It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:07 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:34 pm 

TGN wrote:
Yeah, this would be cool, too. Like on the old microsampler from korg. :)
I do not own a mk2, i saw this chromatic feature in a video this morning.
But SP-USER, why don't you buy a 404 og for the wah?

You mean the wah on the OG was actually an input-sensitive Touch-Wah? :shock:

Man, if that's the case I cannot imagine what possessed them to remove it and replace it with the version the 'SX' and 'A' has. But nah, not buying an OG, not when I'm after a MKII.

I'll just have to do it manually on the MKII and hope they add the effect in an update. The idea is for my equipment list to comprise of just the MKII and a suitable synthesizer to feed it. It seems I'm the polar opposite of most people these days, cause you homies, y'all be sufferin' from GAS whereas I'm the opposite!

For me, the fewer the amount of items I need to hop between, the better, that's why I'm such a fan of the MKII, it's so damn powerful and has a great workflow.

And who knows, that new CASIO might even turn out to be the synth I need to feed it!

Last edited by SP-USER on Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:46 pm 

a tiny touch wah pedal cant be the most inconvenient thing to add?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:08 pm 

It's more inconvenient than you might think, here's the disadvantages:

- It's another separate device with cables needing to go in and out of it.
- It's another power outlet required.
- It's lacking the workflow a built-in Touch-Wah shares with built-in effects.
- It's double all of that trouble again if I want stereo.

It's just way better to have it built-in cause it avoids all of that.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:01 am 

Does Auto-Trig level not work for anyone else? No matter what I set it to, it just starts recording right away where instead it should wait until it has some sound playing.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:53 pm 

SP-USER wrote:
It's more inconvenient than you might think, here's the disadvantages:

- It's another separate device with cables needing to go in and out of it.
- It's another power outlet required.
- It's lacking the workflow a built-in Touch-Wah shares with built-in effects.
- It's double all of that trouble again if I want stereo.

It's just way better to have it built-in cause it avoids all of that.

True, depends how you want to use the effect too I guess, maybe the pedal would be handy if you wanted a whole seperate effects rack for quickly running a sample through it to sample into the mk2 if it lacks what u need (like some ppl have a tape deck and a bunch of other shit to run through) but for performance purposes would be more convenient having it in one place. Could always get a pedal and keep it as a backup just incase!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm 

Oh I have a tape deck, a really nice one (Marantz SD-60) and it'll always be part of my setup!

If I was into modular and all the cable-connection stuff I would very likely have the sort of FX setup you describe, but it's not my thing, lots of different devices and cables all over the place just feels very chaotic and counter-productive to me.

I'd rather master just a couple of devices than be unproductive using a whole bunch of devices, it's just the way I'm wired I suppose, and I'm glad I am wired that way to be honest because my next to non-existent income is totally incompatible with GAS!

I'm really glad I don't suffer from GAS :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:29 pm 

For the ones interested in Europe, i've found that
https://www.bax-shop.fr/sampler/roland-sp-404mkii-echantillonneur-editeur-creatif?gclid=Cj0KCQiA6NOPBhCPARIsAHAy2zBqBZSSKIFk1waaiVcvmKKNMff44rk-BSN8Z-m_4CKkV5WB5nT1g_saAkqCEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
389€ :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:03 pm 

Attachment:
Dark_Crystal.jpg
Dark_Crystal.jpg [ 191.34 KiB | Viewed 23499 times ]

Chamberlain:

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, a Gelfling.

Jen:
Kira, watch out, a Skeksis!

Kira:
Go away, leave us alone!

Chamberlain:
But Skeksis friend of Gelfling, come to castle, I show you Skeksis is friend!

Jen:
Don't look into his eyes, it's a trap!

Chamberlain:
But Skeksis pre-order SP-404MKII, Skeksis has SP-404MKII at castle!

Jen:
Really?

Chamberlain:
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:45 am 

Never trust Chamberlain that's for sure.

