It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 am

Post subject: Re: Confused with 505s workflow
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:07 am 

I did some tests yesterday, with the bpm settings on my 505 and i have many queries about this.
What they are used for? I mean, i have read the manual but all my efforts end up in a distorted sound. Also i read that can adjust the tempo of the sample 0.5- 1.3 times, e.g. when a sample has 128bpm you can increase it to 129.3 or decrease it to 126.7, if i understand well. This are to small adjustments! Especially when i set most of my patterns on 90-95bpm. What is the use of bpm adjust, bpm sync and bpm/tap buttons, if the result is a distorted sound?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:19 am 

I only have a 404sx but when you speed up a sample or slow it down on here too it does warp and distort it a bit, sometimes has a “flutter” sound. Kinda messes up the sample, yes, but can also make some pretty cool sounds with it :) the purpose is to speed it up and slow it down but warping the sample is just something it does for whatever reason. Also a sample you recorded might register as 110 bpm for example, but that isn’t really accurate. Just because the sample shows itself as being a certain bpm doesn’t mean you need to adjust it to match your pattern BPM if you chop the samples. Maybe a entirely sampled loop yes but chops you can play no problem no matter what BPM they show up as :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:28 am 

Yes, the the true is that i face this problem when i use entirely music phrases and not chopped parts. I wonder if is possible to sample a music phrase and at the same time to adjust the bpm. Also i wonder if can i adjust the bpm with using the pitch mode?