It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:35 am 

ot
hi man
what was wrong or not convinced you about the 'Takt?:)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:06 am 

DimensionsTomorrow wrote:
What’s up Ill Green? Not sure if you remember me from the Elektron board, but I sold my Digitakt a while back and have a preorder in for the mkii. They don’t drop in Japan until Nov 19 and I was originally told I was going to miss out on the November shipment, but would be in for the second shipment which they expected in December. Global supply is all messed up so no idea when that will actually be.

Anyway, I’m psyched for this thing. I’m also looking forward to sampling instruments into it, like bass and guitar, as well as regular old sampling. I started on an MPC then moved to the Digitakt, but I’m totally new to SP. The mkii looks like a dream for me and the way I work now though.

Of course I remember you :D

Since this MK2 leak started, I can't get inside elektronauts. Its like they banned me or something so I read the forums from my job. But the gearspace thread is pretty lit.

I sold the Digitakt after a year with it. Plastic buttons getting stuck got real annoying. Elektron should have had a metal shaft between the buttons like old school public phones. Then I could be bouncing on those buttons all day.

Been on Roland samplers since 1996. Believe me, the MK2 is a Renaissance and I believe a bigger 555mk2 will come if this does well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:24 pm 

Ill Green wrote:
I sold the Digitakt after a year with it. Plastic buttons getting stuck got real annoying. Elektron should have had a metal shaft between the buttons like old school public phones. Then I could be bouncing on those buttons all day.

ah...
ok

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:59 pm 

Check it out, from Sweetwater's upcoming Winter Catalog.

Attachments:
20211111_135321_768x768.jpg
20211111_135321_768x768.jpg [ 461.21 KiB | Viewed 3053 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:09 pm 

wait, i thought they got rid of the built in microphone haha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:16 am 

ellaguru wrote:
ot
hi man

Digitakt is very cool. Ultimately, it’s not my preferred workflow for a main sampler, but beyond that the file system was what bugged me the most. Not easy to get things on and off, and the third-party solution never worked right for me. I think it shines for happy accidents though. I often got cool stuff out of it that I would never have planned if I was making a beat on an MPC or in the DAW.

The mkii looks perfect for where I’m at now though, and I agree with Ill Green that it’s going to be huge. Sort of reminds me of when Akai dropped the MPC1K and 2500 back in the day. Looks like it’s gonna be a classic for sure. I can’t wait! Opening it up more for people using instruments also means there is going to be some crazy stuff made on this thing, I think.I also love the ease of sampling over USB.

I hope I get mine before the end of the year. The Japanese music shops won’t really divulge any info, so no way to know. I got my order in a couple of days or so after it was announced, so I was a little late for the first batch I think.

Post subject: Older SP style delay looping dakim style?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:41 am 

Does anyone know if dakim-style delay looping is still possible with the mkII?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:21 pm 

DimensionsTomorrow wrote:
ellaguru wrote:
ot
hi man

Digitakt is very cool. Ultimately, it’s not my preferred workflow for a main sampler, but beyond that the file system was what bugged me the most. Not easy to get things on and off, and the third-party solution never worked right for me. I think it shines for happy accidents though. I often got cool stuff out of it that I would never have planned if I was making a beat on an MPC or in the DAW.

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:06 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Never thought of that. And I like cheap diy solutions :D I reckon the pads got a rough but smooth glossy tops. I prefer pads that grip, not smooth shiny surfaces. I use that stuff myself but to seal speaker cabs. I saw the commercials of making a boat with it, but I aint that crazy to try.

WINTER WARNING FOR ANYONE WONDERING TO PREORDER: By this Winter season, Roland will raise the price to $549.99 USD. I think this drip shit was just a front to raise the price anyway, but thats what it is. If you interested, preorder while you got the chance or wait later by May for a 2nd hand.

Also, already getting reports that US stores will be popping up with some next week. These are new contacts, so lets give them a chance, if not, they get beheaded too like Frank and Louie.

I hope you're not teasing regards the price increase, I've pre-ordered since it wouldn't surprise me if it's true, so thanks for the heads-up homie - you might have saved me some precious cash!

Yeah, that rubber stuff should be absolutely perfect. Depends though, if the text or surrounding rubber is raised even slightly from each other, then you'll still see it and it won't work (it'll look embossed), but if not then it should be perfect!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:55 am 

The price hike is real. But not in effect yet. Once things get in order, the hike will take place by the 3rd batch.

Got more info on shipments :P

Spoke to Guitar Center, they say their 1st batch has been delayed due to Roland. However, the 1st shipment will arrive approximately around Dec. 12th. and its only 100. I don't know if its 100 units for each chain of the franchise, or if its just 100 units for all GCs in the country. :evil:

Musicians Friend say they will not get shipment until Feb. 2022 and that they will have 1,000 MK2s by then.

Sweetwater say their first batch comes in by end of Nov. And they too got 100 coming.

Take it with a grain of basil because times can change, we might get them early or... :( we might get them later.

At least we know, little by little they'll be widely available by Feb. Also according to one dude at Gearspace, Roland's 1st batch consisted of 15,000 to be spread out and shipped worldwide! Where the fuck is mine?! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:43 pm 

Well if nothing else this does prove my point that manufacturers need to stop insulting the customer's intelligence, and instead, give the customer what they want and they will come running in their masses!

That's exactly what is happening here and it makes me wonder how many they're selling :lol:
The MKII is giving the customer exactly what they want, or near as damn it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:40 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Well if nothing else this does prove my point that manufacturers need to stop insulting the customer's intelligence, and instead, give the customer what they want and they will come running in their masses!

That's exactly what is happening here and it makes me wonder how many they're selling :lol:
The MKII is giving the customer exactly what they want, or near as damn it!

I take it as snobby when manufacturers ignore vital feedback from customers that can make them more money. Instead of wasting it on products that will be dead stock. That money could've been put into valuable resources in building something that's needed in music instead of a developer's epiphany, that may or may not be a homerun.

Roland did good. I didn't think they go for the OLED screen, I expected at least to see the MV-1 type, but WOW! They knocked it out the park this time. If all the essentials that I need are there, I'm selling a lot of gear.

I try not to watch the youtube videos and GAS myself blue. I'll await for mine and then check them out. From what I did saw, it seems you can customize the mfx on the unit and replace the 6 buttons on the sides of the screen with any one from the MK2 or from the app expansion paks. I thought right away how customizable Roland made them. The faceplate, the screen images and now the mfx. Its gonna be interesting to see people's different designs soon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:05 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Roland did good. I didn't think they go for the OLED screen, I expected at least to see the MV-1 type, but WOW! They knocked it out the park this time. If all the essentials that I need are there, I'm selling a lot of gear.

personally i'll wait to sell stuff as for me the machine lacks of things i would have liked (a far more better midi -c'mon Roland you could have do it, MCs and MVs series are there to show that- a step seq and also microediting -see sp606-505-808 or againg MCs,Mvs)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:53 pm 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

I ordered my 404 from b and h… dude told me I should expect to receive it March 22nd.. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:51 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

Wooo hoodoo sweetwater rep just confirmed my order is getting shipped today. I got lucky,thank GOD!! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 37  Next