Update: Still no word on this unit from MF. Rep told me by early March. I was gonna cancel this order by then, but seeing how the drought is really getting harder, I'll reserve it until June if I have to. The other order I had to cancel because it was already paid by credit card and the time of undelivered goods was running out. So in order to save bank without interest, I had to cancel a day before.

Anyway, Forge of Fire is still on...

...when it gets here.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:50 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Never trust Chamberlain that's for sure.

True, not gonna lie though, I often feel sorry for Chamberlain. Sure he's a Skeksis, but out of all the Skeksis at least he was the most cunning and successfull at hauling-in sacks of Podlings and capturing Gelflings, and it just seemed unfair to me that after they had their 'Trial by Stone', they started ripping from him what little rags he had left.

These days of course, the shortage of SP-404MKII is being played upon by the cruel and cunning Skeksis, and for this reason more than any, Roland need to up thier game and get them out a lot quicker than another 14 weeks!

I dread to think how many more Gelflings will have fallen victim by then!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:51 pm 

Figured I would bump this with an update in case anyone else is still trying to find one...

Guitar Center gave me a date of April 30th of when they would get the next restock (dude said "a bunch")

Personally I won't be getting rid of my 303 after watching a bunch of comparisons, but I definitely want to try it as a standalone unit rather than trying to use a 404 alone.

(SP/MPC) - https://soundcloud.com/pazword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:48 pm 

I’m happy with my 202 & 404 og. I know where to get a 303 for $350+tax, but I’m not in a hurry to get one right now. Would love a SP555 for the extra features of the 404, but don’t want to pay the insane prices they now go for. As for the 404mk2, really want one, but I refuse to be on a waiting list of 6-9 months. There’s so much else out there, so it’s a product that can slowly trickle out to the public, and before you know it people can’t flip it for double or triple what they paid for it (as I’m sure they all are doing now).

Until then, I’ll keep my eyes & ears open when they’re easier to locate and get shipped out. I’d wait a month or 2, but 3 is pushing it, and 4 months or more is a huge no.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:16 am 

Headphones wrote:
Would love a SP555 for the extra features of the 404 ...

I had a passing interest in it for the same reason initially, cause it has the ability to resample a playing pattern. Trouble is, there's a latency problem with it, so unless you fire it off manually, you don't get a perfect loop.

That said, as far as I can tell from the videos, you have the ability to set it to record infinitely, or a specific number of bars. And if (and it's a big if) "if" you are able to fire it off manually while still having it end automatically after a set number of bars, that would still work. Unfortunately, the videos I've seen only show it being started and stopped manually, I've never seen a manual start with an automatic stop.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:36 pm 

pazword wrote:
Figured I would bump this with an update in case anyone else is still trying to find one...

Guitar Center gave me a date of April 30th of when they would get the next restock (dude said "a bunch")

Chicago Music Exchange now has April 29th as their pre-order delivery date, so looks like that might be when the next big batch is going out...

I wonder if we'll see any other updates come out up until then

(SP/MPC) - https://soundcloud.com/pazword

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:43 am 

Still love the SP-404MKII and would like one, but personallly I'd love to know what's going on with the effects. I was very quick to agree with Liam Killen in the other thread about the difference in quality of the effects, but listening to this other comparison from Nonjuror, there seems to be little to no difference.

That's good of course, but I'm wondering what's going on, why the difference is so obvious on Liam's video but little to no difference at all on Nonjuror's video. I wonder if it has something to do with how they're getting the sound out of the SP-404MKII, like maybe if it's a direct recording instead of a file transfer, maybe it has something to do with the soundcards they're using.

It's a relief to see this video to be honest, because I had gone right off' the SP-404MKII before-hand. Anyway, here's Nonjuror's comparison of effects, mind you he's not using the Isolator here as Liam did, so I dunno.

SP-303 and SP-404A V's SP-404MKII Vinyl Sim Comparison:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZujYiq9qRK4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next