It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:12 pm 

ellaguru wrote:
there is this chromatic thing, let's see what is it

I know you've got your hopes up on that one bro, me too, I think we all have!

Wedley wrote:
https://youtu.be/cEVfusiEpxU

Looking forward to it, and at least it shows the pads illuminate in that new photo!

Jaytreaze wrote:
was at a beat event last night doubting wether this will ever happen and now there's a youtube premiere haha. looking forward

I reckon they posted that perfectly timed to ruin my Rick-Roll!

The Police wrote:
I bet you’re amazing at the skin flute though!

Well they do call Blackpool "Gay Capital of the North" here in the UK, and to some around here I'm known as "The Donkey", so you never know dude, you never know!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:59 pm 

@sp-user so is there any sp you’d consider getting out of curiosity? It’s like you hate all of them haha (or just not the 404 line)?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:11 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:
@sp-user so is there any sp you’d consider getting out of curiosity? It’s like you hate all of them haha (or just not the 404 line)?

Believe it or not, I don't actually "hate" any of them. It's fair to say I like the whole SP and MC line (both past and present), and it's because I like them I get so bloody pissed off when they keep crippling them in the most mind-numbing ways possible. I mean, how on earth can a manufacturer think it's acceptable to put out a sampler without Pan and Pitch, and no way to load the samples you made on the bloody thing, back into specific pads?

It just blows my fucking mind!

And even the new MC-101 and MC-707, absolutely fantastic pieces of kit, but again they fucked it all up by equipping them with such small amounts of sampling RAM that it pretty much renders them useless for a lot of people. Memory is cheap as chips these days, there's no excuse for it. Even Gaz and Nick went to the effort of making a video to highlight this issue hoping that Roland would listen, and they are right, they are fantastic pieces of kit and would be perfect if it were not for the limited RAM.

So to me it all just feels very nasty and unnecessary, and THAT'S what I don't like about it, it's the nastiness of it all. I don't like being shat on by corporates and I don't like to see others being shat on by them, either. Roland are not alone in their behaviour, but the only reason I'm hitting out at Roland on here is because we're talking about Roland products here. I have equal disregard for KORG and even YAMAHA. They each appear to have their own policy on how to cripple their products.

It's as if the manufacturers must think that if they give us exactly what we want, then we won't buy the next product - but that's just not true. GAS will see to that for a start, and even if they had made the MKII perfect in every possible way, people would still eventually fancy a change, or at least add the next product to their collection of gear because the latest model has something the current model doesn't have.

There was a time when what I'm talking about here is exactly the way it used to work. These manufacturers would put everything they could into innovation, into making you want that product, into good ergonomics making you want to use it, and even the standardisaton of MIDI being a perfect example of these companies working together for the good of the consumer.

Today though, it's very different, today it's all about dishonesty and manipulation.

Anyway, I guess we'll know the score soon enough on whether they've implemented Pan and Pitch. It is very likely I will buy it and be very happy with it if they have, but if they haven't then there really is no point in it and I can't see me buying one. It's a sampler FFS, it should have Pan and Pitch and a way to load its own samples back into its own pads!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:14 pm 

You ever had hands on experience over extended periods of time with sp? Could shift your perception and overlook the limitations and go the extra foot to workaround it to be able to implement it into your set up as a piece of kit you could enjoy beyond what it doesnt have? :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:41 pm 

Aww yeah! Its official!

For me, this could be the people's SP. Roland finally squatting and taking notes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:30 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Aww yeah! Its official!

For me, this could be the people's SP. Roland finally squatting and taking notes.

This premiere has me more hyped than anything else I’ve waited for in 2021 so far hahaha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:36 am 

Wedley wrote:

Dammit! I’ll be working when they drop the vid!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:50 am 

Jaytreaze wrote:
Ill Green wrote:
Aww yeah! Its official!

This premiere has me more hyped than anything else I’ve waited for in 2021 so far hahaha

Thats at 3AM tomorrow for me here at eastern atlantic time. Got work at 11AM but imma stick it out with coffee and tea.

Check this out, the link came back up.

http://www.mvc-uat.rvslabs.io/news/intr ... 04mkii-app

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:55 am 

So why are you all so interested in this MK2?

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:40 am 

Headphones wrote:
Wedley wrote:

Dammit! I’ll be working when they drop the vid!!!

Same here…

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:43 am 

zendan wrote:

Bc it’s an SP!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 am 

zendan wrote:

Wouldn’t you be excited when your pregnant gf or wife was about to deliver? That’s kinda what it’s gonna be like. A new member to the SP family. I’m not selling my 202/505 or 404 for the new one. But I’ll gladly use them altogether and they can all play their roles together. I’m entertaining the idea of finding a 303, but it won’t be cheap. But that would be after the mk2 which sounds like I won’t buy until next year at least.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 am 

Jaytreaze wrote:
You ever had hands on experience over extended periods of time with sp? Could shift your perception and overlook the limitations and go the extra foot to workaround it to be able to implement it into your set up as a piece of kit you could enjoy beyond what it doesnt have? :)

I had a brand new SP-404A and it had limitations no sampler should. No standard Pitch control, no Pan control, and wasn't even able to load back samples it had made, from it's own SD card into it's own specified pads. I don't care how many drooling sheeple there are out there, those limitations are unacceptable on a sampler.

Anyway, the reveal is tomorrow morning for me so hopefully I'll be able to get my purchasing decisions made tomorrow either way. I'm bored fucking senseless over this situation, I just want some gear I'll enjoy making some music with.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:12 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Jaytreaze wrote:

I'm bored fucking senseless over this situation, I just want some gear I'll enjoy making some music with.

Can tell you're bored with how much you're commenting. So bored that you've put your life on hold to spend all day writing about this machine.

If you're worried about panning, rest assured that some samplers that cost even more than this don't even have stereo sampling. If you're worried about pitching, then direct your attention towards the two buttons on the machine that indicate that things can be pitched up and down (i.e. not effects - actual pitch buttons).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:34 am 

My browser is always open, meantime I'm working in KiCad all day long, so I assure you I'm not dedicated to posting on this forum.

And where are those pitch buttons? I don't see any and even if there are any it likely just means it'll "Pitch Shift" up and down. The terms "Pitch Shift" and "Chromatic" have nothing to do with being able to turn a knob to adjust the pitch of a sample without it being pitch-shifted or locked into chromatic scale increments.

Like I said about a thousand times now "I hope I'm wrong" but the specs make me think I'm not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next