It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:38 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:52 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Des Moines, WA
The caveat of the SP808 is you can only play 4 pads at once. In theory, yes you can bounce a few into 1 pad, or just carefully sequence them into your recording to the zip disc. But if you want a smoother running unit, ditch the Zip drive for the card reader.

_________________
Livin my life in da underground


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:58 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 pm
Posts: 638
Location: dallas
Headphones wrote:
The caveat of the SP808 is you can only play 4 pads at once. In theory, yes you can bounce a few into 1 pad, or just carefully sequence them into your recording to the zip disc. But if you want a smoother running unit, ditch the Zip drive for the card reader.


by this, do you mean it has a 4 note polyphony or an 8 note

_________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
HAWTKARL wrote:
The last thing we need is another utube sampling digital lo-fi anime beat maker.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:03 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Des Moines, WA
I kinda forgot, so you should look it up, because I don’t want to steer you wrong. If anyone else wants to chime in and state the truth, they can. I bought one with the extra input/output card when it came out. A part of me wants to say 4 pad polyphony, but I don’t wanna look foolish if I’m wrong. If you feel me?

_________________
Livin my life in da underground


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:55 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:22 pm
Posts: 1487
Location: Tacompton
Polyphony in this case is based on the number of voices. A pad that triggers a stereo sample equals 2 voices, whereas a pad that triggers a mono sample equals 1 voice. A track that is recorded in stereo equals 2, and a mono track equals 1. The 808 has 8 voice poly, so any combination of sound from tracks and pads can’t exceed 8.

I think the machine has a couple exceptions to this tho, in that playing all 4 tracks at once, whether mono or stereo, will blank out the sample pads. I think there r a few other quirky situations where the math gets thrown off a bit.

It does have mute groups tho, which can limit the chance of accidental sample overlap making voices cut out.

_________________
The Falling Man’s Parachute - 21 min., graphic novel inspired concept album

SOUNDCLOUD


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:21 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 pm
Posts: 638
Location: dallas
ghost bazz wrote:
Polyphony in this case is based on the number of voices. A pad that triggers a stereo sample equals 2 voices, whereas a pad that triggers a mono sample equals 1 voice. A track that is recorded in stereo equals 2, and a mono track equals 1. The 808 has 8 voice poly, so any combination of sound from tracks and pads can’t exceed 8.

I think the machine has a couple exceptions to this tho, in that playing all 4 tracks at once, whether mono or stereo, will blank out the sample pads. I think there r a few other quirky situations where the math gets thrown off a bit.

It does have mute groups tho, which can limit the chance of accidental sample overlap making voices cut out.


thanks ghost bazz! 8 note is actually very decent. my 303 is 8 note, and it's more than enough for me.

my 202 is 4 note and i still manage :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/zendanisdead
HAWTKARL wrote:
The last thing we need is another utube sampling digital lo-fi anime beat maker.

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

"If you want that '90s sound, record at 12 bit as HOT as you can."


Last edited by zendan on Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:28 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Austin TX
Image

nothing new but the turntable, stands and monitors.

wish i didn't have to work so much so i could enjoy using it.

Image

an alternate config i had when i was teaching myself to drum.

_________________
Boss SP-505,
Roland SP-606,
Korg microSTATION,
FLStudio 20 & Akai Fire,
UbuntuStudio / KXStudio,
https://soundcloud.com/mr-thraz


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:06 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:57 pm
Posts: 254
Location: Austin TX
Image


I just got Fire!

Don't judge me!! :P

_________________
Boss SP-505,
Roland SP-606,
Korg microSTATION,
FLStudio 20 & Akai Fire,
UbuntuStudio / KXStudio,
https://soundcloud.com/mr-thraz


Last edited by mr.thraz on Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:43 pm
Posts: 7422
Location: France-Italy
just an advice: if those are studio monitors (not just for listen, to be clear) they shoud have more or less the same high of your ears when you sit down...

_________________
http://illtrovatore.bandcamp.com/
Youtube
http://www.myspace.com/illtrovatore


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:02 pm 
Member

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 39
Added another synth to the group :mrgreen:

_________________
http://www.BanditLu.com


Last edited by Bandit Lu on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:30 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 265
Bandit Lu wrote:
Added another synth to the group :mrgreen:


Ah the Moog Matriarch. 4 voice polyphonic synth with an ALL ANALOG signal path. Do you have a mixer with a lot of inputs or is it just plugging things in and out?

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:57 pm 
Member

Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:13 pm
Posts: 39
My audio interface has a bunch of inputs and I also have a line mixer if I want to multi track things into a sampler.

But generally if im working on just the sp303 i just plug and unplug the headphone outs

_________________
http://www.BanditLu.com


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:29 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:15 am
Posts: 265
final upgrade.


Attachments:
Photo 2020-01-24, 8 45 24 PM.jpg
Photo 2020-01-24, 8 45 24 PM.jpg [ 2.18 MiB | Viewed 2592 times ]

_________________
http://thesisdrs.bandcamp.com
@thesisdrs on all social media platforms!
Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 774
Location: Gothenburg SE
I've become a tenant at the Elementstudion, a professional recording studio in my hometown, and the main hub for experimental/electronic music in west Sweden. Tenants have access to and can use every piece of gear in the place. No shortage of synths and keys, as you can see! Stoked...

I've pared the home-studio setup to midi-controller running Ableton, op1 and SP-303 combo for beats, all the other SP's are now at Element and will be used in my experimental work, processing feedback loops in the rig you can see in the photo I accidentally didn't resize.
The last photo is my playing-partners setup, featuring the https://www.landscape.fm/stereofield/ noise synth. Good times ahead...


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/l_i_f
https://l-i-f.bandcamp.com/
_________________

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:40 am 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Des Moines, WA
l i f wrote:
I've become a tenant at the Elementstudion, a professional recording studio in my hometown, and the main hub for experimental/electronic music in west Sweden. Tenants have access to and can use every piece of gear in the place. No shortage of synths and keys, as you can see! Stoked...

I've pared the home-studio setup to midi-controller running Ableton, op1 and SP-303 combo for beats, all the other SP's are now at Element and will be used in my experimental work, processing feedback loops in the rig you can see in the photo I accidentally didn't resize.
The last photo is my playing-partners setup, featuring the https://www.landscape.fm/stereofield/ noise synth. Good times ahead...


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



I just gotta say, get me a small closet I can put clothes in, a bed or couch to crash on, and a bathroom to piss/crap/shower in, and most likely, I would never leave such a studio. Just spend every waking moment making music, learning studio secrets, making sounds, recording bands/singers/rappers, whatever.

Good luck man, I’m jealous!

_________________
Livin my life in da underground


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
 Post subject: Re: Studio Pics
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:17 pm 
Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:47 am
Posts: 774
Location: Gothenburg SE
Yah thx man, in an ideal world I would do the self-same thing!

Access to this studio is costing me approx 200USD per month, so I won't be giving up my dayjob anytime soon (between that and the $1000 p/m my apartment costs!)... but I am spending as much time as I can there to make it worth it. After a lifetime of dingy rehearsal spaces, basements and garages it's LUX LUX being in a place that's clean, let alone all the GEAR...

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/l_i_f
https://l-i-f.bandcamp.com/
_________________

SP-808 | SP-202 | SP-303 | SP-555 | SP-404sx | OP-1 | Ableton 10 | Tascam 244 | Adobe Audition 1.5


Offline
 Profile  
Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ormo and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: