It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:42 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Cheers sleepynumb, yeah I watched that a few weeks back and it's good to hear they won't be charging for new effects if that's what he said, can't remember to be honest.

Cool to hear you have yours, lucky you, but just so you know, it's a tradition that when you receive a 404MKII before SP-USER, you are obliged to check the six parameters of the Wah effect to see if you can switch the LFO off and have it react to the volume running through it instead.

:mrgreen: :wink:

I'm kidding of course but it would be great if you'd check it out for me while you're going through the effects and stuff! The Wah actually looks quite sophisticated, it has six parameters (and that's a lot for a wah) so it's not impossible it already does what I hope it does, but the User Manual doesn't help because they use different terminology sometimes to Korg and Yamaha, so I can't be 100% sure what some of the parameters actually do.

I’m down. I’ll see what’s up tonight

Newerstuff
http://soundcloud.com/sleeps-numb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:57 am 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

sleepynumb wrote:
LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
First impressions:
The build quality is top notch its a stunning looking machine. Right off the bat ,and this is just my preference the pads suck shit lmao,they are hard as a desk. There is no play to them,even thou I prefer fixed velocity these pads are a let down. The BUS EFX PAD AND EXT PAD have a very nice feel and wish the other pads felt the same.
The screen is very nice and was worried the oled screen was gonna mess with my eyes like the digitakt did but overall oled screen is good.
Workflow is way different, this thing will take time learning all the new menus etc and I get the vibe that it doesn't have the same immediacy as the SX OR OG.get ready for a learning curve,even though I watched a bunch of mkii vids I'm still scratching my head and will have to re watch and read the manual.
Funny thing is the thing I was least hyped for was the wave form I still prefer the OG way of chopping.
Either way this machine is dope but be warned from my initial response and I could be wrong this is a whole new machine so be ready to menu dive and it will take time to get used to everything.

Try fucking with the pad settings. I was feeling the same way then I adjusted the curve to log and it feels way better now.

What setting do you recommend?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:10 am 

LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
sleepynumb wrote:
LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
First impressions:
The build quality is top notch its a stunning looking machine. Right off the bat ,and this is just my preference the pads suck shit lmao,they are hard as a desk. There is no play to them,even thou I prefer fixed velocity these pads are a let down. The BUS EFX PAD AND EXT PAD have a very nice feel and wish the other pads felt the same.
The screen is very nice and was worried the oled screen was gonna mess with my eyes like the digitakt did but overall oled screen is good.
Workflow is way different, this thing will take time learning all the new menus etc and I get the vibe that it doesn't have the same immediacy as the SX OR OG.get ready for a learning curve,even though I watched a bunch of mkii vids I'm still scratching my head and will have to re watch and read the manual.
Funny thing is the thing I was least hyped for was the wave form I still prefer the OG way of chopping.

Either way this machine is dope but be warned from my initial response and I could be wrong this is a whole new machine so be ready to menu dive and it will take time to get used to everything.

Try fucking with the pad settings. I was feeling the same way then I adjusted the curve to log and it feels way better now.

What setting do you recommend?

Try this:
Start with shift pad 15
Curve type log
Threshold 1
Gain 10
Trig span 5

Saw it on a Reddit post and feels a lot better to me

Newerstuff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 am 

Thanks !Works better for sure

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:32 am 

Anytime Sensei. Excited to hear the next chapter.

Newerstuff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:58 am 

sleepynumb wrote:
I’m down. I’ll see what’s up tonight

Cheers bro, and I really hope it does!

BTW, regards the discussion about the pads, personally I'm really pleased to hear the pads don't have a click, I thought the pads used on the OG, SX and A were not suited to beat making at all. I used to have a Yamaha PSS680 home keyboard when I were a kid and even that had way better pads, and I expected the 404 to have the same sort as that and was shocked to find it didn't.

These new pads sound ideal to me cause pads should not have travel in them, and from the looks of those settings you have a lot of control over their sensitivity as well. These new pads sound more like drum machine pads with no travel, so they should be perfect!

I can definitely appreciate they would need some getting used to though, especially for those who are used to doing a lot of beat making on the previous type.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:58 pm 

Not used to these kind of pads but yes, they do resemble eDrum kind of padding. Actually, I like them :oops: they fit my finger drumming same way when I practice on a wooden table. I had MPCs before but never really captured my drums 100% as on a wooden table. But the MK2... gets busy!

