It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:52 pm 

dollarllama d wrote:
Jaytreaze wrote:
I wonder what the first tip and trick posted onto sp404mkII tips n tricks will be haha

I probably should set that off as well lol

https://m.soundcloud.com/mr-dibiase

https://mrdibiase.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:14 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

Man this thing just keeps getting better!
Yo Dibiase quick question how is the resampling when you resample a bunch of patterns together?Are there any glitches, because the sp vidz guy said he noticed glitches when trying to resample a whole beat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:42 pm 

LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
Yo Dibiase quick question how is the resampling when you resample a bunch of patterns together?Are there any glitches, because the sp vidz guy said he noticed glitches when trying to resample a whole beat.

I haven’t had glitches resampling pattern. But nothing a firmware update couldn’t fix unlike past sp’s . I normally cook on Ig live or twitch showing all that. It sound like some ppl in this post was spreading misinformation on something they knew nothing about. I figured y’all would need to hear from a reliable source

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:44 pm 

dollarllama d wrote:
LORD BEATJITZU wrote:

I haven’t had glitches resampling pattern. But nothing a firmware update couldn’t fix unlike past sp’s . I normally cook on Ig live or twitch showing all that. It sound like some ppl in this post was spreading misinformation on something they knew nothing about. I figured y’all would need to hear from a reliable source

Give thanks for all the info!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:14 pm 

dollarllama d wrote:

It'll be cool it they treat it as a platform regards updates, sort of like Akai are doing with the MPC. I don't know if it does it or not, but it would be great if you could set the amount of bars you want to record before sampling a pattern, so that it samples a perfectly loopable amount of bars!

Also, have you tried the Wah? Is it possible to set it to behave like a Touch-Wah so that it reacts to the volume running through the effect rather than use an LFO? It's hard to tell from the manual cause different munufacturers use different naming for the settings. It kinda looks as if it does but I'm not sure, so would really love to know about that if you tried it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:05 am 

SP-USER wrote:
dollarllama d wrote:

It'll be cool it they treat it as a platform regards updates, sort of like Akai are doing with the MPC. I don't know if it does it or not, but it would be great if you could set the amount of bars you want to record before sampling a pattern, so that it samples a perfectly loopable amount of bars!

Also, have you tried the Wah? Is it possible to set it to behave like a Touch-Wah so that it reacts to the volume running through the effect rather than use an LFO? It's hard to tell from the manual cause different munufacturers use different naming for the settings. It kinda looks as if it does but I'm not sure, so would really love to know about that if you tried it!

You can set the count in for recording samples in .

Also Roland does announce updates for firmware with other devices like mc 101 and 707 etc. They had to with older sp because it didn’t have updates. I’m sure mkii will be treated the same. It’s an upgrade from whatever sp combination you been using by light years . Also the wah is not complicated besides I use the super filter and modulate live.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:03 am 

I hear you, it'd be nice to do that sort of thing live and I would definitely try that myself in the right scenario. Trouble is, unless it does Touch-Wah, you can't play your instrument live on the input and have it react as you play it, so I really hope they add a Touch-Wah!

But I totally agree, I think the SP-404MKII is light-years ahead of the other SPs and there is literally only two irritations I have with it, those being the connections used for MIDI and no Touch-Wah. Considering the amount of irritations that could have happened, that's nothing to complain about in the greater scheme of things. I honestly think this beast is the best designed stand-alone music making tool on the market. I know people love their MPCs and Digitaks (and I like the MPC myself as well), but for me those work-flows are nowhere near as creative and hands-on as this new SP is!

Regards the Wah though, it's a bit like with Korg's OPSIX, that machine is loaded with Clavs, Electric Pianos and Guitar sounds, all of which are just crying out to be put through a Touch-Wah, so it's kinda expected by default. Unfortunately the Wah they gave it is LFO-driven mode only, so it just ain't funky. I doubt Korg will add a Touch-Wah to the OPSIX, but I really hope Roland will add one to the SP-404MKII, that would just make the thing even more perfect.

Thanks for the clarification, and nice to see you back on this forum. I'm new to this Hip-Hop lark so aren't properly clued-up on yours or anyones work, but I've heard the name DIBIA$E quite a lot!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:19 pm 

DIBIA$E is a 404 legend!How are the pads on the mkii?
Can you still chop with the mark button like the 202,303,404 style?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:39 pm 

LORD BEATJITZU wrote:

great question, i would love to hear about how the pads feel

hopefully they finally gave an SP some decent ones, they're supposed to be velocity sensitive right?

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:47 am 

zendan wrote:
LORD BEATJITZU wrote:

hopefully they finally gave an SP some decent ones, they're supposed to be velocity sensitive right?

I hope so too. Out of all the SP's I've had i really liked the 202 pads.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 am 

LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
zendan wrote:
LORD BEATJITZU wrote:

I hope so too. Out of all the SP's I've had i really liked the 202 pads.

have you ever used an MV8000/8800? the pads are fantastic!!!! idk why boss/roland had to cheap out so much on the SP pads

as far as SPs go, i've only used 404, 404SX, 303, and 202. my 202 pads felt the best IMO, but i wonder if it's bc it was mint when i copped and i haven't beaten it up at all compared to my 303 and 404SX (which get absolutely tortured)

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:07 pm 

Studio in a couple weeks.

Attachments:
20211024_110201_800x530_800x530.jpg
20211024_110201_800x530_800x530.jpg [ 343.97 KiB | Viewed 2496 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 pm 

On the dolo as we used to say.

Attachments:
20211024_121507_800x533.jpg
20211024_121507_800x533.jpg [ 434.82 KiB | Viewed 2489 times ]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:01 pm 

have you ever used an MV8000/8800? the pads are fantastic!!!! idk why boss/roland had to cheap out so much on the SP pads

as far as SPs go, i've only used 404, 404SX, 303, and 202. my 202 pads felt the best IMO, but i wonder if it's bc it was mint when i copped and i haven't beaten it up at all compared to my 303 and 404SX (which get absolutely tortured)[/quote]
no I have never tried the MV looks like a dope joint thou...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:02 pm 

ILL GREEN coming with the Dirty Vinyl!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37  Next