It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 am

Post subject: Re: SP-404 FX Comparison // MK2 vs SX
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:58 pm 

Location: Out the back.Im digging up the yard and spying on the devil
^^^^

The Op1 Expansion Board isn't 'impossible to find'.

I sold two of those only pretty recently ..one of them to a member of this forum in fact.

https://soundcloud.com/user-58305257

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:58 pm 

zindan wrote:

4 stereo tracks = 8 tracks dumb fuck

dunning-kruger effect on full display

Nah. 4 stereo tracks is 4 stereo tracks. 8 mono tracks, each pannable in the stereo field, and with the ability to record on them individually, is 8 tracks. I didn't use it for long enough to find out, lolz, but I'm betting you could only Balance each of the 4 tracks, not pan the 8 of them, and I know you def couldn't record on them individually...because they are forever linked in pairs.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:12 pm 

Girru wrote:
zindan wrote:

4 stereo tracks = 8 tracks dumb fuck

dunning-kruger effect on full display

Nah. 4 stereo tracks is 4 stereo tracks. 8 mono tracks, each pannable in the stereo field, and with the ability to record on them individually, is 8 tracks. I didn't use it for long enough to find out, lolz, but I'm betting you could only Balance each of the 4 tracks, not pan the 8 of them, and I know you def couldn't record on them individually...because they are forever linked in pairs.

riiiight because you can't record two unique channels in a stereo recording and apparently the defining aspect of a multitrack recorder is the ability/lack of ability to pan tracks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the fact that you're even trying to excuse his stupidity here by flaunting your own is hilarious

"Professional remix-oriented phrase sampler/hard disk audio recorder with 8 tracks (4 stereo audio tracks) and 16 assignable sample pads per bank (64 banks total)" https://www.roland.com/us/products/sp-808/

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:27 am 

8 channel, 4 track.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:09 am 

You can record 2 different mono signals to 1 stereo track and then use the "Center Canceler"-EFX to seperate them and bounce them individually to a track or pad.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:07 pm 

TGN wrote:
You can record 2 different mono signals to 1 stereo track and then use the "Center Canceler"-EFX to seperate them and bounce them individually to a track or pad.

don't bother using logic and reason with someone who is claiming the manufacturers/developers/engineers of a certain product don't know what their own product is :lol: :lol: :lol: he already disagreed with roland themselves, so i don't think explaining simple concepts is going to be of any use with this one

IIIII wrote:
he can turn water into a beat, and feed a thousand dancehalls with only two drumbreaks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:26 pm 

Aye, I bet that WORK AROUND is defo in the manual, lolz.

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:23 am 

I think you'll find it's a 4-Track, 8-Channel design, commonly referred to as "4 Stereo Tracks".

In professional audio, "Channel" is generally used when referring to Pan-related stuff, and "Track" is generally used when referring to recording tracks. This is why mixer specifications are generally described in terms of "channels", and multi-track audio recorders are generally described in terms of "tracks".

What Roland should have written in the specifications is simply "4 Stereo Tracks". Roland are quite messy at times with their literature, so messy in fact, that they actually undersell the MC-101 by refering to it as having "4 Tracks" instead of "4 Stereo Tracks".

I hope that helps to clear-up your confusion, Zindan :wink: