It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: SP-404 MK2?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:18 am 

Got some insider news. It might change so take it with a grain of salt.

Those who got on board for the first batch will most likely receive their SP by Oct. 30th. Right now, the preorders for the 2nd and 3rd batch, are expected by December.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:23 am 

SP-USER wrote:
The Dark Crystal (The Original 1982 movie) is one of my favourite movies of all time as well :mrgreen:

Saw it at the Cinema as a kid and own it on various formats now. I even have the limited edition soundtrack and I tell you what bro, ask The Chamberlain what he thinks of the new Roland SP-404MKII and I'm pretty damn sure he'd reply with something along the lines of ...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :lol:

I went to a rave called The Dark Crystal once, and one dj even played the soundtrack on the decks! It made the hairs on my arm stand to attention! (Ya know when certain tracks do that. Just give you a certain vibe because of the frequency just makes you tingle)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:44 am 

I get goosebumps from that soundtrack as it is so that must have been a very nice experience!!!

And man, from what Ill Green just pointed out about delivery dates and such, it looks like I won't be getting my hands on one until at least January 2022 since I never pre-ordered. Won't be too bad though, I'm just gonna sit back and watch videos of you lot bashing away at it until the retailers catch up with demand!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:27 pm 

There’s gonna be movies worth of mk2 footage in 2022. Everyone’s gonna make their beats online!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:44 pm 

If you guys haven't preordered yet but looking to cop when in-stock, I suggest to hound MusiciansFriend, GuitarCenter and PerfectCircuit in the next couple weeks.

In my experience with new releases hot as this, I noticed the above sites will carry them for online shoppers for a brief period. Big stores like those tend to get customers cancelling their preorders for whatever reason, and so it goes online for sale just to complete their quota.

Happened to me with the MPC Live, Digitakt and the Volca Sample 2. I preordered but ending up cancelling because those sites had the 1st batch in stock in time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:00 pm 

We have different stores in the UK, but you can bet your nuts I'll be keeping an eye on 'em :lol:

It's funny really, now that I know they've released a machine that will actually work for me, I feel quite relaxed and don't mind waiting until January too much. At least it does what I want it to do and it works in the way I want it to work, and that's just awesome!

So I don't mind waiting too much, unlike some I could mention who just found out delivery is gonna take another year in space travel to reach their planet ...

Attachments:
TheDarkCrystal.gif
TheDarkCrystal.gif [ 418.07 KiB | Viewed 2494 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:51 pm 

Oh so you from the UK SP-User?

I thought you were from the States somewhere.

I never saw a comment like "mate" "take the piss" "bloody" from you.

Not that it matters, but if you opened my mind and see how people in forums appear and sound to me...

I would shop at Thomann if they weren't across the Atlantic from me. The quotes they give me are way below our US prices. And they have assured me that in my location, I do not pay VAT. For the MK2, they quoted me for $479.00 USD, shipping included :shock: I had to call them to make sure, and the sweet lady, Maga, confirmed the price. Only thing, January was the release date. So I stayed with my preorder here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:24 am 

Ill Green wrote:
Oh so you from the UK SP-User?

I thought you were from the States somewhere.

I never saw a comment like "mate" "take the piss" "bloody" from you.

Bloody hell, you taking the piss or what, mate? :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:35 pm 

Nah, we’re just imitating your accent online. Kinda harder to do that from words vs speech. You spell things like colour vs color, a fag is a cigarette where you’re from, a fag here is a homosexual here….Subtle differences in our language we call English!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 pm 

I wouldn't nit pick about mkii they nailed it. I got to beta test it so if something wasn't right they corrected it. remember it has firmware updates too so that means it can get new features added.

https://m.soundcloud.com/mr-dibiase

https://mrdibiase.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:06 pm 
Producer of the Year '09 + Tape of the Year '09 + 202 Award Winner '09

dollarllama d wrote:
I wouldn't nit pick about mkii they nailed it. I got to beta test it so if something wasn't right they corrected it. remember it has firmware updates too so that means it can get new features added.

Thats awesome you were able to beta test it.
Whats your new favorite feature?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:17 pm 

LORD BEATJITZU wrote:
dollarllama d wrote:

Thats awesome you were able to beta test it.
Whats your new favorite feature?

many features like skipback which memorizes what u was triggering. resampling pattern mode. resampling pattern chain. the pitch is good. dj mode is crazy for beat sets. u can record video directly to iphone with usb c cord. i plug sp directly to ig live and plug mic into sp. the sp is a sound interface. multiple efx bus so you dont need numerous sp chains for that compression. the amount of things is does for 500 is insane. it was comical seeing the comments nitpicking months ago when this the faceplate leaked. lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:25 pm 

Attachment:
IMG_6168.JPG
IMG_6168.JPG [ 47.77 KiB | Viewed 2394 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_6192.jpg
IMG_6192.jpg [ 358.83 KiB | Viewed 2394 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:44 pm 

I wonder what the first tip and trick posted onto sp404mkII tips n tricks will be haha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:51 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:
I wonder what the first tip and trick posted onto sp404mkII tips n tricks will be haha

I probably should set that as well lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 37  Next