It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:36 pm 

ellaguru wrote:
Ill Green wrote:
LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
All I care about is real pitch shift and more polyphony.let's hope they have this!!!

32 polyphony and Pitch/Speed like the old SP202.
Line In/Out via 1/4" jacks
And sampling USB.

This like the SP-606 (minus pitch) but beefed up in a small package.

cool
how is the seq in your opinion?

At least the SP606 let you use 2 different effects at once. I don’t think the 404mk2 does this. If it did, that’s so sick. But I think it’s like a 404 went to college and came back smarter/more mature, but definitely went under the knife for plastic surgery as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:04 pm 

Damn… What a pleasant surprise. Stumbled across some old Formal & HS beats on YouTube, though I should see what’s cracking in the SP Forums. Wasn’t expecting this. Stoked!

Quietly optimistic about the new SP, even with the classic Roland move to omit rather than improve. They forgot the D-Beam again.

Last edited by Unfolding on Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reasons

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm 

djazid wrote:
Someone forgot to add that symbol and forgot the text for the MFX effects and line in/out /etc aswell. :wink:

Well apparently someone at Roland decided that it's better to piss people off by removing the much loved and accepted SD card slot, and the much loved and standardised MIDI DIN format, and replace them with the much more expensive and much more annoying option of having stupid adapters that will be left dangling from the unit.

WHY??? ... WHY DO THIS???

It costs less to put the card slot on the machine where it belongs than it does to manufacture a stupid adapter that will have to be dangling outside the unit to achieve the same thing!!!

Same with MIDI DIN, why remove it and use a stupid adapter to achieve the same thing???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:14 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
Peeps gonna be rushing around like headless lunatics attempting to grab this if it's for real ..

And then the inevitable stories complaining about how it still sucks a massive bag of dicks will begin a whole new chapter... :D

404 O G. 4 LYFE.!

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:35 pm 

idk about this tbh, it seems kinda fake? like how there isnt the mfx list and the line in/ out whatever text like someone else said. It kinda feels like this is just an idea someones had of what they would want in a new sp. idk tho what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:50 pm 

It’s getting pages Musictech & Synthtopia so it might actually be happening. Doubt places like that would run with any old rumour.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the pics are a demo/pre-production unit for ironing out the kinks or a just a render, hence the missing in/out labels. But with all those extra pads & buttons there isn’t much room for a printed mfx list this time. Don’t forget the screen’s meant to be an oled or whatever, so it’ll probs be in there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:04 pm 

Unfolding wrote:
It’s getting pages Musictech & Synthtopia so it might actually be happening. Doubt places like that would run with any old rumour.

No way, really? :shock:

Can't keep this up any longer, my sides are literally starting to ache for laughing so hard!!!
It's modeled and rendered in Blender you gullible bunch of muppets!!!

3D Modeling and Rendering is just one of my many talents, and Blender be my bitch :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:24 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
No way, really? :shock:

Way, dude. Way.

https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2021/10/01/roland-sp-404-mkii-a-major-update-to-classic-compact-beatmaking-workstation/

Unsurprising spoiler: The comments section turned into a shitshow at the first reply.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:38 pm 

HOLY FUCKERONI - LMFAO!!!

After those pics Wedley posted, I thought why not fire-up Blender and make it look true by designing a viable-looking unit with the same format used on the panel shown in his photos. I didn't realise it would go as viral as that, fucking hell!!!

Well at least my Blender skills are up to snuff, would you like to see a rear view as proof?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:42 pm 

Sure, go for it!

*meanwhile I’m trying not to make an idiot of myself by rereading the thread, rather than asking the obvious. I missed the original stuff from back in August*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:45 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:09 pm 

You, sir have 404’d before.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:17 pm 

Hahaha - Well I had to get my own back on all those trolls one way or another :wink:

I bet your faces were classic when you saw that, still, I promised a rear view and I delivered one!
If nothing else it will at least give us all something to watch until it actually arrives!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:13 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
djazid wrote:
Someone forgot to add that symbol and forgot the text for the MFX effects and line in/out /etc aswell. :wink:

Well apparently someone at Roland decided that it's better to piss people off by removing the much loved and accepted SD card slot, and the much loved and standardised MIDI DIN format, and replace them with the much more expensive and much more annoying option of having stupid adapters that will be left dangling from the unit.

We will see if it's a real product or if it's just a hoax. If it's real, **then** complain if it's not having some needed stuff. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:15 pm 

Well, there's no doubt in my mind it's real, but I hope the stuff about needing adapters is wrong.
Those things are despised by everyone I know, for good reason, they are completely pointless!

There's plenty of physical space on a 404 for a proper SD card slot, and MIDI IN/OUT on DIN.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 37  Next