It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

Post subject: Re: Couple of free bandcamp D/L’s
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:31 pm 

kinda sucks that praise and discussion about asha's music is going to get drowned out by soliloquies so ill reiterate so its not lost... tape loops 2 was a rlly good listen, the textures and ambience are very tim hecker-esque but then you got your beat style punch thru when those drums come in:) very thick and beefy sounds i like it!

Just wondering which artists youd say inspired you on this project?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:30 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:
kinda sucks that praise and discussion about asha's music is going to get drowned out by soliloquies ...

It's not a "soliloquy", it's a reply that was addressed specifically to Asha, and for the record, the constant hints you keep dropping in an attempt to make me leave the forum, won't work. There are more people on here that agree with my views than you think, but most of them communicate privately.

If you don't like or agree with what I post, ignore it, simple as that. And before you reply with the only stereotypical reply can reply with, that applies to wherever I have posted it. If you don't like what I post, don't read my posts. I realise this is something of a phenomena for the irrepairably brain-washed these days, it goes by the name of "Cancel Culture" I believe, but you should at least give ignoring my posts a shot if they're too much for you.

What's quite amusing about your post is that I was the first person in this thread to actually listen to and comment on Asha's music, so how about you quit trying your best to make me look like some sort of disruptive asshole?

I think it's time for some more "chill" bruh, don't you agree?

In fact, just to piss you off a little, here's some chill from an SP-FORUMS member who actually uses an SP-555 (I hope Asha don't mind), as well as a comment from a certain homie on here who all along, had the right idea about what sort of gear is actually worth getting excited about (Zindan) while the rest of us were getting sucked-in by that hopeless new MKII.

Selga on SP-555:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMHpBCU9pkE

Attachments:
Zindan SP-555 Love.jpg
Zindan SP-555 Love.jpg [ 26.29 KiB | Viewed 2906 times ]
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:35 pm 

Jaytreaze wrote:
kinda sucks that praise and discussion about asha's music is going to get drowned out by soliloquies so ill reiterate so its not lost... tape loops 2 was a rlly good listen, the textures and ambience are very tim hecker-esque but then you got your beat style punch thru when those drums come in:) very thick and beefy sounds i like it!

Just wondering which artists youd say inspired you on this project?

Haha, I dont mind man, if anything its entertaining! Really just the tape loops inspired it themselves! I found a couple of endless phone ones, then made a couple shorter ones and played around with the 4 track, using the vol sliders to being stuff in and out and the pitch on the 4 track! I was listening to Tim Hecker around this time though so maybe it did influence it, tape loop/ambient stuff im general, love fripp and eno, william basinski, la monte young!

http://deathandco.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:04 pm 

asha c wrote:
Haha, I dont mind man, if anything its entertaining!

You're in for plenty more entertainment if you order that SP-555 from abroad, you should see the shit I am dealing with right now!!!

Not only is it going to cost me around £100 more than I thought it would, the antiquated system they use in this country seems to have gobbled-up my fucking parcel and left me in limbo!!!

What a bunch of dumb-fucks. First they tell me it's arrived in the country. Then they tell me it's going through Customs. Then they tell me that Customs has completed and that the parcel is on it's way to me. Then they change their minds and tell me the parcel cannot be delivered until Taxes have been paid. Then they tell me the parcel will be delivered as soon as possible!

And are you ready for this? Nowhere, not anywhere, is there any indication of where I can even pay any due taxes. Nothing, not a text or email received, nothing, what an absolute fucking farce of a system.

I mean only in England, eh?
Only in England, the fucking cowboy-run shit-hole that it has become!

So anyway, I remembered what Run Of The Hind said about waiting for a letter, so I just assumed I must have gotten unlucky and copped for that out-dated bullshit. Asked about it at the Post Office and they looked at me as if I was from outer-fucking-space! Doesn't surprise me though, cause there are no Royal Mail or Parcel Force formatted codes involved anywhere with this thing.

So I think I'm supposed to have received an email or text, but I've received neither despite the fact they have my email address and phone number. I also found out they they keep imported goods for around three weeks, and if the duty is not paid it gets retrurned to the sender!

It's been in the country two fucking days now so even a second-class letter sent by Royal Mail themselves would have reached me by now. It's enough to make your fucking brain melt!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:39 pm 

Phone your local Parcelforce depot, it'll be there.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:48 pm 

Cheers bruh, I haven't phoned them just in case they start wanting card details over the phone (which I will never do), but I located the local depot and used their website enquiry form, so we'll see how it goes.

At least I know they received my enquiry, cause they sent a confirmation email telling me to expect delays and that they hope to respond within two working days. So it looks as if I won't be getting a response from them until Tuesday 22nd.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:26 pm 

asha c wrote:
Let us know how you rate the 555!!!

Well, best I don't go into detail here, but I have two very good bits of news right off!!!

The first is that it does have a proper Pan control (hidden in the effects), one that you can set and leave. But what really surprised me is that it also has a proper pitching control (also hidden in the effects). It's smooth as silk but has one very major problem in that you can only use it to pitch down or back up to the original pitch, but not higher than the original pitch. It's very cool though, very smooth and once you reach a speed of zero, if you keep turning the knob it starts pitching back up again but in reverse, kinda like grabbing a record and forcing it backwards and forwards (so great for doing manual scratches, tape stop and tape start effects).

But yeah, it's finally arrived and man, you should see the amount of labels on the delivery parcel. It looks like Parcelforce only handled it the once in order to deliver it to me, but the rest are all customs labels, one stuck over another, so it was definitely customs who fucked up!

On the plus side, I totally mis-understood the types of tax and the amount of tax I would have to pay, and thankfully it was nowhere near what I thought it would be!

EDIT: The video I posted further up this page, the one by Selga, if you watch the very beginning of it you'll see him using the pitch thing I was talking about!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:12 pm 

Nice! Look forward to hearing what you do with it!!! Isnt that effect just the DJFX Loop thing like on the 404?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:33 pm 

To be honest I don't know :oops:

I suppose it could be, cause that's the effect it uses. When I first got the SP-404A and was going through the effects on it, I came acrosss that one but had no interest in it cause all it seemed to do was chop and stutter and I'd prefer to do stuff like that manually for more control. So I had no interest in it and quickly moved on from it, but like I said I really haven't a clue so it probably is the same as you suspect.

Unless perhaps, as with the Vinyl Sim and Compressor being different on various models, maybe the 555's DJFX is different, I dunno but I suppose Crane would know. Basically though, if you turn two of the knobs to zero so that there is no chopping or stuttering, the remaining knob will behave as follows:

Centre Position = No sound because the sample is stopped.
Clockwise = Speed and Pitch increases from zero to normal pitch.
Anti-Clockwise = Speed and Pitch increases from zero to normal pitch in reverse direction.

If centre position were equal to normal pitch, that would be perfection!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:06 pm 

Yeah thats like the DJFX loop on 404 and others i presume