It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:29 am 

Man, I just saw on BoBeats that you can resample the Ext. Source, the pads and the pattern playing, all at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:27 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Man, I just saw on BoBeats that you can resample the Ext. Source, the pads and the pattern playing, all at the same time.

jesus christ, one of my favorite things about the SP303 was that you could resample EXT source, that's fuckin wild

this thing is definitely a crazy powerhouse

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:00 am 

Ill Green wrote:
This is why I laugh, you come with jokes and nonchalantly. :D

But yeah been trying to fit the theme to the template but really no room for the pic. Too many buttons. Might just have Goji's hide as my theme.

In a previous life I was a Medieval Jester :D

Regards the templates and stuff, I hear you, there's not a lot of physical room for customisation and I can only assume they want you to take the template, design over it yourself but then email the file over to somewhere that makes those skins professionally. You really need someone with laser-cutting gear to do it right, and I think that's how those skin companies do it.

zendan wrote:
this is honestly the only feature i've ever seen the SP-404SX as lacking

if the SX had decent stereo panning control, i'd be set for life

as i have always and as of right now, i use external recording devices [hardware] to pan things when necessary [but all of my external recording equipment is out of commission ATM :cry: :cry: ]

thank you for providing some sauce for us b

Chilli or Garlic? :mrgreen:

So anyway bro, that's all very good to hear but what are you going to do about the poor SP-404MKII I can hear right now, locked in her cardboard box yelling her pads off shouting ...

"Buy me, Zindan, PLEEEEEEEEESE buy, I GOTS PAN!!!"

What we are all wanting to know is what you intend to do about this situation :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:35 am 

Ill Green wrote:

Exactly, this is why it can also be used as a creative multi-track recorder as well - it's a beast!

You can even set it up so that your pads play, you have live input, and when you record it'll only record the input and not the pads even though the pads are playing. It depends on whether you hit Record or Resample, very nice!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:57 pm 

zendan wrote:
Ill Green wrote:

jesus christ, one of my favorite things about the SP303 was that you could resample EXT source, that's fuckin wild

this thing is definitely a crazy powerhouse

If Guitar Center emailed you saying "bro, we will give you every groovebox by Roland in stock for $499.00 except for the MK2." Would you take it? :mrgreen:

Me? I'll most likely say send the MK2 already.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:04 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
Ill Green wrote:

Exactly, this is why it can also be used as a creative multi-track recorder as well - it's a beast!

You can even set it up so that your pads play, you have live input, and when you record it'll only record the input and not the pads even though the pads are playing. It depends on whether you hit Record or Resample, very nice!

In a way, the 606 can do it, but not without the P606 software. It had to be tethered to a computer to resample patterns, pads and ext. source. But thats how I was using it for a few tracks.

They lifted a lot from the SP606 which for me, was waayy ahead of its time. It had USB sampling, mics, and Line too. Roland should of continued that. Hey! Here we are now :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:08 pm 

Ill Green wrote:
In a way, the 606 can do it, but not without the P606 software. It had to be tethered to a computer to resample patterns, pads and ext. source. But thats how I was using it for a few tracks.

They lifted a lot from the SP606 which for me, was waayy ahead of its time. It had USB sampling, mics, and Line too. Roland should of continued that. Hey! Here we are now :mrgreen:

+1
they anticipated stuff of Maschine, don't know for what planning market strategy Roland abandoned this route and now, after more than 10 years, they put some of 606 stuff inside the 404mk2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:29 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

This new 404 is going to be so sick! It is now a low budget multitracker via the resample EXT source like the 303. Plus the fact that you can now set a metranome click to record samples as well. real pitch shift,bus efx.resample patterns,panning..Only downside is you can't record chromatic mode in pattern mode but that's a easy work around..
I used to hate making patterns in the OG404 and have to track them out to another device and then rerecord back into the 404. I hated the resample method because of the lack of polyphony..Now the sky is the limit,
looks like BEATJITZU 2.0 is in EFX!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:05 pm 

Ill Green wrote:

If Guitar Center emailed you saying "bro, we will give you every groovebox by Roland in stock for $499.00 except for the MK2." Would you take it? :mrgreen:

Me? I'll most likely say send the MK2 already.

sorry, couldn't be me :roll: :roll:

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:35 pm 

LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
This new 404 is going to be so sick! It is now a low budget multitracker via the resample EXT source like the 303. Plus the fact that you can now set a metranome click to record samples as well. real pitch shift,bus efx.resample patterns,panning..Only downside is you can't record chromatic mode in pattern mode but that's a easy work around..
I used to hate making patterns in the OG404 and have to track them out to another device and then rerecord back into the 404. I hated the resample method because of the lack of polyphony..Now the sky is the limit,
looks like BEATJITZU 2.0 is in EFX!!!

I hated using two samplers period. The MK2 will be that flow I been after since the MS-1 broke down on me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:58 pm 

SP Forums be like

Attachments:
IMG_20211018_165537.jpg
IMG_20211018_165537.jpg [ 119.26 KiB | Viewed 3069 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:11 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:14 pm 

LMAOO ok that was a good one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but here, i think this is a little more accurate

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:16 pm 

What a laugh. I think you mean random old dudes with record contracts...

:o :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 pm 

So who's the 'oldie' among us anyway? :lol:

I had to ask since none of the people Zindan has these conversations with appear to have reached even middle age, nevermind "old".

As far as I'm aware we're all in our fourties (those of us he's ever called "old" I mean), and I include myself in that statement since I'm only in my fourties myself. Can't speak for the rest of us, but hey, I've still got a full head of hair (unlike a certain someone on here I could mention who claims he's balding at 25). I mean at that rate, the dude's gonna be bald as Headphones' favourite clam by the time he reaches 30!

They say life begins a 50, so at that rate it means we still have upto another decade to wait until we even reach 50, nevermind reach an age where we'll be considered "old" - LMFAO!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 37  Next