It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

Post subject: Distribution
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:50 pm 

Used to distribute through distrokid, in my opinion I’m not too much of a fan of their service (as of now). What do you guys use? Any more open services out there, like it doesn’t make sense to me why distrokid needs the words of the name etc on the cover art when I’ve seen others publish music w simple images and no words etc etc haha :)

*UPDATE after talking to some friends who use distrokid, they pay for a slightly more expensive package which seems to let them get away with having no titling in the artwork, when I used to always have artwork rejected and told i needed to add the title in it etc etc. interesting

Last edited by Jaytreaze on Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Distribution
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:12 pm 

Like two years ago Landr sent me an email. They were offering some free months for Brazilian people to try their service and sent emails to random brazilian peeps on their data sheet I guess.

I don't know why, maybe that the person who had the idea was fired or something, my subscription wasn't ever cancelled and I can still upload stuff on Spotify and shit without paying a buck... so, I stuck with Landr. However, they service sucks. I pretty much don't get any money from Spotify but their Sync with the platforms is terrible. It takes months for you to be able to see where your music is being played and all that. It's easier to just go into your Artist dashboard on spotify to get actual information.

The money also takes like three months.

They have a pretty good sample library tho.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:51 pm 

Yeah I've looked into Landr but still unsure. I still don't get to this day why some people can upload projects with cover art with no title names on it but on Distrokid you HAVE to, thats one question I'll always need answering haha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 pm 

Yeah, maybe that the person who had the idea was fired or something