It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

Post subject: Best distribution platform? (& a question about IG bans)
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:19 pm 

My biggest following is on Soundcloud, but the majority of those users haven't been active since 2017. I recently managed to amass a comparable following on Instagram thanks to shelling out the dough for sponsored posts, but just 30 minutes ago, Instagram gave me a notice that my account may be deleted because I said "bitch" in a comment.

Does anyone here have experience dealing with Instagram bans or shadowbans and know how to avoid them? There is literally only a total of 5 violations on my account over a massive amount of time, and they're all for "inappropriate" comments. I can't believe I could be banned for this bullshit, especially when I'm lining Fuckerberg's pockets sponsoring my posts.

Thanks to the fact that my only viable fanbase is at risk of disappearing, I'm going to finally try to reach out and distribute my music "properly." Can anyone with experience here please give me some advice on distribution platforms? I'm clueless when it comes to this shit.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

Post subject: Re: Best distribution platform? (& a question about IG bans)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:33 am 

disclaimer: i don't currently or ever plan to make a living off my music or art. side cash from them is my way to just buy more gear and instruments.

imo if your account is already flagged a bunch, you're prob better off just starting a new account.

it's all a game about playing the algorithm and the fb ai.
and like any game, there are rules and social engineering.
unless you got a lot of time and money to burn, you really can't "win."

plus getting people to actually buy shit or perform any sort of conversion from IG to a website, webstore, or even another profile is like pulling teeth. it doesn't seem like it would make any financial or lasting impact until you get over 10k legit followers.

i've been doing a few tests on this new account and whatnot cause it's interesting to me. i made this new account and was able to organically grow 2.5k followers in the last 5 months by trying a bunch of things native to the platform. i'd say maybe a quarter are prob russian/china bots building followers so they can punk people later on.

i dropped some money into the promos. only certain types of posts that get promo'd become successful and bring engagement. so there's that aspect too which can be kind of lame and boring.

i can get into it on here but people generally get all poo poo about social media discussions. drop me a dm or email if you want to talk more about it.

basically, the social media hustle is kind of fruitless and takes up way too much time and energy. i think most people are burnt-out with those things on both sides. at least i'm burnt out. i'd rather just focus on making shit outside of social media and not giving a fuck.

i think its better to join some local or online community that actually supports their members and grow from there. with things like discord and twitch it's pretty easy to do online sets/shows with whatever community you find. its more fun and fulfilling that way.

im sure sp-forums could def do something similar since there's already a forum and consistent battles, but someone has to do the legwork to get it all setup and that can also turn into a second job. the more successful groups i've joined have a few people running everything and everyone else contributes where they can.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:18 am 

Bandit Lu wrote:
imo if your account is already flagged a bunch, you're prob better off just starting a new account.

that's the thing tho; they're only reported COMMENTS. i've never had a single reported post!! fucking ridiculous. i'm hoping that warning wasn't serious, but it did sound serious. i'm tryna stop commenting on shit, but i have crippling OCD smfh and i've already spent too much time and money on growing the account. i have a very active following, and they are super amiable. i actually take the time to interact with them, and they appreciate it. soooo many of them keep asking me to post shit to spotify, and it really pisses me off god damn it
Bandit Lu wrote:
it's all a game about playing the algorithm and the fb ai.
and like any game, there are rules and social engineering.
unless you got a lot of time and money to burn, you really can't "win."

i've seriously been trying to game the youtube algorithm, but no fruit so far. it only worked ONCE, and i prolly have almost 10k plays on that one video
Bandit Lu wrote:
plus getting people to actually buy shit or perform any sort of conversion from IG to a website, webstore, or even another profile is like pulling teeth. it doesn't seem like it would make any financial or lasting impact until you get over 10k legit followers.

i did it successfully before!!!! i generated $400 in revenue over the course of like a month or two!!!!! tragedy struck my life, and i couldn't keep it up and running. lost everything. such a fucking shame, if a certain someone hadn't chosen to fuck me over at the time, my life might be completely different right now. life really is a bitch
Bandit Lu wrote:
i think its better to join some local or online community that actually supports their members and grow from there. with things like discord and twitch it's pretty easy to do online sets/shows with whatever community you find. its more fun and fulfilling that way.

i did a couple live sets on rpan once. people liked it, but i didn't get many views. if i did all the fancy stuff people are doing to make their streams look nice and entertaining, that could probably be a viable endeavor. if you know anything about how to set that shit up, please hit my DMs on IG @lameflip or reddit @nu75ack
and if you know any communities on discord, please hook it up
much appreciated man

i'm actually recording a video right now, a tutorial on my process of producing hip hop with hardware, hopefully almost done recording and will be able to edit it tonight, but i doubt it. i started filming it 3 days ago, 2 days ago completely scrapped everything and started over

i'm thinking maybe if i start posting tutorials on youtube, i might be able to gain a following. so many clout-chasing posers out there that want an edge in the fake "lofi" scene

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:53 am 

yu get any further with that video? @zendan