It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Post subject: 404SX Save/Load Back Up Data Help
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:54 pm 

My current workflow on the SP404sx is that I treat each bank button as an individual project i.e. I’ll use Bank A for sample chops, then bank F for drums, I then use the pattern sequencer to build my beats. I’ll follow this process for all remaining banks which would then give me 5 projects in total. I’ve always then tracked each project out to my DAW, I’ll then format my SD card, and then go again.

I’ve recently moved and haven’t got the space for all my studio equipment in my new place. All I have is literally my SP and my iPad, I do not have the equipment available to track each project out to a DAW, or back up my SD card. As I have now run out of banks I know I’ll need to start a whole new program. If I was to save the entire program to save slot 1, then delete each sample and sequence, then build another 5 beats, and then save that program to save slot 2, will I then be able to go and load up the program saved on save slot 1 with all my samples and sequences intact with how I initially saved them?

I have read the manual and it does say this is the case, however I was wondering if anyone could confirm as I really don’t want to lose my work. I have also seen other users saying it only saves sample banks A and B, which is why I’m looking for reassurance, however i think this might only be on the 404 OG.

Thanks in advance for any advice/guidance you can give!