It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Post subject: rapper beats getting weirder, influence ¿
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:29 pm 

yo just some general thoughts, people who always digged the new "sp gen" wave where it gets weirder, glitchier, more freeeee, SLF tapes microwaved meows etc. you know the deal. I see FINALLY after so many years rappers taking steps to rap to kinda similar beats that thank god arent cookie cutter type anime thumbnail beats. (there are a few exceptions like shabazz palaces but they are on a whole another vibe imo)
I find it interesting that so many years later people adapt to these kind of beats and i really enjoy it. but why so late. an earl sweatshirt hangs around with samiyam whos for me still a walmart version of CULP and other synth destroyers in this forum. :lol:
sp forums type stuff was always next level due to crazy talented cats who dont get shine or dont want shine, now theres rappers who will get shine yeaaars later for being so "next level and experimental". its cool but it still pisses me kinda off, since the level was already here years ago. still love for these rappers who take risks or make just stuff like that sounds good to them no matter how marketable it is tho.

for example listen to this: (all clickable links)

Earl Sweatshirt - NoWhere2Go the overall reaction of most casual rap listeners or even fans of the artist was like what the fuck is this beat and i was yes this is what i was craving to hear in rap.
another example is earl - solace (click me)
which reminded me kinda of nipple tapes.

or mike, my fav album of his: May God Bless Your Hustle
forward thinking beat making for rap, i love it, released 2017
nother recs are ade hakim, medhane / slauson malone (who just released this great project a few days ago https://slausonmalone.bandcamp.com/album/a-quiet-farwell-2016-2018

another one, beat is insane to rap on
Earl - Peanut
i just feel like theres some type of influence of all these music that people created here that (so far niche, earl is pretty known tho) rap gets into such a direction, even though they may never heard of this stuff. maybe they have? or am i just crazy? butterfly effect? duality? :mrgreen:

if you have other recs or thoughts dont hide them :idea:
also why was there no sp-404 day thread :|, roland promoted it with dibia$e, ras G etc

Post subject: Re: rapper beats getting weirder, influence ¿
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:51 pm 

Everyone's trying to be Tuna

Post subject: Re: rapper beats getting weirder, influence ¿
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:25 pm 

they wish :!: but why didnt they try it before :idea: just an interestering direction where rap in general is going and all these forum cats definitely have a low key butterfly kinda effect on the direction of some of these beats even if they dont know it.. sure theres ppl like knxwledge but its a different kind of sound, sampling, vibe, and there are of course plenty of other soundcloud producers but if im comparing the uploaded dates then i realize who are the OG cats in this specific kind of sound, they're/were here. had to chuckle when this video style even reminded me of microwavedmeows humanmanwich type channels. :lol:

https://youtu.be/cMaIjdfsRrs