EDIT:Just checked the OS of my MKII and its at 1.01 :| now I gotta update it later.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:14 am 

you can chop samples while other pads are playing!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:22 am 

i was very lucky yesterday :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i was 2nd on the preorder list and the local music store (switzerland) only received one unit. they sent a message to the only one that ordered before me but he passed on it since he bought some other stuff in the meantime. so i was the lucky dude that could grab the only unit they received :D

didn't had the time to test it - just unboxed it and it looks and feels stunning.

looking foreward to dive into the machine lol

holla at Beatjitzu! long time no see... how u doin?

https://youtu.be/P4wTn6x_vpA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:55 pm 

MK2s hitting London now!

https://www.reddit.com/r/SP404/comments ... r_all_the/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:00 pm 

scopebeats wrote:
i was very lucky yesterday :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i was 2nd on the preorder list and the local music store (switzerland) only received one unit. they sent a message to the only one that ordered before me but he passed on it since he bought some other stuff in the meantime. so i was the lucky dude that could grab the only unit they received :D

didn't had the time to test it - just unboxed it and it looks and feels stunning.

looking foreward to dive into the machine lol

holla at Beatjitzu! long time no see... how u doin?

Thats awesome glad you got it! I'm good, hope you are as well. Can't wait to hear what you cook up with the new 404!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:21 pm 

So I worked a total of 92 hours in 2 weeks, and this is what I get paid tomorrow.

$1000 goes to rent
$100 to my bus pass for December
$115 to my storage locker
$60 to my Akai XR20
And basically, I don’t got barely a drop in the bucket to save for mine. I need new shoes badly. So the only real hope I got, is to work 6 days a week. Yeah, fucking IRS takes their chunk, but I’m trying to scrounge what I can.

Then my next check is December 10th, and I’ve got that Yamaha to make a payment on, I gotta get Xmas gifts, and may my Tmo bill. Basically, I may not be ordering mine until December 24th, even if I work 6 days a week for the next 3 weeks! Fucking bills make it tricky. And the taxes seem to be the first thing I kiss goodbye.

Well, not trying to complain too much. I at least got a XR20 to keep me busy in the mean time. Hope all of us Americans have a great Thanksgiving & great Black Friday deals, and the rest of you in Africa/Asia/Europe/S.America gets yours soon.

Peace!

Attachments:
A3CE47AA-BFC4-4BE2-83D6-50F4040ABDCC.png
A3CE47AA-BFC4-4BE2-83D6-50F4040ABDCC.png [ 198.39 KiB | Viewed 6065 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:32 am 

ot
1000 to rent? how many m2?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:46 am 

Seattle area is expensive. Most of my cash goes there too. I did sneak a item I’ve needed, but it’s a Hungry Robot Modular VCO pedal. Couldn’t buy a envelope or VCA for it. But I get my XR20 today. I’ll have all day Sunday to mess with it.

But yeah, any cash I have left goes to my Yamaha.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:38 am 

SP-USER wrote:
Cheers sleepynumb, yeah I watched that a few weeks back and it's good to hear they won't be charging for new effects if that's what he said, can't remember to be honest.

Cool to hear you have yours, lucky you, but just so you know, it's a tradition that when you receive a 404MKII before SP-USER, you are obliged to check the six parameters of the Wah effect to see if you can switch the LFO off and have it react to the volume running through it instead.

:mrgreen: :wink:

I'm kidding of course but it would be great if you'd check it out for me while you're going through the effects and stuff! The Wah actually looks quite sophisticated, it has six parameters (and that's a lot for a wah) so it's not impossible it already does what I hope it does, but the User Manual doesn't help because they use different terminology sometimes to Korg and Yamaha, so I can't be 100% sure what some of the parameters actually do.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond brochacho, but I experimented with the wah effect the other night.

Here are my findings:

Second page of parameters, knob three, allows you to sync the wah effect to the tempo. When Turned off the wah runs similarly to a free range LFO.

First page of parameters, knob two, sets the rate/speed of the Wah Effect. this reacts different depending if its tempo synced. It can super fast at higher settings

First page of parameters, third knob labeled manual adjusts what frequency is accentuated by the filter. When the rate is low and not wah ing this almost sounds like another filter to my ears.

One thing to consider to is the new Super Filter effect is different then the one on the 555 i used to have. This thing can mimic a touch wah pretty easy too. It has rate and depth and can be synced to the tempo too.

Here is a link to the effect description of the new super filter.

https://static.roland.com/manuals/sp-404mk2_reference/eng/17805555.html

I hope I understood your question correctly :twisted:

Newerstuff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next