It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am

Post subject: Anyone in here know about coding?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:11 am 

I bought a Korg NTS-1 kit synthesiser but to use as an fx unit, as many people apparently do. As well as the excellent fx that come as stock, 3rd party creators have also made some for the unit that you can download. One was featured on the Korg website, Dotec, and they made 3 fx and gave a bit of a tutorial...

https://www.korg.com/uk/products/dj/nts ... ffects.php

One of them was called stopfx, whch slows down audio like your hand on a record...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzZImYaiKO8

...and seeing that made me realise it'd be perfect to go with an SP - as some of you know, the lack of speed-type pitching is my biggest bugbear about them and having another sampler that can pitch samples into the SP is an extra pita step and expense, whereas the NTS-1 can pitch down in realtime as audio is going through it - perfick.

However, because the range is quite large (normal speed with the knob full to the left, fully stopped with the knob full to the right, and there's a slight jump before it starts detuning too), I figure it'd fine for my purposes and give better tuning resolution if it only went down to about 30% slow at the full right positiion.

The above tutorial seems to indicate that modification is possible and the source code is included in the stopfx download, so I was wondering if there was anyone here who was knowledgeable about such things and could look at it and tell me if it'll be possible to do what I'm hoping as even the tutorial goes WELL over my head. I have messaged the Stopfx creators and also another 3rd party creator but have yet to get a reply and don't expect one.

FANQZ.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

Post subject: Re: Anyone in here know about coding?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:10 am 

Hey SupaSamplaSwappa,

i looked inside the main.c, but i am not skilled enough, although it does not look like a very complicated code.
If others wanna have a look, this is a direct link to the stopfx-project:
https://www.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... /832/4744/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:04 pm 

Thanks for looking TGN! How it is at the moment is certainly good enough for slowing down some drums and just having it alleviates my usual bummedoutness about the SP's lacking of speedpitch, which is great, but I haven't tried tuning anything critical yet, like melodic elements etc or something to a specific BPM, and I think having the, you'd assume, greater resolution of having a max of 30% slower would be better.

Now that I no longer have my vinyl or Technics and have to sample from YouTube, being able to slow down audio in real-time would be a dream for me - I don't like doing it with software (seems fake to me, somehow, even tho it's the same thing, lol - I just prefer hardware across the board!) and recording into another sampler first, tuning and then transferring to the SP either makes the SP seem unnecessary or seems really janky and puts ups another step/barrier in my head (the Zoom would actually be really good for this as it can tune automatically to a BPM you set, once you have it looping...but I don't want two samplers either, lol).

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:45 pm 

Sorted.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!