It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:20 am

Post subject: Tidy solution for users of multiple SPs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:00 am 

Word. I'm new here. Rocked a 202 (with a DR202!) from '99 'til '06. I've just said goodbye to my MPC60, so I've decided to pick up a 303, for use with an MS-1 (which was my front-end utility sampler for the '60).

Aaaaaaanyway, I noticed from watching vids over the years that a lot of SP Bods have a couple of different SP models and use them together side-by-side, sampling from one to the other and back again. I've also read that the soldered joints on the phono connectors are a bit naff and can give out. Well, I have a solution...

I was just rearranging my gear and wiring, ready for my new set-up, and was trying to decide if I'd go MS-1 to 303 or vice versa and I remembered a bit of kit I had. I had a couple of these boxes from a while ago coz I was dubbing my own cassette releases and kept one around, just in case...

Well, today I realised it would be perfect for SPs. You connect upto 3 samplers to it, both ins and outs, plus your sample source and monitors/recorder/whatever. You'll be able to send the output of one sampler to one or both of the others' inputs, or even daisy chain 1 to 2 to 3 (or 3 to 1 to 2 etc), and then send what you just sampled back to the sampler from whence it came, all without unplugging anything and at the flick of a dial. Plus you can route your sample source to any or all of the connected samplers, again, with the turn of a dial without unplugging owt.

Check it...

Can be found on eBay, most readily in the States.

YOU'RE WELCOME! :lol:

Good luck to everyone in the coming WWIII/civil wars!!!

mkII userz r cheaterz!!!

Post subject: Re: Tidy solution for users of multiple SPs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:33 am 

wow :shock: