It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am

Post subject: Pads clickity clackity on 404sx
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:43 pm 

Do you guys have pads that go down twice? When I press on a pad it clicks once and shifts to one side, that usually triggers the pad, and then if I press on it with more force it clicks again and goes down fully. Don't know if this is the standard I just find it weird and uncomfortable. It has been like that since I got it.

Post subject: Re: Pads clickity clackity on 404sx
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 4:29 am 

sp pads are garbagio
i kick myself every day for not buying an mpc3k or 2k back when i copped my 303 in 2015
the prices on vintage audio equipment have skyrocketed in the past couple years
even copping NOS cro2 tapes breaks the fucking bank
i have like 10 cassette decks that are all busted
really need to open them up and revive them junts

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 3:20 pm 

zendan wrote:
sp pads are garbagio
i kick myself every day for not buying an mpc3k or 2k back when i copped my 303 in 2015

I gotta tell you I feel the same way right now for buying my 404sx. 3000 was more expensive but not by much, but now I have to do what I can with what I have

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:41 pm 

Kardop wrote:
zendan wrote:
sp pads are garbagio

I gotta tell you I feel the same way right now for buying my 404sx. 3000 was more expensive but not by much, but now I have to do what I can with what I have

pfffttt u can get a 404sx brand new for $400
the cheapest mpc3k on ebay rn is $4000!!!!
i chose to buy a car instead lmfao

ay don't get me wrong tho, the sp404sx is a ridiculously powerful machine
maybe go for the fat pads (i've never tried em)

damn there's a used mpc2kxl on ebay for almost $1000 rn that's lookin pretty good tho (ofc shipping from japan)

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:17 pm 

zendan wrote:
Kardop wrote:
zendan wrote:
sp pads are garbagio

pfffttt u can get a 404sx brand new for $400
the cheapest mpc3k on ebay rn is $4000!!!!

Oh I actually meant the MPC1000 which I think is probably the best cost/efficiency

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:02 pm 

maybe it's just me but the mpc1000 has always seemed like a glorified/overpriced midi drum pad to me. i don't see the point of it when i could just cop an mpd for $100

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:34 am 

Kardop wrote:
Do you guys have pads that go down twice? When I press on a pad it clicks once and shifts to one side, that usually triggers the pad, and then if I press on it with more force it clicks again and goes down fully. Don't know if this is the standard I just find it weird and uncomfortable. It has been like that since I got it.

Your pad is, most likely, teared or has a hole on the bottom part of that pad specifically.

The only MPC I opened was a 500 since any workeable MPCs around here cost a car as Zendan said, but there is no secret to it if you know how to use a screwdriver.

Edit: I decided to check again and I saw the MPC part was not related at all lol. Sameway, I opened a bunch of SPs already, pads are pretty much all the same regarding the below.

If you're into that, try to open it and check because it could also be dirt and grease.

Depending on how it's looking you could also try to add some duck tape to hold the thing or to "make it fatter" at the bottom and stop it from doing whatever it's doing to cause what you said. I guess there's a tutorial somewhere around here or mpc forums.