It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:55 pm

Post subject: Help lol
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:28 am 

I really really dislike my beats that I am making. I have been using the 404 for ages now and I really want to get a style close to mujos new sound, almost like brenky. I LOVE hidden forest by mujo and wondered if anyone had any tips on anything, samples drums mixing, I suck at it all, please help :lol:. Any help would be appreciated

Post subject: Re: Help lol
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:07 am 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
The only advice I'll offer is if you dislike the beats your making you need to keep at it, eventually you'll be making ones you do like.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere but no ones gonna hold your hand for you.

With regards to Mujo.. If you're really insistent on trying to sound that way just buy some old Bill Evans and Gary Burton albums to sample .
The formula used is pretty basic and somewhat limited, although that's just my opinion, obviously .

But remember the following ,its important.

Sampling... its a state of mind.

It's also a B.Y.O.T. affair...that translates as 'Bring Your Own Thing'.

And honestly, don't ever try to copy anyone else's style because by the time you've mastered it they'll probably have moved on musically and you'll inevitably just end up sounding like a clone.

Have fun.

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

Last edited by Danswift on Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:07 am 

Thanks man, means a lot for someone to reply, I get where youre coming from with the unique sounding thing, cause I make electronic music that i really enjoy, i just cant get the right lofi sort of sound i want. Either way, thank you so much for your help i will definitaly keep it n mind, and ill share a link once i have anything up :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:15 am 

the key to good one shot drum sequencing is gonna be EQing those hits

a lot of mujo's work is low sample rate and vinyl sim compressed

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:21 pm 

I'll add my two cents even after Dan giving you the golden tips and Zendan the basic recipe. I'm idle af right now.

If you want to emulate someone, grab the BPM of the songs you like. This can be huge if you're used to play stuff on faster or slower tempos.

Also, there are two sides to what you said. Lo-Fi can be a shitty sample rate or can be a cheesy rhode/piano jazz loop (as Zendan said). We all like both one way or another.

Listen to Mojo's stuff and take notes about what catches your attention so you can try to reproduce that.

Do some beats with what you noted, learn, get bored, and go do your own stuff using what you learned.