It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: What's the point?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:54 am 

we're a few enerations into hip-hop and sample-music's history now, it's not suprising some stuff gets forgotten or misinterpreted over the years...

but it's kinda funny hearing someone schooling the OP about not knowing their shit about hip hop, immediatley after saying they don't know who the Bomb Squad is :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:09 pm 

symatic wrote:
we're a few enerations into hip-hop and sample-music's history now, it's not suprising some stuff gets forgotten or misinterpreted over the years...

but it's kinda funny hearing someone schooling the OP about not knowing their shit about hip hop, immediatley after saying they don't know who the Bomb Squad is :)

do you really think it's a big deal that i don't know what the producers of a group i don't fuck with call themselves?.....

i know public enemy

it's like saying someone is dumb for not knowing eminem's real name if they don't like his music

anyway, i don't pride myself in knowing information that is useless to me :b

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:53 pm 

Thanks for your input everyone. I think I know exactly what this forum is all about now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 pm 

bomb squad .. produced alot of Public Enemy vintage material

i feel the board needs a face lift .. too many music posts to keep track . if there was a radio .. where each member could post up new tracks and they randomly played on the site through flash ( or the likes ) .. that is the way forward to stumbling onto a new fav'

OP .. there's only so much back and forth you can have on the same topic .

i don't feel there's much discussion outside the primary net of convo ( please prove me wrong )

ps Lil Wayne dropped Carter 5!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:09 pm 

Haha, yeah zendan is a peach, g.

He's blocked me though, so he'll never know I've been giving his beats away for free to wack SoundCloud rappers. To be fair most of them have just laughed at his lame 'beats'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:58 pm 

Our democracy and human rights are at risk and y’all trying to figure out whether or not it’s pointless to post on an online music forum.
:cry:

It was cool when the community was here. People were real and supportive, but that’s mostly gone now due to huge egos taking over spreading vitriol and just gorilla promoting their music to no end. That’s all cool and all tho, I don’t want to be that crotchety old dude.

Such is life.

Peace.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:23 pm 

I just noticed that this post will be a symbolic 444.

Here's to my last post.

It's kind of fitting.

Good luck in life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:26 am 

SMUDGE wrote:
Thanks for your input everyone. I think I know exactly what this forum is all about now.

I think you have now gotten a sour and bad taste from what this forum offers.

The guy talking shit above, was born after hiphop was dead yet he is the almighty source of all hiphop. yet he does not know as simple as public enemy's lyrics are they were preached to reach others. They are the origination of hiphop just like the simple lyrics of NWA starting gangster rap on the west. To him the Sugar Hill gang is a joke. But, we all can't be spoiled little know it all junkie bitches.

As for me 90's hiphop is the shit. I don't feel like the freedom to sample changed until 2000.

Your sp sampler is used to sample. Sample whatever the fuck you want and post that shit up. It doesn't need to be hiphop. A sampler is a sampler and the real heads on here will give you props for flipping a Katy Perry song, the little bitch made motherfuckers will continue to post about how you don't know what this shit is about.

Danswift
TheGreat
Symatic
Ghostbazz
Yuba

All got good shit to say and I would hope none of the fellas listed above would cut you down for any thoughts you have to say in a forum called "freedom of speech"

I as well as the others hope you decide to stay and contribute to this forum.

Da Crane.

Quote:
Symatic: SHOW THE FUCK UP. GET INVLOVED.
That's what it is all about, fuck the negative little bitches.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:58 am 

yo it got weird
i may have seemed defensive but i thought the OP liked old school rap music and in a roundabout way, was suggesting they post some here. bc there are more people lurking that will listen. its a chill forum here. worst thing could happen is it could get ignored just cuz

after posting i pick apart my answers some. its why i hardly post.
i would walkback the tip n tricks being maxed out. there could be more who knows. i believe the 404 could be condensed into 8 pages or so. 202 not so much new tricks lets b real :mrgreen:

this post got me wondering how spforums is dif from others so it was insightful. i not debating whats the point of it all though. if u want it to change u got to post more. building the forum u seek or something deeper than that

i think the OP said not interested in hiphop much so seems strange to argue it here
it is freedom of speech tho yeehaw :mrgreen:

maybe "whats the point" is just too sensational headline in any context. it gets an automatic react

peace go easy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:00 am 

Crane wrote:
SMUDGE wrote:

I think you have now gotten a sour and bad taste from what this forum offers.

