It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:49 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 am 

agreed. i checked his myspace pages and dude definitely isn't on any bullshit. adru, is there any way i can pick up your album?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:51 am 

i've just been moody lately yall,no disrespect...and i truly appreciate the respect you show me-i promise you-ask detail-half the time i think i suck.so its no big deal.everybody keep doing your things-money-if you wanna cop an album for real,there should be a couple more copies on cdbaby.com/cd/adru

and i'd appreciate the support,i'm down to cheap ramen and pot pies,lol....much respect,peace

www.myspace.com/druphit

www.myspace.com/adruthemisphit

www.myspace.com/beird

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:22 am 

adru, am i gonna pick up on that technique as quickly as everything else on the sp?? it sounds real sick, but also like it could get complicated, plus take up quite a few pads, i was thinkin about it though, and you could use the same concept to place wierd cuts in a sequence too, like if you got a vocal gate coming in at an ackward time, just try and quantize (or just place i guess) the pad right before you want it, and then back up the start point until its comin in where you want, and i know i saw this elsewhere but as long as we are talkin about puttin in space around your drums, if your choppin up wax, which i hope you are, when you resample it, resample it with blank record air around it, so that your drums sound real fluid and not like they end abruptly and cut out to blank air

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:58 pm 

whats the go - is recording air better than turning down the volume of another pad sample and recording that silence around yr drum strike?

I thought that if you recorded "air" you'd actually be recording room rumble and gradually filling up yr mix with mud from the overlapping 'air' from overlapping samples...

I cant mix for crap - thats why I am asking -

from the mags i been reading they been advising to record each sample as sharp and clear as possible - then add a dash of vinyl sim across the final track..

or is this not the way to go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:19 pm 

i'm sure thats a great way, i actually didn't think of that, it depends on what kinda sound you want, i know i have definitely gone over board with some of my beats with samplin record static around my drum hits, i've kinda learned to do it on the last resampling though because otherwise by throwin it through effects to boost your drums you sometimes boost the static too, i didn't think of resamplin it with another pad turned all the way done though, gonna try it as soon as i get home, and also, i'm sure the way the mags said are great too, i haven't had to much time to do everything yet, i'm still learnin as well, i just sample the record static cause i love that raw sound and was tryin to achieve that, i definitely try and find a very quite record static, and turn down the levels alot on it to resample under, just depends on how you want the beat to sound i guess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:42 am 
Winner of Bronze Medal
Winner of Bronze Medal

reverse vocal sample, apply reverb, resample, reverse. cool haunted type voice effect. too bad you can't set start/end points very well in reverse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:29 am 

damn thats clever as fuck, i bet there are alot of cool things you can do with resampling a sample backwards with effects and then flippin it back around, never thought of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:28 am 
303 Award Winner '09

That's a great idea Spacey, I missed that one myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:23 pm 

realized a good use for the reverse resampling technique as soon as i shut down the comp last night, didn't get to try it yet, but i'm sure you can get a really cool fade in delay by applying it when its in reverse and resampling it, might have to resample the reverse first, then add delay and resample again, i don't know how the delay affects a pad with the reverse button lit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:57 am 

yeah, reversed effect lead-ins are great all round,

Putting a reversed reverb leading into a kick after a beat-less section of music sounds really cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:29 am 

as long as we're on using reverse, i realized you can also use it as a track mute by just recording blank air at the end of your sample, of course this could get in the way of the polyphony, but its great for hi hat and bass kicks, snairs too and pretty much anything if you can spare the polyphony

i haven't really tried it would single placed chops, so it could get a little complicated, and of course it doesn't have the appeal of coming in in the middle of a sample like the subsonic mute, but its still pretty useful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:23 am 
303 Award Winner '09

Good info, thanks for adding this Lakai.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:07 am 

i don't know if this has been mentioned, but i was just thinkin about it.

if you want the bpm looper to trigger more than once per bar, double up the tempo of your pattern. so, if anyone doesn't know, sasy you got a 80bpm pattern, make a new one at 160. the 2 falls on the 3 and..yeah, just go halftime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:29 pm 
Most Helpful Member of the Year '09

Spacey wrote:
reverse vocal sample, apply reverb, resample, reverse. cool haunted type voice effect. too bad you can't set start/end points very well in reverse.

It's a bit easier when you tweak the start/end points before applying the reverb, but it's still tricky as it's part of the reverse effect.

Neat trick though!

www.myspace.com/phemoxband
www.myspace.com/phemox
www.soundclick.com/phemox

Post subject: pattern loop and tail end of snare
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:56 am 

sup everyone, im kinda new to the board. big up to everyone creating and playing on this site.

not sure if anyone can find this useful but sometimes instead of using the pattern sequencer ill re-sample a 2-4 bar drum pattern/loop. from my experience it works great for dropping in/out drums. say you have the pattern on pad 1 and your individual hits on 5, 6, 7. say if its looping, stop the loop, and play a change up live with the individual hits. and then get back to the loop.

i started doing this because i couldnt get my drums to hit where id like them to with the sequencer, however im still gonna be open to learn the sequencer. (im aware some people will say your using up too many pads.)

i found this to be great to recreate some tail ends of snares instead of using reverb efx. say you have a snare and you feel that it cuts off too early. take that snare and adjust the start point so that its about 65-80% to the end. just so that you hear the tail end of it. resample that to a pad just beside it(or whatever you choose). now take that tail end and lower the volume of it. now play around with those pads give it a BA-bap play them close together. and once hear something you like resample it.

i learned that tail end trick from my mpc but i would program it via step edit. i dont even use my mpc anymore lol i just use it to trigger samples when i dont have anymore pads on the sp.

i just remember this one, does anyone play with the start/end points and loop button to set you hi hat tempo?? its pretty fun if your into playing live drums.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next