It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 pm

Post subject: Elektron Digitakt vs Novation Circuit vs Roland SP404 mk2.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:32 pm 

Can’t decide which one to get? Watch this and decide what’s best for you. If you said all 3, you my friend are a sampler master!!!

https://youtu.be/2o0taxjCobw

Post subject: Re: Elektron Digitakt vs Novation Circuit vs Roland SP404 mk
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:15 pm 

for me the best is the Digitak, you have lot more possibility with, but the question is: do you need those possibilities?
i feel the Circuit is a bit less sample friendly but i have to watch better the video

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 pm 

I don’t care for the Novation Circuit workflow. I need a screen to see what I’m doing if possible. Not different colored pads. I can’t afford a Digitakt. It reminds me of hardware versions of iPad drum machine apps. Nothing wrong with that, but I’d want it more if they could drop the price some more. If I could afford it, I’d rather have a Digitone. But I’m now finding myself buying records again, and soon a DJ mixer as well. So I’d rather get the 404 mk2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:15 pm 

Just began to understand my SP404A, don't want to do usual beat with it. But I appreciate it.

Like a lot of people I want a Digitone and Digitakt, so coupled with the SP 404A.

I don't want to fall in marketing where every products really missed something, and you realized it once you bought it.

Then youtube video is huge part of marketing as well.

I've seen the novation circuit tracks : if I have both sp404a and Novation circuit tracks do I have a kind of digitakt at the end and 'half' of a Digitone, :) still will I be near an MPC ?

I prefer still save money and trying to get an Elektron Digitone. (Need a Digitakt to complete the SP404A)

I already own a semi modular synth and the sp404a as hardware.

(so in parallel I would build a bit of a modular synth's system) And absolutely need a polyphonic synth (Korg modwave, opsix, elektron digitone.)

Though I have to sample my 4 (licenced) vst synth's. To see how I exploit these with hardware sampler and modular.

Afraid to buy a circuit tracks, but maybe it' s just a poor child, I mean seeing all Akai's products which are useless, some Elektron's products like model cycles...

A lot of products affordable, ok, but going straight to the good MPC, is better, also to Elektron Octatract, etc... It's expensive but, a lot of product are 'poor child'.

(I also understand specific needs of any musicians)