The guy talking shit above, was born after hiphop was dead yet he is the almighty source of all hiphop. yet he does not know as simple as public enemy's lyrics are they were preached to reach others. They are the origination of hiphop just like the simple lyrics of NWA starting gangster rap on the west. To him the Sugar Hill gang is a joke. But, we all can't be spoiled little know it all junkie bitches.

As for me 90's hiphop is the shit. I don't feel like the freedom to sample changed until 2000.

Your sp sampler is used to sample. Sample whatever the fuck you want and post that shit up. It doesn't need to be hiphop. A sampler is a sampler and the real heads on here will give you props for flipping a Katy Perry song, the little bitch made motherfuckers will continue to post about how you don't know what this shit is about.

Danswift
TheGreat
Symatic
Ghostbazz
Yuba

All got good shit to say and I would hope none of the fellas listed above would cut you down for any thoughts you have to say in a forum called "freedom of speech"

I as well as the others hope you decide to stay and contribute to this forum.

Da Crane.

Quote:
Symatic: SHOW THE FUCK UP. GET INVLOVED.
That's what it is all about, fuck the negative little bitches.

i never said it was a joke, what i was trying to say was that it doesn't have as much intrinsic value as a more complex production/song (lyrics)

i listen to some really old hip hop
especially boogie down productions is my shit, and i do actually fuck with ll cool j
i was just trying to prove a point!!
i never said you couldn't use an sp for anything you want to use it for. i've used my sp to record live music for my original compositions, that weren't hip hop.

i didn't like the way this guy dissed wu tang clan on a (basically) hip hop forum

that is sacrilegious.

anyways, just voicing my opinion on the "freedom of speech" sub forum

also, you're a stuck up piece of shit asshole and i don't give a damn what you have to say about me!

you are childish in the fact that, if you don't like what i have to say,

mind your god damned business you stupid cunt.

personally attacking someone when they were talking about non-personal shit is the most childish thing anyone could do.

i pity you and your petty mindset.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:06 am 

calling me negative is hypocritical .

i see the fact that this guy talked NEGATIVE shit about mf doom, madlib, wu tang as NEGATIVE talk

people demonize me and it's annoying as fuck.

i have the right to voice my opinion as much as anyone else

people don't fuck with the fact that i came on this forum and switched shit up and stirred shit up. oldheads don't like new ideas.

i feel sorry for you man
so much hate inside of you

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:07 am 

YUBA wrote:
yo it got weird
i may have seemed defensive but i thought the OP liked old school rap music and in a roundabout way, was suggesting they post some here. bc there are more people lurking that will listen. its a chill forum here. worst thing could happen is it could get ignored just cuz

after posting i pick apart my answers some. its why i hardly post.
i would walkback the tip n tricks being maxed out. there could be more who knows. i believe the 404 could be condensed into 8 pages or so. 202 not so much new tricks lets b real :mrgreen:

this post got me wondering how spforums is dif from others so it was insightful. i not debating whats the point of it all though. if u want it to change u got to post more. building the forum u seek or something deeper than that

i think the OP said not interested in hiphop much so seems strange to argue it here
it is freedom of speech tho yeehaw :mrgreen:

maybe "whats the point" is just too sensational headline in any context. it gets an automatic react

peace go easy

these are very valid points. very astute. thank you for your contribution.

IIIII wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:39 pm 

Attachment:
c825db5327f338cd110f9f1b13718a0d.jpeg
c825db5327f338cd110f9f1b13718a0d.jpeg [ 20.95 KiB | Viewed 5068 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:10 pm 

Not reading the OP I’m not sure what the point is but what I can say with overwhelming confidence is all it takes is one dude to turn this place toxic.

SP-404SX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:59 pm 

@Crane .

i been on this forum since the 2013 era . everybody entitled to how they view others . never the less .

i was actually a big listener of other people's stuff and encouraging others . lately there's alot of back and forth for no reason ..

most people are here to chop it up about equipment n shit . board probably gone a bit flat since there are no new samplers of the SP ilq' popping up .

peace 1 1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next