Ill Green mentioned a future price hike, so for me it was a choice between risking a pre-order or waiting much longer for it and potentially being conned through a price hike as well.

I chose to risk it even on my shitty close to non-existent income, so unless you want to face a longer wait and a potential price increase, maybe you should risk it too bro!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:26 pm 

Just watched a short article about China (Poking the Panda), and it got me wondering, so are the chips Roland are using in the MKII made in Japan then?

If not, it's beginning to look as if once stock-piles run dry, no one else will be getting a MKII because they'll not be able to make them. I feel like Japan is one of our biggest hope, cause if they don't start tooling-up and making silicone there instead of depending on China, I can honestly see this 'Chinese Dictator' bullshit efficting our lives in very serious ways in the not so distant future!

And by that, I mean even more serious than never getting a 404MKII :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:54 am 

TGN wrote:
Jaytreaze wrote:
I think they’re German but on reverb.com there’s like four MK2’s in stock from this guy at a reasonable price if anyone is interested

https://reverb.com/uk/p/roland-sp-404mkii

December 15 shipping date + return policy so

I had a call today with the german shop who offers these units through reverb. It is "pro music tools" from munich. The guy does not know if the units will really arrive at 15th of dec. And he did not know how many mk2s they will actually receive... and a lot of people preordered...so did u, jaytreaze?

I don't know what to do. In the end i simply wait for greens epic battle or when the 404mk2 is in stock everywhere.

I don’t think I’ll be ordering for a while truthfully, was just putting it out incase it was useful for anyone :) I think I want some other gear and synths first then see how I feel :) would love an MK2 but money haha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:09 am 

I just got word from the seller, they looking at Nov. 29th but no set stone writing yet. They just posted a January date yesterday. I'll keep yall updated on it. @TGN:I got you in mind, don't worry. In the meantime, I can plan something.

Nov. 19th was the official MK2 release date in Japan, and also the day they updated it to 1.13.

I can imagine that was the delay, Roland holding back shipment to upload the new OS before release. When it arrives, I'll check what OS I have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:40 pm 

Ill Green wrote:
... and also the day they updated it to 1.13.

Can't find any videos about this update :?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:44 pm 

They added the Feature of turning velocity off for a pad and minor bug fixes i read somewhere on twitter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:30 pm 

Ah right, cheers, I was hoping they'd added a Touch-Wah!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:50 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Ill Green wrote:
... and also the day they updated it to 1.13.

Can't find any videos about this update :?

Nonjuror was the 1st to make note of the update on his latest video he dropped on Thursday. He also mentions that in Vinyl mode, pitch can be switched to chromatic. Other than that, if he didn't mention it, I would be oblivious to the update. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:14 pm 

https://www.roland.com/fr/support/by_product/sp-404mk2/updates_drivers/74e09d4f-b7c3-4e2e-af1c-33a5e2eaf79c/
i've found this:)
SP-404MKII SYSTEM PROGRAM ( VER.1.13 )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm 

Thankyou both, I haven't watched any 404MKII videos for over a week now, been too busy looking at Wavestate and OPSIX videos.

Sounds like a handy update and I was suprised to read how much has already been added since the beta-testers got theirs. Still no bloody Touch-Wah though, man, what an absolute bummer, I hope they add one. I'm actuallly very surprised it doesn't have one especially since it now has a guitar input!

I really hope people like Nonjuror have mentioned this crazy lack of a Touch-Wah to Roland!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:49 pm 

I know BOSS makes touch-wah pedals (TW-1) so it might be an expansion for the app in the future. I know Auto-wah is in the MK2, not sure if it reacts like a touch.

There was another beta tester mentioning the customization of the effects. He was saying that you can change the order of mfx, download new effects that Roland has cooking up soon and replace effects you don't use or need. The entire MK2 can be your very own box different from the next guy. Even Peter Brown said the effects department are working on new effects right now.

As for wah, I like my Behringer Hellbaby. My foot seems to have a mind of its own and lays down that heavy rhythmic wah sound all by himself. I tried the Cry Baby but I prefer the Behringer design without the stomp switch under the pedal.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:12 am 

Ill Green wrote:
There was another beta tester mentioning the customization of the effects. He was saying that you can change the order of mfx, download new effects that Roland has cooking up soon and replace effects you don't use or need. The entire MK2 can be your very own box different from the next guy. Even Peter Brown said the effects department are working on new effects right now.

Not interested in having a separate Touch-Wah, but that stuff you just mentioned sounds very promising. It's not as if a Touch-Wah is some exotic effect no one has ever heard of, so hopefully it will at least be among the new algorithms that can be imported - that would be great!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:41 am 

Quote:
Not interested in having a separate Touch-Wah, but that stuff you just mentioned sounds very promising. It's not as if a Touch-Wah is some exotic effect no one has ever heard of, so hopefully it will at least be among the new algorithms that can be imported - that would be great!

I never heard of touch wah until you mentioned it. If BOSS has it, then all you gotta do is get a petition of around 2,500 people signing it saying "we want this fucken thing now!" and when Roland sees such a demand, they'll run next door to get the digital algorithms of the circuit and implement it in the MKII. May take 3 months to a year, but they'll get it.

Then we can start a band, call it Gojiwah.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:00 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Quote:
I never heard of touch wah until you mentioned it.

To be honest mate, I'm not even 100% sure I have the name right either. I'm not a guitar player but as far as I'm aware there are two types. I believe the one that is controlled by a constant LFO is called an Auto-Wah, and sadly this is the one the 404MKII appears to have.

I believe the type I am after is called a Touch-Wah because it doesn't use an LFO at all, it gets its modulation from the loudness of your playing. Basically, the louder the tones coming though it, the more the filter opens. It's basically that organic Wah effect that makes funk sound like funk, or at least I hope I have that right.

In a nutshell, the Wah needs to be able to react to the volume running though it without any LFO running at all. Both the OPSIX and the 404MKII are machines that desperately need a Touch-Wah due to the sort of sounds and music a lot of them will be used for, yet neither of them have one which is just mind-blowing (the OPSIX still doesn't have one even after an epic update).

Having an Auto-Wah wobbling away constantly on an LFO just isn't the same as a Touch-Wah that reacts dynamically instead of using an LFO. Touch-Wah is pretty much what defines funk in sound sense, for me anyway, and I love that sound!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:38 am 

Ah SP-USER, then you talk about the Wah-Effect that's inside the 404 OG? It works just like that, you can set how sensitive it reacts to the volume level of applied pads. I love this efx too.
Thought this wah efx has made it into the sx, too... hasn't?

If it will be just like ill green mentioned, you have to buy the wah efx in the roland cloud next year. Or buy now a cheap 404og instead ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 37  Next